Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
PS you may enjoy a couple videos I made a few weeks ago, might give you more of a feel for the riding down there.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
I have been trying for the past 3 years to get out of FL. Making is a goal to be out for good in one year to date when my lease is up. I have a decent job which will be tough to give up but I can't see myself wasting away here any longer. For me, all the coastal cities are the same. Lived in Sarasota for 6 years which is very similar to clearwater. Same crappy traffic, crappy roads and idiot drivers. I sit inside all day during the week cause it is too damn hot and humid to do much of anything outside. Sugarloaf mountain roads are fun for a few laps but then get real old real quick. Not worth riding out from clearwater to do that. Any decent riding is 8 hours north in the GA mountains. If you are a beach bum you will like it, just not my style. I want to live in a place where the seasons actually change. Been here 18 years and I am burnt out on Florida.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
I have been trying for the past 3 years to get out of FL. Making is a goal to be out for good in one year to date when my lease is up. I have a decent job which will be tough to give up but I can't see myself wasting away here any longer. For me, all the coastal cities are the same. Lived in Sarasota for 6 years which is very similar to clearwater. Same crappy traffic, crappy roads and idiot drivers. I sit inside all day during the week cause it is too damn hot and humid to do much of anything outside. Sugarloaf mountain roads are fun for a few laps but then get real old real quick. Not worth riding out from clearwater to do that. Any decent riding is 8 hours north in the GA mountains. If you are a beach bum you will like it, just not my style. I want to live in a place where the seasons actually change. Been here 18 years and I am burnt out on Florida.
Wow, if I didn't know any better... it sounds like you're pretty miserable!

Life's too fucking short to be miserable.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Wow, if I didn't know any better... it sounds like you're pretty miserable!

Life's too fucking short to be miserable.
Not miserable, just not happy living here. I agree, too short to be miserable, that is why I am trying to get out.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Quote:
Same crappy traffic, crappy roads and idiot drivers.

After living in a couple different states and two foreign countries, I can tell you that is the same no matter where you go.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
After living in a couple different states and two foreign countries, I can tell you that is the same no matter where you go.
Ok, maybe the idiots and crappy traffic but the roads I would disagree with you. I want to move to an area with mountains (TN/NC/VA), where the roads are actually curvy and scenic. Definitely not the same up there, and the change of seasons too.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #22
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Ok, maybe the idiots and crappy traffic but the roads I would disagree with you. I want to move to an area with mountains (TN/NC/VA), where the roads are actually curvy and scenic. Definitely not the same up there, and the change of seasons too.
You've obviousy never ridden in PASCO
Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
You've obviousy never ridden in PASCO

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
Vankaye
n00b on the move

Oddometer: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroRoo View Post
PS you may enjoy a couple videos I made a few weeks ago, might give you more of a feel for the riding down there.
I immediately identified the intersection in the first video as Anclote and Alt19. You are in my neighborhood. I live in tarpon and keep my boat at a marina on Anclote rd. I ride my white '99 DR350 around there. I will keep an eye out for your bike! Alt19 and Edgewater drive are my daily commute.

Nice videos!

Vankaye screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 09:20 AM
Vankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #25
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Quote:

blah, Florida has plenty of curves... they are called on/off ramps ;-)
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
blah, Florida has plenty of curves... they are called on/off ramps ;-)
Even the ramps out by me are usually straight.

The trails can be curvy though.

Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote