Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #1321
DALROO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Moving to Oklahoma soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon!

Greetings fellow Okies!

After stints through Colorado and Texas (OSU alum born in OKC, but high school in Ada), I've accepted a job in OKC and will be moving the wife and kids there over the coming months. Old dirt bike rider, but haven't been off-road much in almost 20 years - although looking to get into a bit of dual sporting. I think I've decided on a WR for the stable.

Currently ride a Concours after 3 HDs in a row, and also have a vintage KZ440LTD.

Looking forward to getting that way and meeting some two wheel brethren! Will post more as we get closer and I get my bikes moved.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #1322
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Welcome back you OKie :). Lots of riders in this state, sometimes we even get together, but most are on the road doing stuff, as it should be, lol. I have been trying to get in the mood for more off-roading myself, though I never really did it after my teen years...could be a bucket list thing, lol. Keep us informed and let us know where you intend to land around here, would be glad to help if feasible.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #1323
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 264
Welcome

Welcome, DALROO! Hope to see you at one of our Meet n Greets.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #1324
fonebone77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Howdy all. New to the forum and thought I would say hello. Picking up a 2012 KLR650 on Tuesday. This will be my first foray into the dual sport world. I am in Centralish OKC and looking forward to trying out a new style of riding. I have had several bikes in the past but they were all street bikes. in the past i have had a Katana and a VFR800. Now I have a speed triple that is a bit of a basket case at the moment. I attended MMI back in 2004 and worked in a dealership as a salesperson for a couple of years in Phoenix. Look forward to chatting with you guys and maybe riding with you sometime.
fonebone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #1325
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 65
Howdy fonebone, welcome to the club!
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #1326
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonebone77 View Post
Howdy all. New to the forum and thought I would say hello. Picking up a 2012 KLR650 on Tuesday. This will be my first foray into the dual sport world. I am in Centralish OKC and looking forward to trying out a new style of riding. I have had several bikes in the past but they were all street bikes. in the past i have had a Katana and a VFR800. Now I have a speed triple that is a bit of a basket case at the moment. I attended MMI back in 2004 and worked in a dealership as a salesperson for a couple of years in Phoenix. Look forward to chatting with you guys and maybe riding with you sometime.
Welcome, quite a few guys in the metro area to meet up with. Easiest way is to plan a ride to a place that has food. That always brings them out.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #1327
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Hey everyone...

Meet and great at Penny Hill Deli & Subs in Norman Tuesday the 3rd round 6:30 or 7?

We can head up to Guthrie later in September or October...

Beer, Locally owned, high ratings on Urban Spoon, in Norman to welcome the newcomer, and sometimes we just have to make a decision.

We should get together and plan some rides... I'm fixing to leave for Colorado but will be ready to go when i get back!!!!!!!

Penny Hill Deli and Subs
1424 W Lindsey St
Norman
(405) 217-8339

Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #1328
Mental3dge
Based

I'm in for 7, at the very least it's going to be a duo.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #1329
Shov3BR
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Hey everyone...

Meet and great at Penny Hill Deli & Subs in Norman Tuesday the 3rd round 6:30 or 7?

Beer, Locally owned, high ratings on Urban Spoon, in Norman to welcome the newcomer, and sometimes we just have to make a decision.

We should get together and plan some rides... I'm fixing to leave for Colorado but will be ready to go when i get back!!!!!!!

Penny Hill Deli and Subs
1424 W Lindsey St
Norman
(405) 217-8339

Hope to be able to make it.

The Kiwis may be here after finishing up their ride. I'm sure they would like to meet the rest of the OKC Metro inmates.

They were in Virginia Beach yesterday and headed back here. They have now circled the globe having ridden London to Magadan last year. That plus the Arctic Circle part that we rode in July should provide some interesting stories.

-Shov

'11 KTM 990 ADV Dakar, '08 KTM 690 Enduro, '09 H-D Road King, '82 H-D FXRS (Shovelhead)
Shov3BR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #1330
fonebone77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thanks for the welcomes all. I am picking up my new klr tomorrow evening and may try to swing out to Norman to say howdy. I will see what kind of mood the wife is before making a final judgement on that.
fonebone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #1331
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Hey everyone...

Penny Hill Deli and Subs
1424 W Lindsey St
Norman
(405) 217-8339

Dadayama, I just went to their website to see how to get there and saw a sign that said "hope to open up by the 4th"...I'm in solid meetings for a couple of hours, maybe someone can give them a call. If they are open I am in for a 7 PM meet, need to do something at the house for a few minutes after I get home.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #1332
Mental3dge
Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
Dadayama, I just went to their website to see how to get there and saw a sign that said "hope to open up by the 4th"...I'm in solid meetings for a couple of hours, maybe someone can give them a call. If they are open I am in for a 7 PM meet, need to do something at the house for a few minutes after I get home.
I just called and the Lindsey location is open for business. The other location will reopen tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #1333
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Meet and Greet tonight!

Quote:
Hey everyone...

Penny Hill Deli and Subs
1424 W Lindsey St
Norman
(405) 217-8339

Notice the address above....
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #1334
Mental3dge
Based

Just clearing up any ambiguity.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #1335
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Meet and Greet tonight

Well only four of us showed up tonight...
MrDirtBikeRider
Mental3edge
fonebone77
and some random guy riding a GS that saw our bikes in the parking lot.

Mental3edge was riding his 3 week-old DRZ650 and fonebone77 had just bought his KLR tonight!!!!!!!

So a couple of new people ready to ride and they are ready and willing to go so if anyone wants to hit the road, give a shout out...

Here are a couple of fuzzy pics...

[IMG]photo[/IMG]
photo