ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #1636
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
I'll have my perspective up hopefully this week. I've got some pictures that I want to work on a little before I release them to the public. Nothing fancy as all I have is iphoto at the moment, but I can at least try and make my night sky shots turn out a little bit better. I've got some sunset pictures as well that look like a cartoon as well.

Oh, after all the ranting and raving about how no one got a flat on the trip, well, I picked up a nail on my way home and was up late last night patching the tube so that I could ride into work this morning. It was a very slow leak so I didn't notice the tire getting low until yesterday.
Looking forward to seeing your photos
Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #1637
awlittle
Being awesome1/2 the time

Oddometer: 17
Apologies for not reading all 100 pages but I wanted to ask if there was a weekly or monthly meeting of riders. I recently got an f800gs after a string of road bikes and stupid long road trips. Looking forward to exploring the State I use to always rush out of for greener pastures!
awlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #1638
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlittle View Post
Apologies for not reading all 100 pages but I wanted to ask if there was a weekly or monthly meeting of riders. I recently got an f800gs after a string of road bikes and stupid long road trips. Looking forward to exploring the State I use to always rush out of for greener pastures!
Hi,

Welcome to the group.
There's a ride on Saturday. Tie up with Ibriding if you wanna tag along

Dirtbiker78
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #1639
awlittle
Being awesome1/2 the time

Oddometer: 17
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my bike won't be back from GA until next weekend (long, boring story) and I'll hopefully be running a race in the corvette this weekend...if it's ready. I'll keep checking. Thanks!
awlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #1640
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlittle View Post
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my bike won't be back from GA until next weekend (long, boring story) and I'll hopefully be running a race in the corvette this weekend...if it's ready. I'll keep checking. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #1641
4play
Next?

Oddometer: 2,383
I've been running Tubliss for about a year and have been through 7 tires, no issues. I had one flat that I was able to plug and finis a 200 mile offroad day. Tubliss only comes in 21,19 & 18" sizes so far.

I'm running the Mefo Super Explorer on the rear of the Ninja, 1500 miles so far and For most of what we do in AZ I'm very pleased. I've done Buckhorn wash, Copperopolis, Camp Verde to Lake Mary, Table Mesa the GWT with no issues.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #1642
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
Thanks for the info 4play. I have heard alot of good stuff about Mefo from my German friends. I was talking about them this last weekend. I think I might try one on the rear when my Heidenau wears out. The Heide has given me many good miles but I want something with a little more bite. With the higher speeds we have been running lately it tends to get a little loose in the caboose.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #1643
AzTinBender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Quote:
Dang Batman that sucks! Has anyone tried the kits that make laced wheels tubeless? If the work it might be worth the effort.
Mountain bikers who don't want to spend the big bucks on tubeless wheels do something called 'Ghetto Tubless.' It involves splitting a tube down the center and using it as a rim strip to seal the spoke holes. It also seals the bead and provides the valve stem. I've been doing it on my MTB's since January with out a problem. I've seen youtube videos of people doing it on motorcycles. Search 'ghetto tubeless' on youtube. It's cheap, easy and it works (on MTB's, I've seen videos but don't have actuall experience with it on a motorcycle...yet).
AzTinBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #1644
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Thanks Loren I will check the vids.

We need to start a lard ass club. My bro Darrol (AZDZRTRat) is laid up with a bum hip. I have been laying around alot since Sunday. I have really been thinking that we all need to make time to stay healthy. The fact is that when you are fit and get injured it is easier to come back from the injury and even reduce a chance of injury to begin with. When I got that virus that caused me to have Congestive Heart Failure almost 8 years ago, my doc said that if I stayed active and fought the disease I would beat it. Well I have stayed somewhat active but it could be so much better. I think exercise pretty sucks for most people. I have found that kayaking was fun gave me good upper body, but I got bored going down the Salt every weekend. We need to start something. Archery, Boche, Volleyball, Hiking, bowling, horseshoes, I dunno know, something. Either like a Wednesday night thing and/or something we can combine with riding. Like ride somewhere then hike 2 miles and then ride some more. I know I am rambling but most of us are getting old and this shiz will hurt us if we don't stay fit. It doesn't have to be the same thing each time either. What you guys think?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #1645
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 595
Mount Graham

How does this sound? We meet at the Chevron on Idaho Rd and the 60 at 7:00 Saturday. We can stop for some chow in Globe and then hit the Coolidge Dam on the way out. It is on the way and will add a little more dirt to the ride?

After that it is up to the mountain to see all it has to offer. I figure we can stop for Mexican food in Superior on the way back and if anyone is on a hurry they can just continue on back to town?

So far this is who is in

IBRiding
AzTinBender
Dirtbiker78
cyberdos (Maybe)

Oh Yea, MrGoldfish - How are the photos of Toroweap looking? I can't wait to see them.

IBRiding screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 06:19 PM
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #1646
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Thanks Loren I will check the vids.

We need to start a lard ass club. My bro Darrol (AZDZRTRat) is laid up with a bum hip. I have been laying around alot since Sunday. I have really been thinking that we all need to make time to stay healthy. The fact is that when you are fit and get injured it is easier to come back from the injury and even reduce a chance of injury to begin with. When I got that virus that caused me to have Congestive Heart Failure almost 8 years ago, my doc said that if I stayed active and fought the disease I would beat it. Well I have stayed somewhat active but it could be so much better. I think exercise pretty sucks for most people. I have found that kayaking was fun gave me good upper body, but I got bored going down the Salt every weekend. We need to start something. Archery, Boche, Volleyball, Hiking, bowling, horseshoes, I dunno know, something. Either like a Wednesday night thing and/or something we can combine with riding. Like ride somewhere then hike 2 miles and then ride some more. I know I am rambling but most of us are getting old and this shiz will hurt us if we don't stay fit. It doesn't have to be the same thing each time either. What you guys think?

Paul,

Great idea, I need to finally get back into some type of shape (Well other than round that is) I am game for pretty much anything but was seriously thinking about getting a cheap mountain bike to start. I know someone who knows a little bit about mountain bikes and where to ride
Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #1647
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Staying active! As in sweating, dam thats some crazy shiz. Thats actually a good idea. I have gone to the round shape. My mountain bike could use some good use. I wonder if I could transport the mountain bike on my KTM? Now that would be a sight. If I can get my ass out of bed early enough I willl join you guys going to Mt Graham.

"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #1648
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

I have a crappy mountain bike. I think it is good enough for beginning stuff. I think our level of ability would bore the hell out of Loren. I am making good progress I only lay around at home I carry computers all day and walk at work. It's not like I am going to let the kids at work show me up.

Progress by ROWdude, on Flickr
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #1649
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Damn

Damn Paul,

That's got to hurt like a son of a bitch.

Bill
Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #1650
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
Staying active! As in sweating, dam thats some crazy shiz. Thats actually a good idea. I have gone to the round shape. My mountain bike could use some good use. I wonder if I could transport the mountain bike on my KTM? Now that would be a sight. If I can get my ass out of bed early enough I willl join you guys going to Mt Graham.

Crown,

Hope to see you Saturday.

Bill