User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 2,933
Toronto Pearson Motorcycle parking??

Can anyone provide any experience with this? I'm searching the airport as well but I'm finding various park and rides.

I'd prefer some kind of shelter or underground parking to keep the bike out of the weather. It'll be for 5 days mid/late Aug. Looks to be about 7-10 bucks a day or 50 a week. To save my marriage I won't make my wife drive me and a shuttle is 75 bucks each way.

Thanks..

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
tat2
where's ya too?

Oddometer: 103
The GTAA Value Park Garage is the only covered parking I know of at the airport.

http://www.torontopearson.com/en/Value_Park_Garage/#

Having said that, leave the bike at home. I used to work @ in a airport parking lot & these long term lots are watched by the criminal element. Bikes are just easy pickings compared to an everyday car.

Other suggestions if you insist on riding the bike.
1)Find an inmate close to the airport, rent out some garage space and take a cheaper ride to/from the airport.
2) Call different airport lots. Specify you have a bike and see if they may accommodate you. Like a bike in a locked building they have or right by the main doors of an always staffed building.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 928
Eek same problem

i had the same problem a few years ago and no one wanted a bike in he lot. So I ended up parking it in the parking garage and locking it up to some large pipes. Now the bad part is I ended up paying 110 bucks for 5 days . Might have stayed at a hotel for cheaper.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
gybeman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
If your flight leaves early, we've stayed at the new hotel at the airport (Sheraton??) which is right across the road from the departures gates. Very new, clean and unbelievably quiet, and you are an elevator and short walk to get checked in. Got an online deal with parking included for around $150 (on the roof of the hotel) and there is a nice overhang off the building which there is bound to be a bike parking spot for. We parked our suv there for 10 days where its in the shade, and likely well monitored. The price is worth it for not going thru the 'got to get to the airport on time' Toronto traffic anxiety where you don't know if its going to take 10mins or 2hrs to get there.
gybeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
speedtrials
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
if you can drive your motorcycle around the gate parking is free
speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

I booked at a nearby hotel for parking. It's covered, secured, free shuttle less than 2 kms away. I leave next week and will be gone 5 days. I'll post how it goes upon my return.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post
I booked at a nearby hotel for parking. It's covered, secured, free shuttle less than 2 kms away. I leave next week and will be gone 5 days. I'll post how it goes upon my return.
To conclude this thread, I parked at the Indigo Hotel. It was one of two hotels that offered covered parking, which I absolutely wanted.
I parked the bike, covered it, then got a 5 minute shuttle to the terminal. It came to a little over 7 bucks a day when all totalled. On my return i called for pickup after i got my luggage and the shuttle arrived in 5-10 minutes. It was a 3 minute drive back, and i wondered upon my return if the bike would be unharmed and sure enough it was as I left it. The parking is monitored and I parked close to the entrance.

So for anyone needing safe, roofed parking and a reasonable price, this hotel is a good option.

Cheers.