Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Tan, you just made my day. Sounds like you live in a fish bowl! Enjoy your adventure down to Starbucks in your goretex outfit.

PS! Don't forget the makeup :-)
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
well at least i cant do it on this bike :) Its another issue that i think these people who ever test riding the bikes always try to get their knee down rather then telling us the 1190 adventure burns alot petrol got a heat problem.
The video is made for entertainment purpose. And it looks to me like they are having allot of fun. When i watch this i am thinking: "i want to be on that thing" That's their goal, to make people enthusiastic for the bike, and that's why they can testride it as a journalist.
Quote:
The bike doesnt been made for track use and what is the point of using the bike like this :)
Again, fun. The big plus of this bike is that it's like a swiss-knife. The thing has pottential in any form of riding. Track, road, dirt. It does not matter.
Quote:
what are you going to go evrywhere with wheeles ? :) why there is a wheele in a test ? for an adventure bike ? :)
Yes, because it's fun to wheelie a bigass bike, you should try it some time. It's...wait for it...FUN!
Quote:
these jornulist bikers makes me laugh specially MCN . they test ride a harley davidson sportster and they said the ground clearence is bad :) lol the ground clearence ? IT IS A HARLEY DAVIDSON ! cruiser what ground clearence you have in mind ? the same thing happend in KTM 1190 . they said the bike is this god that good 150 hp like a sports bike but they didnt tell positives and negatives about the bike . These guys in the video can put their knee down and i find even wearing full leathers shows that you are not an off road or enduro rider . sorry jornulists but its true .
The purpose of the video is not to show the off-road capabilities, it's for showing the road potential. Afterall, it's in the all-road segment. The vid shows how much of a hooligan bike the 1190 is, a true KTM.
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #18
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Tan, you just made my day. Sounds like you live in a fish bowl! Enjoy your adventure down to Starbucks in your goretex outfit.

PS! Don't forget the makeup :-)
Mate why such loser comment ? Why can't you handle that the statement I just write is completely true!

Why is that I live in a fish bowl! don't make me laugh you are ridiculous. If you got nothing to say just shut up, if you got something to say just write it up like a man. Do you even got a bike because I think you don't have a clue about leathers and textile. I can teach you free!

Fucking loser
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
The video is made for entertainment purpose. And it looks to me like they are having allot of fun. When i watch this i am thinking: "i want to be on that thing" That's their goal, to make people enthusiastic for the bike, and that's why they can testride it as a journalist. Again, fun. The big plus of this bike is that it's like a swiss-knife. The thing has pottential in any form of riding. Track, road, dirt. It does not matter. Yes, because it's fun to wheelie a bigass bike, you should try it some time. It's...wait for it...FUN! The purpose of the video is not to show the off-road capabilities, it's for showing the road potential. Afterall, it's in the all-road segment. The vid shows how much of a hooligan bike the 1190 is, a true KTM.
entertainment ? It's a bike test :) people will listen, watch and think about buying it in future. But yes it is to show that it's still a hologan bike.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Tan, you are the man! Lol
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog uk View Post
Here we go again.

Tan knows everything, everyone else knows nothing, we are all stupid because we don't understand him.

Why such comment ? You are not stupid but if you say you are stupid may be you are, however I try to not offence people as soon as they don't comment like losers. Where do you come to this comment mate ? Tell me cause there is two people here bulling me and you guys are losers.

I didn't say I know everything but I share what I know, morons like you guys don't read understand and can't digest it. Then write comments like this and make yourself look stupid.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #22
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Tan, you are the man! Lol
Your comments are irritating and builling me.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
Krap To Maintain

Oddometer: 191
Just checked my centre stand bolts, both were loose and the same on a mates 1190 R. Could have some thing to do with the scrapping ?

14 BMW GS 1200 LC
13 KTM 1190 Adv
08 KTM 990 Adv
990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #24
XsilverGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I've had my centre stand drag on the ground while two-up and neither of us are heavy (me 73Kg wife 7 stone).

I've also had the rear bottom out while two-up which surprised me. So I did some checks.

I have an 1190 roadie without ESD (manual suspension), this has a different rear spring rate to the ESD models. From the info in the hand-book I measured the static and rider sag with, (from memory) the spring pre-load set to 4 turns. After careful measurement I arrived at 9 turns on the pre-load adjuster to get the correct static sag. This also gave the correct rider sag as per the hand-book.

Has anybody else tried setting the sag as per the hand-book?

To achieve the correct sag with the correct number of turns on the pre-load adjuster would require a 2.5mm spacer under the spring.

My seat of the pants feeling is that the rear spring is a little soft. Has anybody else a view on this?

I know the ESD has a different spring rate to the manual version and I think it's softer so I can't try one of these.

As an aside I have shortened the centre stand to make it easier to use, especially when loaded.

Interested to hear other views and of course a soft spring will contribute to stand dragging.
XsilverGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #25
RedRupert
Brit in the Soviet Union

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
do you have a special ability to understand everything from the bottom part of it ?

1. does it matters>?
2. yes mainly they wear Gore-Tex or any textile because THEY ARE WATERPROOF! dump!
3.they can ride fast, but they can't ride a 1190 adventure bike like a panigale super sports bike it isn't design for that !
4. every riders wheelie but a test journalist don't have to wheelie with all bikes ! they wheelie even when they test ride a Goldwing ! what is the point ! of course adventure or any rider can wheelie .

Are you seriously have no brain to actually understand anything I write ?
you are embarrassing yourself there is nothing wrong what I said and they are all true.
Tan, it's quite difficult for me to understand what you write, and I'm a native English speaker... it must be incredibly difficult for a Norwegian to understand.

Leather provides much better abrasion resistance than textiles do, so that test rider is perfectly entitled to wear leather while riding like that on a lovely dry sunny day.

We can ride any bike however we like. There are no rules; at least I was not given a copy of them when I purchased my bike.
Yamaha RD 350 LC (1984)
RedRupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #26
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,167
Would there be any cancel button for this...Again.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #27
ADVill
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Dude laughed at you with his ass. I think that means he............. wins?

Wanna wear leathers? Go ahead.
Wanna wear Gore Tex? Have at it.
Wanna go without a helmet? Be my guest.
Wanna take a Harley offroad? OK, now I'm getting ridiculous. (Baja 100s not included)

It's your bike, ride like you wish.
ADVill is online now   Reply With Quote