Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #361
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer111v View Post
I'm looking at hauling up both my DRZ400 and KTM 950 Adventure. Maybe the dualsport route big bike style on Friday and GuyManBro's miles of fun on the DRZ for Saturday.
Now, that sounds like a game plan that i can handle!
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #362
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,329
Thank you Guymanbro, for taking this aspect of CroMag on. I am certain there will be much fun had, and stories to tell when you all get back.

Please do listen to his admonitions. He knows well of what he speaks.

Just an FYI, I finally got a Geiggerrig hydration pack myself and it is the bomb. Thanks to Cromoth. They have a thread in Vendors that will get you some doodads with it. Little guy caught an edge and cut in front of me saving it as I was pointed down hill at speed this winter on a boiler plate day on about a 15 pitch. Had to give up the edge not to kill him and did the slide for life for about 100 yards. Figured the pack would be junk...not a thing wrong with it. Bladder did not even burst. Everything else I had in it was crushed to smithereens...but the pack was fine. For those who know the impact that held up to, that is good advertising. Say nothing of the whole squirting thing which is pretty handy on the bike. YMMV. But a good way to stay hydrated out there.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #363
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,158
More important than any ride info . . .

Too much talk about rides and bikes and shit. This is the important business:

BGS Selection:

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #364
FixxiT
Lunitic Fringe

Oddometer: 891
Hmmmmmmm...

I dont see any Long Trail Triple-Bag.. I wait 12 long months every year for this event to roll around..my only chance at obtaining the elusive Triple-Bag..
Which, as everyone knows, is NOT FOR SALE in South Flugistan

Toss out the Labatts Molson Fosters Gingerale Pabst & toss in some Triple-Bag...

GUY

Who's in charge over there!

FixxiT screwed with this post 09-01-2013 at 10:36 AM Reason: more bag!
FixxiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #365
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixxiT View Post
Hmmmmmmm...

I dont see any Long Trail Double-Bag.. I wait 12 long months every year for this event to roll around..my only chance at obtaining the elusive Double-Bag..
Which, as everyone knows, is NOT FOR SALE in South Flugistan

Toss out the Labatts Molson Fosters Gingerale Pabst & toss in some Double-Bag...

GUY

Who's in charge over there!

I am riding up this week to discuss what their stores should be. They are new.....it will work out.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #366
majorhavoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
So another relative noob here with what some may consider a question with a rather obvious answer. (Obvious to everyone but me).

Is it kosher to come to this event with the expectation of doing just road rides or really basic off road stuff? (ie gentle logging roads)

I'd be on a KLR650, but I do not have off road riding gear and my off road riding skills are nowhere near adequate for what people seem to be talking about for the planned technical loop.

I ask this question because I'm wondering if the "CroMag" moniker might have something to do with the expected primitive riding conditions. And that evolved (ie soft) riders like me might not fit in.

I can say however that my technical drinking craft-brewed beer around a campfire skills are top notch.
majorhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #367
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
I can say however that my technical drinking craft-brewed beer around a campfire skills are top notch.
IN!

And on the other you will not be alone, there will plenty of that type of riding too.

MAN
Old 08-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #368
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
So another relative noob here with what some may consider a question with a rather obvious answer. (Obvious to everyone but me).

Is it kosher to come to this event with the expectation of doing just road rides or really basic off road stuff? (ie gentle logging roads)

I'd be on a KLR650, but I do not have off road riding gear and my off road riding skills are nowhere near adequate for what people seem to be talking about for the planned technical loop.

I ask this question because I'm wondering if the "CroMag" moniker might have something to do with the expected primitive riding conditions. And that evolved (ie soft) riders like me might not fit in.

You will fit right in....

Don't stress the rides - everyone does their own thing, there are no organized rides as such. If all you want to do is ride the road, I'm sure you'll find a group to ride with. There are a number of different groups -GuymanBRO's group is just one of them (and he's nuts anwyay ).

Come along, you'll have a blast
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #369
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,105
Ok fuckers,,,,,whats going on here?
Im out for the west trip,,,,so,,,,,,,little bikes,,,whos ride'n trails?

Ill go just to hang with my old pal's,Merc,and yes even evil.
All I got is little bikes that piss people off,,so tell me its worth thrown one in the Sprinter.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #370
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Ok fuckers,,,,,whats going on here?
Im out for the west trip,,,,so,,,,,,,little bikes,,,whos ride'n trails?

Ill go just to hang with my old pal's,Merc,and yes even evil.
All I got is little bikes that piss people off,,so tell me its worth thrown one in the Sprinter.
Awww, sucky, now. Let's go AWM. You'll freakin' love the loop I put together. (And PBR tallboy sixxers are $4.99).

And for others, like MajorHavoc, the beauty of CroMag and VT in general, is that there is great riding everywhere no matter the kind of bike you ride. Finding the good dirty bits takes a bit more effort, so I've put together some tracks to keep the truly unruly dirty riders happy.

From Harleys to trail-hounds, the goods will be found.

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #371
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro View Post
Awww, sucky, now. Let's go AWM. You'll freakin' love the loop I put together. (And PBR tallboy sixxers are $4.99).

And for others, like MajorHavoc, the beauty of CroMag and VT in general, is that there is great riding everywhere no matter the kind of bike you ride. Finding the good dirty bits takes a bit more effort, so I've put together some tracks to keep the truly unruly dirty riders happy.

From Harleys to trail-hounds, the goods will be found.

Last year I was on a Lc8,an we did the off road loop,or most of it.Unga would have to tell ya where we went,,i don't pay attention to that shit.
We almost got in a fight with some locals,,so that was cool.
Unless I get the stator fixed on the Lc4,im on a 2 stroke.So im basicly on a 2 stroke.

Ah,,,,you don't wanta see me drink,bra.....Mama made me promise no felony's for 2013.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #372
Racer111v
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Last year myself (drz400) and four others (kdx200,xr400,wr400,ktm300) started with the dual sport route. I led ,as I was the only one with a roll sheet holder. After getting off course a few times,we just stayed to the dirt roads. Most of these roads progress from maintained gravel, to jeep trail, to atv/snowmobile trail. The GPS got us back to Silver Lake when we started to get hungry (and thirsty). There we very few small bikes last year, but it looks like a much larger bunch this year. There is no lack of riding choices.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #373
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,166
i prefer this cooler

Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #374
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer111v View Post
Last year myself (drz400) and four others (kdx200,xr400,wr400,ktm300) started with the dual sport route. I led ,as I was the only one with a roll sheet holder. After getting off course a few times,we just stayed to the dirt roads. Most of these roads progress from maintained gravel, to jeep trail, to atv/snowmobile trail. The GPS got us back to Silver Lake when we started to get hungry (and thirsty). There we very few small bikes last year, but it looks like a much larger bunch this year. There is no lack of riding choices.

Roads of any kind are over rated.

Gas would be my only concern.I get bout 60miles out of a tank.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #375
Racer111v
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Roads of any kind are over rated.

Gas would be my only concern.I get bout 60miles out of a tank.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...&ved=0CLYBELYD