2 is better than 4
Calculated risk takr

Oddometer: 98
I wanna go play too bad I'm in Arizona! O well lots of fun here
Old 09-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #1727
Thumpstart92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Some of you may have heard of local rider and fellow inmate Trevor Ware who got hit by a drunk driver almost exactly a year ago while riding on 40. He's made leaps and bounds of improvement but still has a long road ahead of him. Some of you may have seen his rode report "Go West Young Man" he was quite a talented writer if you can read that ride report and not want to jump on your bike and head out to the west coast your better than I.
Were holding a ride for Trevor 9/7/13 in Little Rock an inmate has generously agreed to give Trevor a ride in his sidecar. If you talk to Trevor even everything he's been through has not changed his love for motorcycles. When I first met him he immediately asked "what do you ride?" And "what modifications have you done?" There are a few threads under inmates showing his progress. The ADV community has been a huge support for Trevor donations bought wheel chair ramps for his and his mothers cars. I hope we can do more even if not financially but as a mental push showing that people around him care and have not forgotten the Kern county kid. The fellowship and generosity of ADVers never ceases to astound me not only locally, not only nationally but internationally. If you have any questions PM either me or Dogjaw.

http://kerncountykid.blogspot.com
http://vimeo.com/m/34638170
http://www.syncweekly.com/news/2013/...-have-happened

Thumpstart92 screwed with this post 09-02-2013 at 09:36 PM
Thumpstart92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #1728
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,821
Thanks for the update & heads up....
Old 09-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #1729
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,851
I went to the antique bike show on bath house row instead of the hit and miss engine thing at Scott. It was neat to see a nearly hundred year old HD run.
No thanks to the idiots on a cruiser and sportbike nearly running me down passing me in my lane on Central.
Went to my favorite dealer to order boots for my daughter. Someone there had ridden up from Louisiana on an 1100 Honda after changing the coolant. They drained the old coolant out, then just filled the overflow can. It made it to Hot Springs like that. Modern bikes and the things they tolerate amaze me.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1730
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 465
Ross, Ross, Ross, Ross...

This Saturday there will be several of us flatlanders from NE Arkansas riding at Ross. We'll probably be parked at the Train Robbers gas check just up the hill from the second gravel pit on the main road (Camp Road) when coming in from the east. If you're not having fun at the Withrow Springs ride and want to get in some good single-track riding before the hunting season shut-down, come on out and join us.

Greg
Old 09-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #1731
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

I've got a pair of Fox youth size 2 boots for sale. Good condition. $20.

I have to show up at work sometime between 10am and noon Saturday. These weekend things to make us a team and enjoy work more sure are great!
Greg, anyone in that crowd slow enough to not make me feel guilty on the 650? I hate being the slow guy everyone else waits on.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #1732
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid View Post
This Saturday there will be several of us flatlanders from NE Arkansas riding at Ross. We'll probably be parked at the Train Robbers gas check just up the hill from the second gravel pit on the main road (Camp Road) when coming in from the east. If you're not having fun at the Withrow Springs ride and want to get in some good single-track riding before the hunting season shut-down, come on out and join us.
I gotta try that one of these days. Tied up this weekend at Withrow Springs but give me a shout the next time you go. I know I will be the slow guy. The trouble with being the slow guy is you never get to stop and rest. As soon as you catch up to the group they are ready to go again.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #1733
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
I have to show up at work sometime between 10am and noon Saturday. These weekend things to make us a team and enjoy work more sure are great!
Greg, anyone in that crowd slow enough to not make me feel guilty on the 650? I hate being the slow guy everyone else waits on.
Of the four of us going right now, two are "A" riders. Now that I'm old, I might be a mid-pack "C" rider (on a good day), and will be struggling to keep up. I guess that's how you get faster. They'll be on a KTM 350XCW & 300EXC while I'll be on my 250X. I know they will be keeping a race pace... typically do but are nice enough to wait on me at trail/road intersections.

Greg
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #1734
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
I gotta try that one of these days. Tied up this weekend at Withrow Springs but give me a shout the next time you go. I know I will be the slow guy. The trouble with being the slow guy is you never get to stop and rest. As soon as you catch up to the group they are ready to go again.
I was going to do Withrow Springs... got a meeting with WFO Pete, Devro and the rest of the River Valley guys Thursday night. Figured if I drove that far, might as well bring everything and head on over to camp-n-ride. Decided to do Ross since there was a group going over there and it's about to shut down for hunting for three months.

Now that Mark has (or will have in a couple of weeks) a 690, I might see if I can entice him to come over for the Long Pool ride. We typically do a big camp out Wednesday through Sunday on the last weekend of October at Brock Creek, but my son told me over the weekend he was getting married that Saturday... so there goes that! I'll need some kind of ride fix along about then anyway!

Greg
Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #1735
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
I was going to do Withrow Springs... got a meeting with WFO Pete, Devro and the rest of the River Valley guys Thursday night. Figured if I drove that far, might as well bring everything and head on over to camp-n-ride. Decided to do Ross since there was a group going over there and it's about to shut down for hunting for three months.

Now that Mark has (or will have in a couple of weeks) a 690, I might see if I can entice him to come over for the Long Pool ride. We typically do a big camp out Wednesday through Sunday on the last weekend of October at Brock Creek, but my son told me over the weekend he was getting married that Saturday... so there goes that! I'll need some kind of ride fix along about then anyway!
The Longpool Ride should be a good one. Bo is in charge of laying out a route for that one since it is in his backyard. Brock Creek is another place I have not ridden. I am thinking this fall I will give that a go. Looks like this Winter or Spring before I will have an opportunity to ride Ross. Lookin forward to it tho. Hope Longpool works out for you.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #1736
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Of the four of us going right now, two are "A" riders. Now that I'm old, I might be a mid-pack "C" rider (on a good day), and will be struggling to keep up. I guess that's how you get faster. They'll be on a KTM 350XCW & 300EXC while I'll be on my 250X. I know they will be keeping a race pace... typically do but are nice enough to wait on me at trail/road intersections.

Greg
I was snagged to work both days this weekend. No riding except commuting for me. Maybe next time.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #1737
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
I've got a pair of Fox youth size 2 boots for sale. Good condition. $20.

If you still have those boots, let me check my great-neice's size. She wants to start riding with me but I told her I had to gear her up first. Need to do it as economically as possible.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #1738
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

They fit my daughter when she was 5-7 years old.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #1739
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Ross

Even though the weather was great, the dust was horrible! There wasn't much traction either. We were thinking about another ride in a couple of weeks just to get our Ross fix to get us through the hunting season shut-down but will wait to see if it rains some. I haven't inhaled that much dust in a long time!

Greg
Old 09-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #1740
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

The few showers lately have been ten miles one side or the other of Ross.

Saturday the 28th the 70 and new boots will get tried out for the first time at Ross. Hard for me to wait.