Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
Lep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
I'll admit to doing the exact same thing as the OP in the same circumstances. I did it leaving the driveway of a motel and unlike the OP I needed help to pick up the bike (Deauville).

Around here by far the majority of back road intersections are unmarked and that combined with narrrow, winding roads, dappled light and gravel scattered on the road by other vehicles makes them dangerous. Approaching such intersections downhill on a sealed road with a scattering of gravel needs a lot of care. Others roll through, I always stop.
Lep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #17
Blue Mule
Persistent Slacker

Oddometer: 1,597
Hi Kirk!

How've Ya been?

Dan from cadvr.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
westerlywinds
Two Wheels-Ride it

Oddometer: 162
stupid

I was 21 and just got my NEW 68 Hodaka Ace 100 went up into the mountains above Boulder Colo. I was crossing a creek we had crossed in the summer for a picnic. I was about 20 feet away from the place we waded six inches deep I rode through the thin ice at the edge ended sitting in tank deep water . i pushed it out made a fire mostly dried myself then pulled the plug and air cleaner kicked the Two cycle engine about 50 times put the plug back in and it started! left the air cleaner off till I got home.
westerlywinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
______ OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Hey Dan,

Nice to hear from you. No CADVR for me this year. I lost track of time and didn't realize until it was over.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
I've done that in the dirt MANY times on my KLR (it sucks when the wheels are uphill) and I recently snagged my boot on some luggage while dis mounting, resulting in the slow motion lowering of the bike onto my self, while positioning the bars to allow me room to later escape (after I got my foot untangled from the drawstring on my tent bag) That one no one saw, even though it happened in a friends driveway after a 300 mile ride. A rearranging of things was required before I continued my trip

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote