Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #211
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
Have to talk to my First Nations brother in law who I love like a brother to me, and my good Chinese buddy.
That's supposed to make you any less racist?
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #212
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Toast View Post
I'll 4th it for ya - have always had great experiences with them.

As for fast - my first order from them was a closeout pair of SP-2s - called on Monday morning and they showed up on Tuesday afternoon. Granted, it's only Mtl to Ottawa, but it's still impressive. Never more than 3 days for shipping.
Eh! Eh! I may be my own reference soon. They gave me another $15.00 off, looks like a given when you buy "2 or more" tires.That's enough gas to scrub them. Of course free shipping, items in stock and no need to put on the credit card or use Paypal, right out of the account with Interac Online.

Even better...I won't be home to pick them up, neighbor will do that for me and they will be right inside the house by the time I get back.House will smell but I don't mind "that" smell, reminds me of my youth as a tire jockey.

Quick but for my bad connection here....and painless.

I should recheck the US prices but from what I remember pretty darn close. Sure a lot cheaper than prices we dug out of the Motovan's catalogue. Not even close that even considering that I can get what I was told is a "very good deal" out of them.

Funny, the local garage here is also the post office, owner who handed me my tires last year asked about the prices and then told me that he was getting "very good" prices from his car tires importer and also coming from Montreal.I sell quite a few to the local HD/cruiser guys he said. Again not even close....!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #213
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
That's supposed to make you any less racist?
Regionally intolerant because of past experiences, absolutely. Racist? That's a laugh. Grab a dictionary and read the discription of racist. It's real lazy to pull the race card out of your pocket. Besides, my ancestors are of French decent. Don't feel personally slighted because I choose to spend my money the way I want to spend my money, and where I want to spend it.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #214
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Gosh, I'm flattered at all the attention. Thanks guys. Great terms I'm being called. Have to talk to my First Nations brother in law who I love like a brother to me, and my good Chinese buddy.
Kinda reminds me of the Sienfeld episode where George tries befriending some black dudes to prove he's not racist. That was funny. Your comments....not so much!

And please don't take all of my attention to your asinine comments as flattery. None intended.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #215
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,071
Quote:
Regionally intolerant because of past experiences, absolutely. Racist? That's a laugh. Grab a dictionary and read the discription of racist. It's real lazy to pull the race card out of your pocket. Besides, my ancestors are of French decent. Don't feel personally slighted because I choose to spend my money the way I want to spend my money, and where I want to spend it.
It doesn't bother me in the least where you do or do not spend your money. But if you want the real definition of a racist, look in a mirror, not a dictionary.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #216
bigbadandugly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
So in an attempt to get this thread out of the gutter and back on topic, I would like to recommend Hornig out of Germany for TT parts. It's a family-run outfit out of Germany that offers great prices and flat-rate shipping to Canada (50 to Canada).

I bought a set of TT panniers and racks for my GS - MI's price - including taxes and shipping - came in at over $2,100. I paid a piss whisker above $1,400 from Hornig. I seem to recall the packages were shipped DHL air and then turned over to Canada Post. If you're lucky, you may also get the "disengaged Canada Post employee" HST-free pass.

Shipping was a bit bizarre though. I placed my order Wednesday night and one pannier shipped out late Thursday and I received it the following Monday or Tuesday. The other shipped out early Friday and I received it a good 10 days later. Clearly the first was shipped air and the second may have been shipped oceanliner.

Fellow Ottawa ADVer Lightshow has also placed a couple of orders through Hornig and has nothing but good things to say about them.
Dyno testing of a PC-V + Full Akropovic system on an R1200GS
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #217
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,382
Steve is far from alone in his feelings about certain regions of the country, there's lots of people who are tired of seeing a disproportionate amount of money sent that way only to get bitching and aspirations of separation in return, no concept of the whole biting the hand that feeds thing. Not liking a particular region is not racist, there's several words you could use to define it but racist isn't the one. Quebecois isn't a race people, I can move there tomorrow and call my self Quebecois, but I can't make myself Black, Chinese, or Indian tomorrow those are races. I live in Campbell River is that a race, or just an Island Hippy?

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #218
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,624
The new Charter of Quebec Values, guaranteed to Unite All in Quebec.

Some interesting reading from one perspective here:

http://www.putbacktheflag.com/#/
Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #219
where2next?
Map guy

Oddometer: 170
Out here in Western Canada ordering from Touratech is almost laughably bad. they routinely send the wrong parts and are slow to ship things. My buddy ordered some racks, it took 2 weeks to get them and then they were the wrong ones. all said and done it took him 6 weeks to obtain them. it's infuriating because the TT dealer in the states is located in Seattle with is way closer than Montreal. It's literally faster to take a bus to Seattle than it is to get something shipped from Montreal or to buy used stuff from the flea market. My bike came pre-farkled with a bunch of touratech parts and getting replacements is a real pain. Based on my experience, the prices going up is just another nail in the coffin- makes the already terrible situation worse.
where2next? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #220
huron52
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
I ordered a smal part this past week.($20). It will be interesting to see when I get it.... and if it is what I ordered. The site quoted 10-14 days.
huron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #221
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by where2next? View Post
Out here in Western Canada ordering from Touratech is almost laughably bad. they routinely send the wrong parts and are slow to ship things. My buddy ordered some racks, it took 2 weeks to get them and then they were the wrong ones. all said and done it took him 6 weeks to obtain them. it's infuriating because the TT dealer in the states is located in Seattle with is way closer than Montreal. It's literally faster to take a bus to Seattle than it is to get something shipped from Montreal or to buy used stuff from the flea market. My bike came pre-farkled with a bunch of touratech parts and getting replacements is a real pain. Based on my experience, the prices going up is just another nail in the coffin- makes the already terrible situation worse.

Yeah, I know it can be quite an experience ordering from TT.....anywhere. Anyone remember when Dave tried running it? I don't remember it being any better.
I try not ordering anything large or expensive thru TT Canada just cause I can't afford TT Canada. TT is expensive enough without the price bump for ordering Canadian.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #222
huron52
Gnarly Adventurer

I thought I would report back as to my dealing with the new Tourtech guy in Canada.

I order a sunshade for my Zumo 660 on August 29 @ 10:40 pm
The UPS guy just dropped it off this afternoon. September 4 @1:30pm

They were suppose to send me an email when they shipped .... they didn't
They said on the website it would be 10-14 days ...it wasn't
Old 09-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #223
speedtrials
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I'm glad things worked out for you. It astounds me that they can't email tracking numbers. It takes LITERALLY a few seconds to type a tracking number into an email and hit send. Failure to do so really just shows they dgaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huron52 View Post
I thought I would report back as to my dealing with the new Tourtech guy in Canada.

I order a sunshade for my Zumo 660 on August 29 @ 10:40 pm
The UPS guy just dropped it off this afternoon. September 4 @1:30pm

They were suppose to send me an email when they shipped .... they didn't
They said on the website it would be 10-14 days ...it wasn't
speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #224
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Hey guys, can you recommend an online retailer in the US, I can buy my Touratech parts for my TigerXC?

I've been waiting since May here in Montreal and Touratech Canada is one big clusterfuck!
Total BS from them and its amateur night on their part.

I see Touratech USA has my parts stocked and TT Canada can't get around to ordering them or tell me its back ordered.
So WTF does TT USA keep replenishing their stock?

I want to just order from a US store that can ship via USPS only to avoid the brokerage fees.
TT USA will not ship to me as well as they use UPS. :(

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Dave
Old 09-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #225
huron52
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is a suggestion..... Find someone states side to order it for you and then either you cross over a pick it up or have them mail it to you....

(of course that would be a good friend)

Sorry about getting screwed around...... I guess I had good luck!