Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #166
jimeconomou

Oddometer: n/a
fuel

I will leave the left side OFF, the right side has ON/OFF/RES now with the KTM EXC petcock. The right side will run down to empty in the ON position, followed by empty in the RES position. Then I will turn on the left tap, (if I have been foolish enough to go that far) and have the left side below the hump to get to fuel. I will try to get a mileage estimate for each reserve so I can guesstimate remaining fuel. The EPA EVAP junk hanging on the bike will provide plenty of hose to experiment with all sorts of routings. A simple T andthe existing hoses were enough to route it nicely. The warning light was one feature I hated on my KTM 950, (it's low, how low,?). The 950 could go another 40-50 miles with the damn light flashing, or would it? Sometimes it would flash on and go out for another 20 miles. Never trusted it. The wires hanging off the bottom and back of the Husky petcock were odd to say the least. I have read of leaks on some and do not doubt it would have happened to mine, based on my history, brief but dramatic as it has been. A ball of fire is about all I haven't seen from this bike, knock on wood.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #167
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Petcock P/N & $$

2002/2003 400/450 EXC petcock = 58307105200 $38.82 suggested retail. www.munnracing.com gives discounts...but then adds shipping.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #168
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeconomou
I will leave the left side OFF, the right side has ON/OFF/RES now with the KTM EXC petcock. The right side will run down to empty in the ON position, followed by empty in the RES position. Then I will turn on the left tap, (if I have been foolish enough to go that far) and have the left side below the hump to get to fuel. I will try to get a mileage estimate for each reserve so I can guesstimate remaining fuel. The EPA EVAP junk hanging on the bike will provide plenty of hose to experiment with all sorts of routings. A simple T andthe existing hoses were enough to route it nicely. The warning light was one feature I hated on my KTM 950, (it's low, how low,?). The 950 could go another 40-50 miles with the damn light flashing, or would it? Sometimes it would flash on and go out for another 20 miles. Never trusted it. The wires hanging off the bottom and back of the Husky petcock were odd to say the least. I have read of leaks on some and do not doubt it would have happened to mine, based on my history, brief but dramatic as it has been. A ball of fire is about all I haven't seen from this bike, knock on wood.
You're creating 2 'reserves'? Why?
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #169
jimeconomou

res

I did not like trying to reset the left side screw tap to ON while riding with the hot exhaust at my fingertips. The left side has no reserve position as stock. The LOW FUEL light left me less than satisfied as to how much more fuel I had. In practice I may leave the left side on to run dry with the right ON and then activate the right side RES.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #170
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
My 03 TE610E with a few Mods.....

Here is a recent pic of my 03 TE610E.

It has the 4.0 gallon Husky tank that I had to order from Australia (got it in one week believe it or not!) I added the black front acerbis fender to match the tank. I really liked the original yellow and blue and I may have some decals made for the tank to go back to that color scheme, but for know the black and blue is cool.

I highly recommend the Wolfman Enduro Tankbag and the Touratech Enduro 2 tailbag, they both fit like they were made for the bike!

As far as a skidplate I have the Husky skidplate from Ferracci (the U.S. Husky importer) it is a great part and has the gunsite logo cut on the front. I think it should fit the 06 the engine and frame are the same for all practical purposes that I see.

The bike is great! I do a lot of gravel road riding in the Flinthills in Kansas, I'm running a D606 on front and a Michelin Baja on back, both are ok, like everyone I'm still on the never ending search for the non-existent perfect dualsport tire

The 06 has quite a few updates, I really like the forks, overall the bikes are based on what I think is a great engine. I removed the canister and raised the needle one notch and the mid-range surge is gone, but I have one of those fine ol' del orto carbs, it actually works pretty well.
Attached Images

Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #171
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Older pic

Here's my trusty husky before the big tank and with the cold weather fairing (spitfire windshield).
Norman (hey Norman) and I were kicking around the idea of mounting a BMW 650 Dakar tall windshield to our bikes over on thumpertalk. It looks like it would make a great "rally fairing" for this bike. If anyone has a slightly used one for sale let me know.
Attached Images

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #172
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Skidplate

Here is a good shot of the skid plate from Ferracci, it is a must have in my opinion!
Attached Images

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-16-2006, 08:30 PM   #173
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadToad
Fantastic looking bike you have! If you do not mind my asking, what did this tank cost you and what does your Husky get in the way of MPG?

Thank you again for that photo.

The Toad
Thanks for the compliment, I really enjoy the bike.
We'll let me say first that the big tank is shown as an option in the U.S. but they are few and far between. I think it is because the big tanks came stock in Australia that is were the spares were for the most part. I know of one or two at dealers in the U.S. but was too late to get them.
That said my dealer would sell me one in the U.S. for $475 (I know it's a lot). Believe it or not R & D Husqvarna in Austraila is a great dealer even for parts to the U.S.! He sold me the tank for about $550 that include air frieght from Aus and it got here in a week. I ride with friends with large fuel tanks and I am very glad I spent the money for this one.

Don't get me wrong I have not had any trouble getting regular parts in the states but this tank was more a "down under" accessory I guess. I would think that Husky will have to make a bigger tank available for the 06 610 or the will have trouble selling them in Austrailia, with that pesky Outback thing the have down there.

Oh yeah, I get 45 mpg for a total of 180 mile per tank, I wouldn't mind a little more but really that is plenty for me.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #174
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Wicked One more pic

I know, I know you say "not another Husqvarna DualSport picture!"
Attached Images

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #175
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You won't hardly believe me when I tell you how easy it was. The top mounts on both the left and right rack bolted right up to the subframe------what were the odds of that--next to none I'd say--I think I better go buy a lotto ticket--nah !!
And all I had to do to the bottom mounts was add some length to them. From the time I went to my garage till I painted my welding was 3 hrs. I have a wire welder and it was a piece of cake for me. I'm am so happy I could just poop. I've read about those bagz for years but never seen a set in person---man they are nice---and the simple way they mount is a work of genius. 10 seconds on----5 seconds off. I may or may not add a little tubing to the left rack to make sure it keeps off the pipe.

Hey BigDog the bags look great! I might have to look into doing that to my 03!
Any chance of getting a few pics of your brackets without the bagz in place so I can see how close to my 03 the brackets are? And maybe a pic from the rear with the bagz to see the overall width?

And also you said you ordered brackets for a Honda, which model?

Your bike looks great, I really like the 06 updates but I still love my 03, Great bike, no problems!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #176
jimeconomou

I can't take much more!

A fellow offering headlight upgrades for 2006 TE and SM 610s pointed out that the parts manual lists a H4 60/55w bulb and the same reflector/lens as the SM 610 for the TE610 when I asked him what he had for my S2 bulb,(no known upgrades as far as I know). I double checked it and he is right. My dealer is calling Husky to double check but it looks to me like they installed a 35/35w S2 OFF-ROAD headlight on my bike by mistake, wiring harness connector and all. I have been checking for upgrades since I first rode it due to the dull illumination of this piece (of Sh%T!) and have a Baja Designs 55/60w headlight on the way. Anyone with the 2006 TE610 have other than the 35/35w S2 bulb assembly in their bike from Husqvarna. What is next?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #177
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
Jim,
I don't think it's a mistake, all the TE610's I've seen in person and pictures have the 35/35w "enduro headlight". Like I said before.... I was suprised when I saw this headlight, as the H4 on the older style TE610E is great. All the TE's and SMR's that are street legal have the 35/35w headlight also. What Husky needs is an Enduro Engineering to sell upgrades for things like this. I see KTM uses EE to funnel "contraband" $200 light kits for KTM 2 stroke XC and XC-W's so guys can ride enduros. Funny, but Husky gives you the light kit free on WR 2 stroke woods bike. Anyway.... customers should suggest to dealers and Husky US that an upgrade should be offered free or cheap and future bikes should have real headlight.
Norman

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #178
jimeconomou

light

Hey Norman, thought you were out for the week. Hope your feeling well. I thought it was just a poor choice at first but now I see the H4 lens and bulb is listed as the stock part in the Parts Manual published by Husqvarna for the bike. Looks like the same part # for the whole glass/reflector/bulb/harness and a different shell than the SM610. This is their parts list not mine, by the way, the 35/35 doesnt have the required DOT markings, further leading me to believe there was a mistake at the factory. I can't transfer the page to this message but if you download the Parts file from Husky it is on page 110. Thanks, Jim.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #179
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeconomou
Hey Norman, thought you were out for the week. Hope your feeling well. I thought it was just a poor choice at first but now I see the H4 lens and bulb is listed as the stock part in the Parts Manual published by Husqvarna for the bike. Looks like the same part # for the whole glass/reflector/bulb/harness and a different shell than the SM610. This is their parts list not mine, by the way, the 35/35 doesnt have the required DOT markings, further leading me to believe there was a mistake at the factory. I can't transfer the page to this message but if you download the Parts file from Husky it is on page 110. Thanks, Jim.
Jim, I looked up the parts in the parts catalog. For the bulb I found 800020137 for the TE and 800042946 for the SM. For the glass/reflector I found 8000A5567 for the TE and 800087562 for the SM. They don't appear to be the same.

Tony
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #180
jimeconomou

bulbs

Tony, good eyes my man. I had to squint to make that out. I saw the listing # and thought they were the same, though they are both listed in the description as 60W/55W, correct?