Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
Sfladvrider
Mr.n00b

Oddometer: 163
sounds like a great bike . we don't have it in the states yet :(

No..this is my first adventure bike . I've always had street bikes , I just traded in my '12 cbr600rr for it and lost some money but gained more rideability. I live in south florida which as im starting to find out isn't that good for off road riding ( all the spots you can go are illegal) you have to drive an hour to get to a spot thats legal yet alright.

but i still love my choice, my girlfriend will finally get on the bike without bitching cause the seats comfy. Im trying to work her up to going on a road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Everything about it is great.. It really doesn't feel as heavy as it is and the crash bar design is awesome same as the suspension, with the f650 and 800's a lot of people swap out the springs and everything (which I didnt bother but I knew if i kept it, I would of as it was bottoming out all the time..) The KTM suspension is fantastic, real progressive and some would say a bit stiff.. I like it though, same as tracking your lines and giving a real point and shoot steering characteristic.

Now if we go down the engine path all i can say is, it will make you grin ear to ear and shit yourself at the same time, every time you open the throttle. :)

The little problems people whinge about are nothing compared to what it offers.. (Eg: heat from under the seat) My only problem is I don't have enough time to ride it while I'm working to pay for it.. lol...

Did you have any adv bike before the GSA?

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is online now   Reply With Quote