User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,570
Flat Track Racing In North Carolina

Tar Heel Speedway is proud to announce that we have obtained a date to host a SEMDTRA (South East Motorcycle Dirt Track Racing Association) event. SEMDTRA is one of the premier Dirttrack racing groups in the Southeast and run an excellent program with all youth classes, vintage 250 and open, amateur and Pro classes. We generally have some ATVs show up and will have some special events to get the spectators involved.

The race date is Sept. 7th and the track is located at
271 Victory Lane
Tar Heel, NC 28392

Look for more info here, at the SEMDTRA web site and at Tar Heel Speedway FB page.
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Tar Heel Speedway is proud to announce that since Sept. is Childhood Cancer Awareness month our "Racing for a Reason" program will donate a portion of the race proceeds and the proceeds from the 50/50 drawing to St. Baldrick's Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research. A "Special" Grand Marshall/Starter will be announced in the near future. there will be other events during the race to give both racers and spectators an opportunities to donate. Check out www.stbaldricks.org/
Old 08-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
NORBVR
Not so gnarly

Oddometer: 368
Thumb SMDTRA Sanctioned!

A great track that is being resurrected by an inmate that lives and breathes old skool. It's an infectious motorcycle fever he can offer to young and old alike.

This is a link to the site listed above http://www.semdtra.com/

Should be a great evening of racing. Hope to see lots of inmates there! I have a feeling if you bring it, you can run it one the track (for the half-time show) Shooting flames are a plus.

Peter
Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

The SEMDTRA race on Sept 7 will be quite an event, the Open Pro class will have a couple of "Surprises" in it!?!? Our "Local" Pro riders better be extra ready!!! It sure would be nice to be in the truck with the RIDEAcademy crew heading for Springfield... Stoopid job! RIDEAcademy will be representing at the Tar Heel race.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Anybody that will be in Springfield on Thursday, the RIDEAcademy will be doing a one day school. Go by and check 'em out. Even if you don't participate you may get to hear Mike Hacker, "Deuce", Johnny Lewis, the Texters or a couple of other Pro riders giving tips to current and up n coming riders. The new RIDEAcademy training simulators will be in use and just watching that will change how you thought this "flat track thang" is done... Y'all be safe out there and think about us while we are at home being "responsible"
Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
kirk69er
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
being "responsible"

..now, your crackin' me up..
that would be to kool to get a
chance to go to school. went to
supercamp a few years back, kinda
sure it was the most FUN i ever had on
two wheels baby. with. hacker, lewis and
the crew..what a blast. good luck with the
race. hope you make a million bucks my man.
kk#38k
s0 cal~
kirk69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Just looking for a good time and relighting the flat track fire in our area... Did a Supercamp years ago and like you said, it was a hoot!!! Did a RIDEAcademy a couple of years ago and it was cool to be on my bike at speed at Aonia Pass, GA. with Jake Johnson "pushing" me around... We built some training simulators for Hack that he will debut at Springfield.

If the millionaire thing works out, look for a plane ticket in the mail to come hangout and run some laps...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #8
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Tar Heel Speedway open practice
We are gonna open the track for practice Sunday after
Church and most of the day Monday. DS tires work well and we have a practice bike that you may want to run a lap or two on.

271 victory lane
Tar heel, nc 28392

Located at the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 20 behind Richardsons daycare

910-258-2272
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Graded the track this afternoon and started the watering process... It looks nice and has a good established base so it should make a fast track by Saturday night.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Fund raising auction Sept 7th

Tar Heel Speedway Auction
Just talked to Mike Hacker and he said he rounded up some cool stuff while he was at Indy to auction at the race Saturday night to raise some funds for
St. Baldrick's Foundation. We got stuff from Jared Mees, Kenny Coolbeth Jr, Johnny Lewis, Joe Kopp and Brad Baker... Oh yeah, and some dude named Hacker LOL!!! We can't thank these guys enough for chipping in. Bring your checkbook and pick up some cool Flattrack collectables and donate to a worthy cause during Chidhood Cancer Awareness Month. "Racing for a Reason"!!!

Oh yeah... And some junk from a Jake Johnson fella???
Old 09-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #11
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Great Event!!!!

Had a blast last night IT!

Very good cause and a lot of money was raised. Update us on the total when you get a chance.

This is what a real track owner should look like...

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
IT 400 OP
Junk Collector

Thanks for the support, it's always a better time when you and the CFO are in attendance. When the numbers are totaled we'll post it. I want to thank all the inmates that showed up and supported...
Old 09-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
AJay112
AJay112

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT 400 View Post
Tar Heel Speedway Auction
Just talked to Mike Hacker and he said he rounded up some cool stuff while he was at Indy to auction at the race Saturday night to raise some funds for
St. Baldrick's Foundation. We got stuff from Jared Mees, Kenny Coolbeth Jr, Johnny Lewis, Joe Kopp ...
Mike Hacker... Joe Kopp ?
IT these CAN NOT be the same guys I knew back in the day. No, these guys were running out of Maroni's, partnered with Jones Powersports and riding to the races via "Dave Burks Motorsports." Kind of a low buck effort if I remember correctly, I donated work to do some sort of "Flaming Eyeball" graphic work on Kopp's XR one year.

No, can't be them... I do recall our, "Mike Hacker" returning a demo jet ski to the dealership (Jones Powersports) in (if I remember correctly) more than one piece. I think OUR Joe Kopp may have done some good one a KTM on year ;)

AJay

AJay112 screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 01:43 PM
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
joleyjames123
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Yes. Now the track is completed fine.
joleyjames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
AJay112
AJay112

Oddometer: 1,436
Tell me more of this, "Streetbike" racing... I have a multi-purpose 1200 Sportster with a neat paintjob that needs scuffin in ;)

AJay - I want... no, make that, "Need" to go fast.

AJay112 screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 02:05 PM
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote