Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #31
kdscoates OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBandit View Post
The problem is that most 950 owners act like its 2003 and that twin is the only gig in town so they would like to see ridiculous amounts like 6900 for a 24k on a probably ridden like most KTM's 950.
So no one is scared of your mileage pal, it's just that no one will give you 10k for it or think its gold plated. It's often a giant dirt bike that gets put through paces, I wouldn't consider high mileage one for a load of money knowing that ill likely tear into it soon. There are other options on this day and age...
We are not Pal's

I have yet to see this 10k 950?

All I see is fair priced 950's on the market 6900 for 24,000 miles is a great price!

The 950 is the only GIG in town when it comes to a big dual sport bike period.
It does it all well no other bike does that period!

Who is capable of putting it through its paces maybe a few but most common riders cannot even get close to pushing it to the max!

Have a great day!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"

kdscoates screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 04:52 AM
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
I'm beginning to shop for a new bike..just cause I want something new..I currently ride an '08 GSA...

About final drives..let's be honest..completely blown out of proportion...the failure rate is less than 1% +/-...should it happen at all..other than the fluke, no, it shouldn't, however, everyone who has a seal leak, screams "final failure"

Goldwing failure rates are about the same.

What has been said before holds true..we all know the KTM is the superior off road bike..but all around bike? I think the BMW wins..this thread talks about mileage and oddly, several here sound like a Harley rider.."well, mine has almost 20k on it..and is 6 years old.." I just received my 100k award..on an '08..the bike did get a tranny replaced under warranty, at two months old..fluke, manufacturing problem..and a u joint went out..covered under warranty, not a fluke..poor design..but that's it...zero motor issues..change oil every 10k...has been all over Death Valley, the North Rim..Colorado...started the Washington BDR, Thursday...once a year valve checks take an hour..with beer, oil changes..15 minutes..

I don't struggle with small windshield air management...bad water pumps on brand new bikes and steering head bearings??

Are BMW's without problems? Of course not..and myself and only a couple other guys are very critical of them in GS Spot..not a fanboi..

When it's all said and done..and none of us on upper end boutique bikes want to hear it..but Yamaha has the bike to beat, like it or not..no soul, no character..just dead solid Japanese reliability...

All that..but..damn I want a BAJA...
It all depends what you want from the bike, 950/990 can't beat the comfort of a GS that's just a fact.
'some of the people here sound like Harley riders' Most (not on here) are even worse, they think a motorbike is ready for the trashcan @ 20k miles.

We all know the old LC8 needs more attention then a Jap, but you get something in return that the Jap just can't offer.
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #33
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
It all depends what you want from the bike, 950/990 can't beat the comfort of a GS that's just a fact.
'some of the people here sound like Harley riders' Most (not on here) are even worse, they think a motorbike is ready for the trashcan @ 20k miles.

We all know the old LC8 needs more attention then a Jap, but you get something in return that the Jap just can't offer.

Yup...
VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #34
GrenDesb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Speaking LC8, I'm really not scared of the miles that are on the bike when I purchase it, I'm scared of the miles I'll put on top of those already there.

Starting with a fresher bike just gives me more years of fun for not that much more money.

These bikes hold their value so less miles is not that much more expensive.

Don't know for others but that's why I bought low miles.

And about people that come here and post there problems, sure when the bike stuck in the garage or on the side of the road, one of the first thing I'd do is post here while BMW guys call the towing.

But we have to keep in mind that there is much more people that are riding and just don't take the time to post here, riding is much more fun
GrenDesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #35
freebird82
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenDesb View Post
Speaking LC8, I'm really not scared of the miles that are on the bike when I purchase it, I'm scared of the miles I'll put on top of those already there.
My thoughts exactly. I just purchased a 990. There were several with around 40k miles that I passed up, not because I was worried about the high mileage, more cause I knew i would be putting a lot more on (and those people usually wanted too much $$$ for the high mileage bikes). I put 25k on my versys in less than two years....the owner before put less than 6k on in 3.

Fact is, it's pretty easy to find a low mileage bike. Under 20k is pretty easy to find, so I wasnt going to buy one with 40. Lots of people buy bikes and dont ride them.

That said, I know that, and I wouldnt waste your time by coming over and kicking the tires, and telling you i am worried about the might mileage.
freebird82 is offline   Reply With Quote