ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #16
75bronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo View Post
Agreed.

Some....but NOT ALL
Not ALL currently are, consider Royal Blue in east tn for instance. Ride your dirtbike and quad as fast and far and loud as you want, all day long. But not in the Big South Fork just up the road please.
75bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
patmo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75bronco View Post
Not ALL currently are, consider Royal Blue in east tn for instance.
Yes...but what if that area is not easily accessible? How about opening up some sections in the middle and western parts of the state, for people that live in those areas? I don't know of ANY PUBLIC LAND in those areas that is open. All anyone is asking for is access to SOME additional areas. As has been pointed out in prior posts, there are thousands of acres of WMA area that could be opened up, WITHOUT ever touching the Big South Fork area or other heavily visited areas.
patmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
deaconjones
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Done.
2000 KX 250
deaconjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #19
75bronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo View Post
Yes...but what if that area is not easily accessible? How about opening up some sections in the middle and western parts of the state, for people that live in those areas? I don't know of ANY PUBLIC LAND in those areas that is open. All anyone is asking for is access to SOME additional areas. As has been pointed out in prior posts, there are thousands of acres of WMA area that could be opened up, WITHOUT ever touching the Big South Fork area or other heavily visited areas.
That fair enough. I did not know you had nothing in west tn.
75bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #20
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over

Oddometer: 722
The petition is great and all, but it's very important that as constituents we contact our representatives personally as well. Let them hear from your mouth how the change would benefit your family, community, and the state. It's easy to disregard a short item with a bunch of signatures. It's more difficult to ignore several hundred people calling the office.
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,547
I live up in Pennsylvania but was born in Tn and still have family just south of the Jackson area (Bolivar, Somerville). We visit two to three times a year, usually in conjunction with the spring or fall trail ride at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. My riding buddies from down that area constantly telling me about loosing riding area's like Chickasaw State Park. It used to be a great place until the hoodlums on ATV's f'd that up for everyone. We used to spend hours on trails there from the early 70's till what 2000 or so when they banned everything except plated bikes on gravel roads only. Now we haul over 2hours up to LBL or out to West Point to ride while on vacation.

Knowing that Tennessee has land that could be used for recreation is far better than Not having land to begin with. I still own property there so I Gladly signed the petition to help in opening up More Of this available land.

Thank you all for your efforts regarding this manner. It is a noble cause! My kids and future grandkids will thank you for your hard work in organizing this.

75 Bronco, I feel your pain but lets face the facts, There's plenty of land for the hunting crowd to share in the land with the riding community. Just be thankful you don't have laws like we do in Pa that doesn't allow hunting on Sundays!
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)

mrxinpa screwed with this post 07-26-2013 at 10:15 AM
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Thumb Just voted

Coming here from Massachusetts where we work with the agencies in charge building bridges through swamps , trail maintenance etc. it was that or we got nothing. Glad to be here in Tennesee. Is there a group like Netra here . new England trail riders association . Only together can we gain ground. I am older now ( 63) riding offroad for many years. Always willing to lend a hand . I have seen first hand that we can win.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #23
Lindy Hopper
Need more cowbells?

Oddometer: 113
Signed. I hope it's successful.
Lindy Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,547
Bump back up front for a good cause
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)