Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Col Rider View Post
Pretty much this sums it up. I doubt many motorcycles make contact with cars, I doubt many riders are flying down the lanes irresponsibly, and I doubt they impact traffic really at all other than you're getting there first and like Dwoodward implied, that isn't fair!
I disagree, people are not as dumb as we want/need them to be, outside of California they know its illegal same as merging across the gore point or running a red.
I never got hassled doing it legally in California, but sure did doing it illegally in Jersey in my younger days.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
BeMeUp
neverlost

Oddometer: 81
another 2 cents

Here's my take. A$$hole$ are A$$hole$. You take an A$$hole out of a cage and put him/her on a bike.....................You got an A$$hole on a bike. Just be excellent to each other, and lose all the hate!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #33
motorat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
since my job changed 3 years ago i now have about 18 miles of 101 north marin in my commute.
the afternoon drive home is almost always splitting from atherton ave to petaluma.
most of the idiots i encounter are on 2 wheels.
i can see you behind me and i will get out of your way when i have a spot to move into there is no need to sit back there and rev you engine anounce to all humanity that you are an impatient jerk and the world revolves around you and your motorcycle.
my split seed is usually 15 to 20 mph over auto traffic.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Colorado Col Rider
Wee Stromming Now

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMeUp View Post
Here's my take. A$$hole$ are A$$hole$. You take an A$$hole out of a cage and put him/her on a bike.....................You got an A$$hole on a bike. Just be excellent to each other, and lose all the hate!
+1000
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
pretbek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I disagree, people are not as dumb as we want/need them to be, outside of California they know its illegal
Illegal like speeding.
These are people that are willing to injure you (swerve, open doors) "because it is illegal" and after the light turns green will happily cruise along at 70 in a 55.

But that is probably because almost everyone goes faster than the speed limit on highways, while not everyone (as in almost no one) lane splits outside California.
pretbek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #36
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
Illegal like speeding.
These are people that are willing to injure you (swerve, open doors) "because it is illegal" and after the light turns green will happily cruise along at 70 in a 55.

But that is probably because almost everyone goes faster than the speed limit on highways, while not everyone (as in almost no one) lane splits outside California.

I don't know, I see it quite often in Dallas/Fort Worth, not so much at lights but during traffic jams on the freeways. Certainly not a majority of the bikers, but quite a few, and not at all unusual to see them. I bet most big cities are like this during peak periods of congestion or a major traffic tie-up
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #37
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1/509 View Post
The goal being that the people in cars think "damn, I wish I was on a bike" more and "another asshole on a motorcycle" less.
Hell... Unfortunately, I have that thought more than I should have to, and after over 100,000 miles on two wheels...

Bunch of asshats out there, for sure...
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #38
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorat View Post
i can see you behind me and i will get out of your way when i have a spot to move into there is no need to sit back there and rev you engine anounce to all humanity that you are an impatient jerk and the world revolves around you and your motorcycle.
Rev your brake light.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote