ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
windmill
Beastly Adventurer
 
windmill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Kent, Washington State
Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Col Rider View Post
Pretty much this sums it up. I doubt many motorcycles make contact with cars, I doubt many riders are flying down the lanes irresponsibly, and I doubt they impact traffic really at all other than you're getting there first and like Dwoodward implied, that isn't fair!
I disagree, people are not as dumb as we want/need them to be, outside of California they know its illegal same as merging across the gore point or running a red.
I never got hassled doing it legally in California, but sure did doing it illegally in Jersey in my younger days.
__________________
"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
BeMeUp
neverlost
 
BeMeUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: East Bay Area, Got Twisty's?
Oddometer: 81
another 2 cents

Here's my take. A$$hole$ are A$$hole$. You take an A$$hole out of a cage and put him/her on a bike.....................You got an A$$hole on a bike. Just be excellent to each other, and lose all the hate!
__________________
Lost is relatively geographic!
BeMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #33
motorat
Studly Adventurer
 
motorat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: redwood coast, nor cal
Oddometer: 826
since my job changed 3 years ago i now have about 18 miles of 101 north marin in my commute.
the afternoon drive home is almost always splitting from atherton ave to petaluma.
most of the idiots i encounter are on 2 wheels.
i can see you behind me and i will get out of your way when i have a spot to move into there is no need to sit back there and rev you engine anounce to all humanity that you are an impatient jerk and the world revolves around you and your motorcycle.
my split seed is usually 15 to 20 mph over auto traffic.
__________________
to ignore the facts does not change the facts
motorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Colorado Col Rider
Wee Stromming Now
 
Colorado Col Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Rocky Mountains
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMeUp View Post
Here's my take. A$$hole$ are A$$hole$. You take an A$$hole out of a cage and put him/her on a bike.....................You got an A$$hole on a bike. Just be excellent to each other, and lose all the hate!
+1000
__________________
Sitting on top of a mountain
Colorado Col Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
pretbek
Studly Adventurer
 
pretbek's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I disagree, people are not as dumb as we want/need them to be, outside of California they know its illegal
Illegal like speeding.
These are people that are willing to injure you (swerve, open doors) "because it is illegal" and after the light turns green will happily cruise along at 70 in a 55.

But that is probably because almost everyone goes faster than the speed limit on highways, while not everyone (as in almost no one) lane splits outside California.
pretbek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #36
khager
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Granbury, TX
Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
Illegal like speeding.
These are people that are willing to injure you (swerve, open doors) "because it is illegal" and after the light turns green will happily cruise along at 70 in a 55.

But that is probably because almost everyone goes faster than the speed limit on highways, while not everyone (as in almost no one) lane splits outside California.

I don't know, I see it quite often in Dallas/Fort Worth, not so much at lights but during traffic jams on the freeways. Certainly not a majority of the bikers, but quite a few, and not at all unusual to see them. I bet most big cities are like this during peak periods of congestion or a major traffic tie-up
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #37
rocker59
diplomatico di moto
 
rocker59's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: The Trans-Mississippi
Oddometer: 15,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1/509 View Post
The goal being that the people in cars think "damn, I wish I was on a bike" more and "another asshole on a motorcycle" less.
Hell... Unfortunately, I have that thought more than I should have to, and after over 100,000 miles on two wheels...

Bunch of asshats out there, for sure...
__________________
Rocker59 (aka guzzimike), Aux Arcs (NW Arkansas)
Moto Guzzi: LeMans 1000 CI, Sport 1100, V11 LeMans Nero Corsa
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #38
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer
 
Kootenai Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Hong Kong for now. Idaho before and later
Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorat View Post
i can see you behind me and i will get out of your way when i have a spot to move into there is no need to sit back there and rev you engine anounce to all humanity that you are an impatient jerk and the world revolves around you and your motorcycle.
Rev your brake light.
__________________
Like most great inventions, it is fantastic when used for its intended purpose, but in the hands of a villain, or worse, an idiot, it wreaks havoc.... - A-bone

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014