User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #31
Capt CF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Did you ever pick a radiator guard?

I've had Evotech on my last 2 bikes, but they don't make one for the GS. TT has the R&G - http://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-r...00st-all-years and I saw somebody posted an Australian version earlier in the thread. Touratech has this one - http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...GS-F650GS-Twin , but it worries me a bit from an airflow perspective. Same with the altrider - http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...radiator-guard. Another option - http://www.wunderlichsf.com/Merchant..._Code=F700GS-X.

I'd post up pics of my bike, but it looks a lot like yours minus the hard luggage and I went with the BDCW skid plate. Nice build!

Capt CF screwed with this post 07-30-2013 at 06:05 AM
Capt CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #32
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieRat View Post
I was advised that if I wanted to go off road I should go with the highest chassis I could handle.
For stadium jumps, and to clear large rocks and sudden drops at 50+ mph.

(face palm)

When I read advice like that I know I'm on the wrong planet. I'm mislocated on one populated by naked apes with too much testosterone and tiny brains.

Besides, no one has ever ridden off-pavement with moderate suspension travel.

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #33
benwr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Just curious, how do you like the TraX panniers? Did you go 37L on the exhaust side and 45L on the right? Where did you purchase from?

THX
benwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #34
73datsun OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
They are a bit wide. But worked out great on my trip. Dropped the bike, in parking lots, like three times. No damage. Never had water intrusion and I had plenty of rain to test it in.

You are correct on sizes.

I got them from the guy that's selling the Globe Scouts. They weren't going to come in with time for my trip. So trax it was. Advdepot.com

I love the ease of removal. And you can take the rack off for a stripped down look in under a minute.
73datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #35
benwr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Thanks for the info. I am getting my f700gs this week hopefully, same colour as yours. Likely will go with many of the same or similar mods. Nice to see how everything looks.
benwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #36
gsjo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
re your MRA windscreen

Looking to get another windscreen for my f700gs. I'm 5'3". What do you think about your MRA screen after the trip? Can you adjust windflow. Hoping to have a quiet spot and still look over the screen. Also, did you have to buy the F700gs accessory brackets for the install?

Your bike looks beautiful!

My tall husband has a madstat on his v-strom and likes it a lot. Probably one of the two....

Thanks

Deborah
gsjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #37
73datsun OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Best investment I made. And yes, you'll need the adapter. It's a great windscreen.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #38
Turk34
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
GL Fandango bag

How do you rate the GL bag after your trip? My GPS is installed on the handlebar ( 700GS) . Do you think that the bag okay to clear the GPS?
Turk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #39
73datsun OP
Gnarly Adventurer

My GPS is mounted in the center of my handlebar. No problem viewing it with the GL bag installed.

The bag: it's waterproof, that's for sure. However, I would develop a TON of condensation within the bag. I'd often find my gear damp or covered in dew. Simply because the bag doesn't breathe. At all.

It tore the shit out of my paint. I should have put the 3M clear bra stuff on the false tank.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably revert to a wolfman and just put a stupid waterproof bag on it.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #40
Turk34
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73datsun View Post
My GPS is mounted in the center of my handlebar. No problem viewing it with the GL bag installed.

The bag: it's waterproof, that's for sure. However, I would develop a TON of condensation within the bag. I'd often find my gear damp or covered in dew. Simply because the bag doesn't breathe. At all.

It tore the shit out of my paint. I should have put the 3M clear bra stuff on the false tank.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably revert to a wolfman and just put a stupid waterproof bag on it.
Thanks a lot....
Turk34 is offline   Reply With Quote