Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Just posted the link on www.thevog.net - Victory Owners Group.
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
I posted this link on www.yamahasupertenere.com forum.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
caddydaddy
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
If someone hasn't already, if you could post a message on the Triumph RAT forum I'd appreciate it. I tried today but they wouldn't let me create a new thread.
I'm on the Triumph Rat Forum, but the "Group Buy" forum says this:
"This section is to notify members of specific group buys and specials that Site Sponsors, Vendors and Triumphrat.net may have on the go."

Not sure if this could be posted there without someone getting upset.
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
Stalky Tracker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
I tried on the StormTrooper Forum also (V-Strom) and they wouldn't let me post because I was too new of a member there. If someone has an account there, please post a link to this thread. A lot of V-Strom owners found the thread last year and participated.
I posted on Stromtrooper.com and VSRI (Vstrom.info), and provided a link back to here.

Stalky Tracker screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 07:27 PM
Stalky Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #20
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
I'm on the Triumph Rat Forum, but the "Group Buy" forum says this:
"This section is to notify members of specific group buys and specials that Site Sponsors, Vendors and Triumphrat.net may have on the go."

Not sure if this could be posted there without someone getting upset.
Thanks everyone for helping out!

caddydaddy:

You might just try to post the link back in a general discussion thread. You're not running a group buy on the triumphrat.net website, so possibly they won't mind. Worst case scenario, they close the thread. If so, the word would already be out over there.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #21
Matt fe2o3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
I posted the link over at AF1 Form in Caponords (real Caponords, not these poxy new 17" front and rear jobbies) they may or may not nuke it. For AF1 Forum, group buys are forbidden - but they will let us usually link to something of interest.
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #22
JohninVT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
One question regarding communication; providing RDL accepts the group buy, how will those of us on the list be notified that it's time to call RDL with our order?

I don't check my PM's here every day but I receive emails instantly on my smart phone.

Thank you very much for taking on the group buy. This sort of thing is a pia.
JohninVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #23
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
When RDL gives the go/no-go decision I'll post a message in this thread with instructions on how to proceed and what the final discount is going to be. If you're subscribed to the thread you'll be notified via email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninVT View Post
One question regarding communication; providing RDL accepts the group buy, how will those of us on the list be notified that it's time to call RDL with our order?

I don't check my PM's here every day but I receive emails instantly on my smart phone.

Thank you very much for taking on the group buy. This sort of thing is a pia.
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #24
fammdw
Adventurer

Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Speaking from experience, it takes an extraordinary amount of time and effort to administrate a RDL group buy effort. List members should not expect kltk1 to email or PM them with updates about the group buy or individually notify list members when RDL accepts the group buy. Far too many on the list for individual notifications. It is each list member's responsibility to monitor this thread for any and all updates.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 05:46 AM
Old 09-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #25
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Folks, as of 9:45 EST this morning all requests sent have been added to the list. I'm very happy to report we're at 75 and counting. Thanks to everyone for spreading the word.

I was able to put a post up on the multistrada.net forum. I think Ducati and Moto Guzzi are the only major brands not represented on the list yet.

I'm heading out for the day and will follow up on any new requests later this afternoon or this evening. Have a great day everyone.
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #26
grizz117
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
All's good folks. We have a list of 20+ so far.
I have cross posted this on the Motorcycle Tourer's Forum(MTF) as well. http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/
grizz117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #27
Seacoast-Rob
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I got in on the group buy last year through the vulcan bagger forums.
This is the vinyl, half-moon, basket-weave on a Tiger Explorer:

It sure makes long hauls much better. Confirmed this on rides from NH to GA and back (BRP, etc), and another from NH to OH and back. Some may laugh at a saddle like this on an an adv bike, but I use it for touring/motocamping and appreciate the comfort.

Highly recommended!

edit: I see fammdw two posts up - he orchestrated last year's group buy with RDL. Thanks for the time you put in on that Mike!

Seacoast-Rob screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 09:41 AM
Seacoast-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #28
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacoast-Rob View Post
I got in on the group buy last year through the vulcan bagger forums.
This is the vinyl, half-moon, basket-weave on a Tiger Explorer:

It sure makes long hauls much better. Confirmed this on rides from NH to GA and back (BRP, etc), and another from NH to OH and back. Some may laugh at a saddle like this on an an adv bike, but I use it for touring/motocamping and appreciate the comfort.

Highly recommended!

I think it looks great on there Rob. Interesting that you didn't have them recover the pillion or did you and it's just not done in basket weave?

I really like that bike! Who makes the Tiger Explorer? It looks like it would go through anything.

Always wanted an adventure bike, but thought if I got one it would be V-Strom 1000 or a Super Tenere, but I like that bike a lot.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 09:49 AM
Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
Seacoast-Rob
n00b

Oddometer: 7
It's a Triumph. Plenty of information/posts on these forums about this bike.

I did not have the pillion done. Didn't see the need for the extra expense. My wife doesn't ride with me so the only thing the pillion seat ever carries is camping gear. And that stuff doesn't care about comfort, thankfully
Seacoast-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacoast-Rob View Post
It's a Triumph. Plenty of information/posts on these forums about this bike.

I did not have the pillion done. Didn't see the need for the extra expense. My wife doesn't ride with me so the only thing the pillion seat ever carries is camping gear. And that stuff doesn't care about comfort, thankfully
Just in case you ever get another seat done and for informational purposes for people getting seats done through this group buy, a solo build includes the re-covering of your passenger pillion seat to match the front seat on a two seat set-up. There's no additional charge for them to re-cover the pillion to match on the solo build.

There is only an additional charge for the pillion when you do the dual build. In that case the pillion is totally rebuilt custom for the passenger like they do for the driver's seat.

Rob... You might want to reach out to them if you are at all interested and tell them you didn't know this. They might let you send the pillion in to re-cover it in basket weave for just the cost of shipping. You never know...

I think it looks just fine as you have it. I was just curious as to why the pillion wasn't covered to match. See the picture if my FJR on the first page. I didn't pay any extra to have the pillion re-covered in basket weave. I did however have to pay extra to have the backrest re-covered to match.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 11:07 AM