Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #31
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
Like having your butt cupped in the hands of an angel.

Rick, I want a seat like yours. Are the sides leather or vinyl?
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
Micg1313
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Rdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
Folks, as of 9:45 EST this morning all requests sent have been added to the list. I'm very happy to report we're at 75 and counting. Thanks to everyone for spreading the word.

I was able to put a post up on the multistrada.net forum. I think Ducati and Moto Guzzi are the only major brands not represented on the list yet.

I'm heading out for the day and will follow up on any new requests later this afternoon or this evening. Have a great day everyone.
i sent you two Pms , could you confirm . Im new to this Forum

thanks

Mick
Micg1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
Kreskin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micg1313 View Post

thanks

Mick
I would double check that you've sent all the requested info, I know I missed putting my e-mail address in my initial contact. If you've supplied all the requested info be patient and I'm sure you'll get the confirmation PM.
Kreskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #34
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Rick, I want a seat like yours. Are the sides leather or vinyl?
The seats done with velour inserts have vinyl sides. I've always wondered about the velour inserts (if they held up to the elements well). It looks like it would be the most comfortable of all applications.
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #35
juddspaintballs
Never too many bikes

Oddometer: 228
I never got a reply from you. I sent a PM yesterday at 9:42 AM

You can't say happiness without saying penis.
juddspaintballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
PM sent. Thanks for spearheading this

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #37
Micg1313
n00b

Oddometer: 5
RDL says No group buy

I called RDL late this afternoon and spoke to Kim . I asked her about the group buy started here she said they are NOT doing a group buy this year.
Better luck next year
Micg1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #38
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
juddspaintballs. You're on the list now. I apologize for missing your PM.

Regarding the call to RDL. I sent mail to them yesterday letting them know that I was coordinating a list and received the following response. Note that her response states "at this time".

"Hello,
We have no group buy scheduled at this time and do not want to get a list going until we are sure we are having one. I will keep your name as the coordinator and will contact you once we have made a decision.
Thank you, Kim
Hello,
Please let everyone know that a list will not guarantee a group buy and at this time, we are not scheduling one for this year.
Thank you, Kim"
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #39
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I believe you sent me two emails. Please send me a PM to be added to the list. Thanks.

Quote:

thanks

Mick
Old 09-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
Matt fe2o3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
I called RDL late this afternoon and spoke to Kim . I asked her about the group buy started here she said they are NOT doing a group buy this year.
Better luck next year
What part of your post am I not understanding:

1). OP advised he worked off hours and folks needed to be patient in getting a response to a PM and this was not an immediate done deal.

2). You decided not to be patient and not only badgered the OP for a PM, you called the vendor to discuss a GB that you has no hand or effort in setting up?

3). You now post there is no GB without discussion from OP, and you have posted only twice in this entire forum..

That about sums it up. So hokay;

a). Remind me to never do you a favor. You are too high maintenance.

b). The GB attempt has no value to a vendor unless there is substantial interest. You show up with a coordinated effort for 5 or 10 seats and the maker kinda shrugs. You show up with 250+ peeps, then that represents good income that might go elsewhere. That's why it is done, to leverage value for the group while supporting a vendor.

c). Really you can do or call whatever or whoever you like, however nobody is going to drop their world to rub your back and coax you to buy a seat. It was not like the OP was saying to send him money. Instead of being patient you took a nice steaming dump on yourself.

d). Frankly if you called me up out of the blue with your impatience I would tell you to piss of too - just like the lady at RDL did.

Here's a bit of advice: Lighten up, take an anti-anxiety pill or whatever, relax, let the ideas unfold. If you can't handle the concept of a GB don't get involved.

Then again for all I know you are the official spokesman for the OP, but me thinks not.

OP thanks, will wait and see how this develops.
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
fammdw
Adventurer

Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Quote:
Better luck next year
I had several people do the same thing as you last year during my group buy and in the same tradition, you have returned to this forum in an attempt to crush the spirits of those on the list.

First of all, thank you Mr. Helper.

RDL will never, and I repeat never, confirm that they are going to accept a group buy months before they actually do so. Reason being... If they did so, people would quit placing full price orders and wait a couple to three months to order at the discount. These are smart business people we are talking about here and this ain't their first rodeo.

I would ask anyone that comes across this thread to first of all, don't call RDL and ask about this forum's group buy. Leave the negotiation with RDL to the administrator of this group buy effort. If you do not have faith that the group buy will take place, simply go to their website and go ahead and order at full price. While there is no guarantee that RDL will do a group buy this year, Kim's denial of it in September certainly doesn't mean it will not happen in December. She said the exact same thing last year. Time will tell...

Secondly... See the last request. No one is forcing anyone to be part of this effort. Don't go out of way though to ruin it for those that do want to be part of it. If RDL goes forward (as they did last year when they said they were not) there will be quite a few people enjoying a new seat come December. If not, we did our very best to make it happen.

The administrator of this group buy works for a living and does not exist to cater to your emails and requests for acceptance. If you do not hear back from him in a timeframe you feel is reasonable, simply attempt to reach out to him again.

Last but not least, go back and read the instructions in the first post. If you did not follow them, you shouldn't expect a response at all.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 05:19 PM
Old 09-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt fe2o3 View Post

1). OP advised he worked off hours and folks needed to be patient in getting a response to a PM and this was not an immediate done deal.

2). You decided not to be patient and not only badgered the OP for a PM, you called the vendor to discuss a GB that you has no hand or effort in setting up?

3). You now post there is no GB without discussion from OP, and you have posted only twice in this entire forum..

b). The GB attempt has no value to a vendor unless there is substantial interest. You show up with a coordinated effort for 5 or 10 seats and the maker kinda shrugs. You show up with 250+ peeps, then that represents good income that might go elsewhere. That's why it is done, to leverage value for the group while supporting a vendor.

c). Really you can do or call whatever or whoever you like, however nobody is going to drop their world to rub your back and coax you to buy a seat. It was not like the OP was saying to send him money. Instead of being patient you took a nice steaming dump on yourself.

d). Frankly if you called me up out of the blue with your impatience I would tell you to piss of too - just like the lady at RDL did.

Here's a bit of advice: Lighten up, take an anti-anxiety pill or whatever, relax, let the ideas unfold. If you can't handle the concept of a GB don't get involved.

Then again for all I know you are the official spokesman for the OP, but me thinks not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
I had several people do the same thing as you last year during my group buy and in the same tradition, you have returned to this forum in an attempt to crush the spirits of those on the list.

First of all, thank you Mr. Helper.

RDL will never, and I repeat never, confirm that they are going to accept a group buy months before they actually do so. Reason being... If they did so, people would quit placing full price orders and wait a couple to three months to order at the discount. These are smart business people we are talking about here and this ain't their first rodeo.

I would ask anyone that comes across this thread to first of all, don't call RDL and ask about this forum's group buy. Leave the negotiation with RDL to the administrator of this group buy effort. If you do not have faith that the group buy will take place, simply go to their website and go ahead and order at full price. While there is no guarantee that RDL will do a group buy this year, Kim's denial of it in September certainly doesn't mean it will not happen in December. She said the exact same thing last year. Time will tell...

Secondly... See the last request. No one is forcing anyone to be part of this effort. Don't go out of way though to ruin it for those that do want to be part of it. If RDL goes forward (as they did last year when they said they were not) there will be quite a few people enjoying a new seat come December. If not, we did our very best to make it happen.

The administrator of this group buy works for a living and does not exist to cater to your emails and requests for acceptance. If you do not hear back from him in a timeframe you feel is reasonable, simply attempt to reach out to him again.

Last but not least, go back and read the instructions in the first post. If you did not follow them, you shouldn't expect a response at all.

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #43
fammdw
Adventurer

Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt fe2o3 View Post

Well said Sir!

If kltk1 allows Mick, the Helper on the group buy list after this, he's a better man than I am.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #44
Matt fe2o3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
Well said Sir!

If kltk1 allows Mick, the Helper on the group buy list after this, he's a better man than I am.
We were typing out the tunes at the same time Edit: I think the "Mick" is a competitor of RDL more I think about it. Sad way to try to get business. His next post was probably to plug the seat shop he works at.

But not to derail the topic. I need a seat for my Caponord and lucky me has a spare OEM set sitting on the shelf.

I like the small squares or diamonds. I see them in vinyl, have to figure out if they do them in leather as well.

Most of my riding is Bay Area commute with jaunts to DV and Nevada, but generally I am not a 100 degree+ weather rider. Bike is under cover either from my arse or garage most of the time.

So real question is vinyl versus leather for comfort. Would love to hear folks chime in on RDL vinyl vs. leather experience.

Matt fe2o3 screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 05:51 PM
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok folks, as of 8:45 PM EST, we're up to date on PM's. Everyone should have received a response. We're at 97! Excellent!

I received one question regarding building a seat on a Corbin seat pan. Does anyone know if Russell will build on an aftermarket seat pan?

Thanks for the support Matt and Mike. It's really appreciated. Have a good night everyone.