Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #19
XSpearsX OP
Dakar Widow

Oddometer: 488
Mateo Moreno

Rider: Mateo Moreno
Bike: 2013 KTM 450RR (Rally Replica)
Support Team: Freedom Rally Racing

Seasoned Dakar competitor Mateo Moreno , from Colombia, is back for the 2nd year in a row to again, accept the Dakar challenge. In 2013 he successfully completed the Dakar race with the support of Freedom Rally Racing. Mateo and his support team are in the final preparation stages for 2014 race. Biggest change this year is the upgrade to a 2013 KTM 450RR Rally Replica! Just a little more seat time and testing with Team Manager and Mechanic before they crate the Replica and ship to Argentina.

In the nineties Mateo was a Kawasaki rider and his journey in the world of motorcycles has been very varied. Five years ago he began to explore the world of rally raid. He has little experience in the rally field; no more than participation in a rally in China in 2010, yet Mateo has a passionate desire to compete in the Dakar. Lots of preparation: gym, controlled eating, and participating in numerous motorcycle workshops. His motto has been, "get there first and ask questions later." For him, it worked. He successfully completed Dakar 2013 and ready for 2014.

Mateo says - "I am a super fan of the Dakar though I have not lived close in any way. My time in South America is the great opportunity for a passionate and adventure ride. The sand in Peru and Chile is not something we have in Colombia, but have experienced this element riding in Mexico. My approach is to come. I've prepared for that ... but at the cost of many extra hours in every aspect of my life. "

Pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8999566&type=1