Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #16
zigyphoto OP
Pay attention

Oddometer: 903
Mra x-creen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
I can't decide between these three (or maybe the cee baileys)
Just installed the MRA X-creen on my friend's F700GS; she'll be returning from a 2 day long ride, so we'll see...

note: the x-creen is just the spoiler, but can be purchased for many MRA screens. we bought it with the main screen, which already has holes for spoiler.

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/n...%2C0%29&spr=D#

and requires a special mounting piece from BMW to adapt from F650GS to F700GS. your dealer will know what piece it is.

z
zigyphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
I am interested in the take-off:
"OEM windscreen is so stupidly low as to be completely useless"
. When your friend finds a suitable screen, I might buy or trade for her take-off part .
Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #18
zigyphoto OP
Pay attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
I am interested in the take-off:
"OEM windscreen is so stupidly low as to be completely useless"
. When your friend finds a suitable screen, I might buy or trade for her take-off part .
she got the MRA screen, as i mention in the previous post, and will pass your offer on to her........not much reason to keep the OEM unless she intends to move to another bike in the near future and take the new 'screen with her.

z
Old 09-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #19
ve9emt
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I bought the MRA-X-creen-Sport Windshield for my 700gs and love it. went for a ride tonight with just the lower portion without the spoiler and it was an instant difference. No more wind on the chest and the wind noise over the helmet was greatly reduced. Will be interesting to see what the spoiler does once I put it on the windscreen.
I do not know if the one I got is an updated version of the one shown on the MRA website but it does not look at all like the one I got. The other nice bonus is that it bolted on directly with out any additional parts needed from the dealer. The only things added besides the windscreen were the large and small supplied spacers that was it.

So happy with this new screen...... and oh did I mention how easy it was to put on and adjust.

ve9emt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #20
zigyphoto OP
Pay attention

which screen did you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve9emt View Post
i bought the mra-x-creen-sport windshield for my 700gs and love it.
.... It bolted on directly with out any additional parts needed from the dealer. The only things added besides the windscreen were the large and small supplied spacers that was it.
this is really interesting, because it seems the actual name of the spoiler alone is "x-creen sport." i couldn't find a screen other than the one we bought, which -- as i said -- required the bmw pieces.

Can you post a photo of the screen as mounted from front and side? I'd really like to see which screen goes right onto the f700gs.

If you don't know how to post pix, email to me at zigyphoto@gmail.com and i'll posts for you.

No flaming intended here, caps are just because i was using them to separate my response from your quote..

Thanks

z
Old 09-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
hgiblon
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffster View Post
I'm impatiently waiting for the Givi to be available in the U.S. Current campaign promise is October.
I bought my Givi Airflow from the UK. They sent it as a gift so no import charges to Canada.
hgiblon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #22
benwr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Has anyone used the "powerbronze" screen. Its pretty affordable and looks nice, but is it any good?
benwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #23
Wasty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Yep, i use the powerbronze screen and its nearly perfect for me. The only thing I use in addition are the Givi brackets to add some highway and offroad stability. Nice protection up to full speed and lower noise up to 100km/h (60mph). If it would be 2cm higher the screen would be absolutely perfect. Right now I have to crouch down a little at high speeds...
I am 168cm and i use the comfort seat.

if I find out how to upload pics here I'll put some up.

Wasty

Wasty screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 01:45 AM Reason: forgot some info
Wasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #24
benwr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasty View Post
Yep, i use the powerbronze screen and its nearly perfect for me. The only thing I use in addition are the Givi brackets to add some highway and offroad stability. Nice protection up to full speed and lower noise up to 100km/h (60mph). If it would be 2cm higher the screen would be absolutely perfect. Right now I have to crouch down a little at high speeds...
I am 168cm and i use the comfort seat.

if I find out how to upload pics here I'll put some up.

Wasty
Thanks wasty! Pictures would be great
benwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
O Team
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve9emt View Post
I bought the MRA-X-creen-Sport Windshield for my 700gs and love it. went for a ride tonight with just the lower portion without the spoiler and it was an instant difference. No more wind on the chest and the wind noise over the helmet was greatly reduced. Will be interesting to see what the spoiler does once I put it on the windscreen.
I do not know if the one I got is an updated version of the one shown on the MRA website but it does not look at all like the one I got. The other nice bonus is that it bolted on directly with out any additional parts needed from the dealer. The only things added besides the windscreen were the large and small supplied spacers that was it.

So happy with this new screen...... and oh did I mention how easy it was to put on and adjust.

I'm looking for this same set up for my wife's new bike. Where did you buy it? I assume its a lower windscreen and the spoiler sits on top?
Thanks