Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shov3BR View Post
Here's a link to the Surface Pro car charger I purchased.
It's one of the weirdest websites I've ever visited with sidebar comments and links to blogs explaining things and ...
But it was delivered as promised and it works. That's all I care about.
http://mikegyver.com/Surface-Battery-Car/
Cheers,
-Shov
Not really understanding the point of your post... I'm posting about a product that you can charge then take anywhere with you and you will have power to jump start you car,truck or motorcycle as well as charge OR power your Laptop, cell phones , blue tooth devices, Go Pros and most any other electronic PLUS has a built in flashlight and a built in SOS pattern...if your bike battery goes dead out in the boonies what is the Microsoft unit going to do for you? Yes you can buy other power banks that will charge your cell phone, but non of them are going to get your car or bike going again and give you lighting and and SOS pattern while your sitting waiting for help.... and our costs less.

The smallest, lightest and most POWERFUL batteries
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
stubble
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
For what it's worth I posted a review of the smaller one on my blog a few days ago. Only had it a week but it jumped my bike nicely when my battery was toast.

http://www.sebsgarage.com/2013/07/mi...starter-review
stubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
StG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Seems like a very interesting product. Is there an amp-hour rating for this battery?

Also, what about a max storage temperature rating? Not that you'd want to, but wondering if it's safe to leave it in your car during a hot vegas summer..
StG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #19
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
What's the difference between the xp1 and the xp3?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
Captdan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
What's the difference between the xp1 and the xp3?
Read the write up via the link provided by stubble above. He tells about the difference between the xp1 and 3. Basically, the 3 is smaller and fewer bells and whistles such as a 12 volt power port. I've got a xp1 on the way and after some personal testing until to drop a short report here. Sure looks like a great asset to a traveler and camper.... I have high hopes
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

First I want to say thanks to the reviewer who actually did a nice write up and I don't mean it was complementary, but he just layed out the writing, pictures and information very well. I have to make one correction... Our regular Antigravity Batteries are made in the USA, but the Micro-Start was made overseas. We had too because no one in the USA could help us with the circuit board and battery cells we needed to make it function as intended. But it does work and look very nice.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Now to answer some questions..

The main difference between the XP-1 and XP-3

Power Ports------ XP1 has 4 output ports to power electronics and jump-start... 19v laptop port, 12v port and USB 5v port and then Jump Start Port... XP3 only has USB 5v port and Jump Start Port.------

Size-------- XP1 is 6" x 2.8" x 1" thick 14 oz the XP3 is 5" x 2.8" x 1" and 12 ounces. So basically XP1 is one inch longer-------------

Parts that come with it-----------XP1 has a carry case, and 16 tips to fit the laptops, or cell phones or electronics you or anyone might have, 2 small cords for attaching these tips to, mini jumper cables and a car charger and wall charger.................. The XP3 does NOT have a carry case and comes with a 3 into 1 USB cord and the mini/ jumper clamps and car and wall chargers... The three tips on the USB 1 into 3 cord are Apple 30 pin, Mini USB and Micro USB tips... but if you have any USB cord already that powers your device you just plug that into the USB port on the Micro Start and it works fine.

Temp handling and Amp Hours... this battery actually will work better than regular lithiium lifepo4 battery at colder temps... it's a much more powerful form of lithium than found in our regular batteries (but not good as a vehicle battery) It's just massively front loaded with discharge abilities (very high C rating) It has an actual amp hour rating of 4Ah... It will sit in a car fine in Vegas heat... but like anything if you have it on the dash that is NOT good.

Any Questions let me know...

Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #23
stubble
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thanks for the correction and comments. I updated my post to reflect the correction.
stubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #24
bumbee800
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
temp substitute for a battery

Would this work temporarily as a battery substitute. I have had a situation where my battery had suddenly lost a cell and dropped to 10v. I was able to start the bike by a jump start, but because of the very low voltage of the battery, the bike would not stay running unless a high rev was maintained. If I had this device could I disconnect the battery and temporarily connect this device in place of my battery to get back to civilization?
bumbee800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbee800 View Post
Would this work temporarily as a battery substitute. I have had a situation where my battery had suddenly lost a cell and dropped to 10v. I was able to start the bike by a jump start, but because of the very low voltage of the battery, the bike would not stay running unless a high rev was maintained. If I had this device could I disconnect the battery and temporarily connect this device in place of my battery to get back to civilization?
Hi Bum,

I would not recommend that use due to the fact that this is a different lithium chemistry and we don't have enough testing in for this particular situation. I can suggest the use as a jump starter which will get you on the road again.... but then try to keep the revs high by riding in a lower gear until you get home. The bike should have stayed running once going but the problem is many bikes alternator/startor/charging systems only kick in above 3000 rmps... so you were not getting any spark, but you should have your system checked definately. The bike should have stayed running.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
L.o.l!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
that's a great product. I once was stuck with a dead battery in my truck and no one to help me. I slid 2 saw zall blades into the contacts of my Makita 18v cordless drill battery and clipped the jumper cables to them. it was enough to spin the engine to start.

if I had one of these I wouldn't have to carry my cordless drill around with me all the time
That's fringing GREAT!

Not bustin' on you AT ALL, but...you might be a redneck! That's meant as a compliment, we know how to get where we gotta go.

BTW, cooler than polar bear shit!

I was skeptical, but starting the Duc and Yota THAT MANY TIMES, from something that small, AWESOME!!

This would be a great safety item to put in my girls cars, definitely worth the price for all the functionality.

GLWS bro.

I'm gonna keep it on my radar, you should join a couple of the industry sites for truck drivers as a vendor, we love taking our toys on the road with us.

Oh yeah, you should check out Truckcampermagazine.com, it's an e mag for... truck campers. Could be a great market for you. So many industries you have potential inroads to.

slowpoke69 screwed with this post 08-08-2013 at 11:12 PM
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #27
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
I just placed an order for one of these. I cant wait to give it a test...
Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #28
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
I went to your website and the XP-1 is listed at $159.99. Did it go up in price?
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
I went to your website and the XP-1 is listed at $159.99. Did it go up in price?
Sorry for any confusion, it was an introductory offer on the XP-1 model for the price of the XP-3, but you can still use the adventure code for a discount.

One of the original places we started was on advrider, so I always introduce our new products here first for about a month...then go to the retailers. This way it serves the regular peeps first and they can pre order at a big discount. That price was for pre-ordering the units because we were just coming out with it...

Old 09-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I just placed an order for one of these. I cant wait to give it a test...
If you not totally stoked by it we will refund you completely... I think you are going to be blown away. We have had such great feedback and sales that we are super happy. It really is like a jack of all trades tool for electronics, and so easy to carry as just security...

In addition we are going to be offering a harness that attaches full time to the battery... sort of like a battery tender harness, but with 8awg wires and the Micro-Starts EC5 module tip... this will allow anyone to easily just plug in the Micro Start and jump the bike without needing to attache the clamps to the battery, or even carry the clamps... just plug it in and jump it... but the kicker is we will have a reducer-tip that will go from the EC5 to the normal SAE tip so you can still use this harness to hook up your regular charger and charge the battery without removing the seat.

Regards,