ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #2641
Davebert
Too damn serious!
 
Davebert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Panhandle Florida
Oddometer: 662
Happy Birthday Tony



__________________
I switched from regular Rotella Triple Protection to the Synthetic T6.

Shouldn't I be doing something else right now?
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #2642
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,412
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #2643
ElusivePedro OP
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,568
Thumb

Happy Birthday, Madhouse!
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Betty" - '85 BMW R80 Monolever
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #2644
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,001
Laugh

Thanks Guys!
See yawl at the Turkey Trot!
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #2645
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 841
Happy Birthday to ya Tony!
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #2646
TitaniumKaren
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Florida Panhandle
Oddometer: 75
Happy Birthday! Madhouse....PARTY ON!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xpeami317s
TitaniumKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #2647
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,848
60?

I thought you were 35!

Happy Birthday young man.
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #2648
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,412
Nice pics, Tony!

I like those graveyard pics. Lots of history there!
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2649
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,001
Laugh Melvins Lovebug/old church/graveyard and burning truck ride

Good ride today in spite of being covered by splattered love bugs.

Mel has been doing his homework on creating a route from hwy 4 @ Munson to Montgomery.
So far we've tested out all the way to Greenville.
VERY nice ride for a big beast bike.

Made a few pictures that interested me and I'll share them with you all.
One of our stops was at this old church and graveyard. This particular graveyard had many Confederate soldiers from the Alabama 7th, 8th, 9th and 33rd Regiment.
My understanding was that many Confederate soldiers fought with relatives and neighbors but looks like this neighborhood was scattered into different units for reasons unknown.
















We made it to Greenville and ate at a bar-b-que place and while putting on our riding gear again,,we heard some hollering at the I-65 exit ramp and turned to see a truck catch on fire.



Gasoline was dripping from under the engine and nobody had a fire extinguisher. We left before it was fully involved and passed some cops coming to help.
If Jerry or Kevin had been there I'm sure they'd figured a way to put it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,somehow.

Despite the lovebugs, this was a good day of riding and after 32,000 miles, the 650VStrom is approaching to be my most'est favorite bike of all time.

Edit: added more pictures!
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #2650
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..
 
forrestrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Foley . Al
Oddometer: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Good ride today in spite of being covered by splattered love bugs.

Mel has been doing his homework on creating a route from hwy 4 @ Munson to Montgomery.
So far we've tested out all the way to Greenville.
VERY nice ride for a big beast bike.

Made a few pictures that interested me and I'll share them with you all.
One of our stops was at this old church and graveyard. This particular graveyard had many Confederate soldiers from the Alabama 7th, 8th, 9th and 33rd Regiment.
My understanding was that many Confederate soldiers fought with relatives and neighbors but looks like this neighborhood was scattered into different units for reasons unknown.
















We made it to Greenville and ate at a bar-b-que place and while putting on our riding gear again,,we heard some hollering at the I-65 exit ramp and turned to see a truck catch on fire.



Gasoline was dripping from under the engine and nobody had a fire extinguisher. We left before it was fully involved and passed some cops coming to help.
If Jerry or Kevin had been there I'm sure they'd figured a way to put it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,somehow.

Despite the lovebugs, this was a good day of riding and after 32,000 miles, the 650VStrom is approaching to be my most'est favorite bike of all time.

Edit: added more pictures!
Yes I would have Looked at the Fire VERY SCORN-FULLY until, it's Put it self OUT.
__________________
Forrestrider
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #2651
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Yes I would have Looked at the Fire VERY SCORN-FULLY until, it's Put it self OUT.












__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #2652
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,307
Old School Bike and Sidecar

Check out the PAR thread for more photos.

__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #2653
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,493
Hey POG's it's after 5:00 out here
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Buzztail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #2654
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,307
That why there is no answer. You cannot drink and type...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #2655
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,493
bet me
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Buzztail is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014