ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #10051
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester
 
jaydee1445's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: high sided into the orange grove
Oddometer: 4,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Fuk it, run whatcha brung.

Got another motorcycle project to do 1st. The goat fainted in the driveway while unloading from the last ride.

jaydee1445 screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 07:51 AM
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #10052
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Are there any steel pegs that fit the Connie? That aluminum foot peg testing ain't cheap.
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #10053
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Are there any steel pegs that fit the Connie? That aluminum foot peg testing ain't cheap.


Maybe a shorter kickstand or suspension upgrade would be less expensive?
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #10054
shocker4her
When I am King
 
shocker4her's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post






Maybe next weekend at ONF? Haven't ridden out there in over a year and a half.
Doesn't hunting season start about that time....Bow or black powder?
__________________
Ziggy socky, ziggy socky, hoy, hoy, hoy
CRF450X(plated)
YZ 250
One BIG ASS Mistake America
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #10055
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker4her View Post
Doesn't hunting season start about that time....Bow or black powder?

Dunno.

Doesn't really matter much... you can spot the hunters from a mile away... they're the ones shooting from the back of their trucks on the main forest roads.
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #10056
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker4her View Post
Doesn't hunting season start about that time....Bow or black powder?
Bow season started today. Just ride after 9 AM and be done by 3 or 4. Anybody hunting between those hours are the knuckleheads Drz is referring to...
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #10057
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
Got another motorcycle project to do 1st. The goat fainted in the driveway while unloading from the last ride.
That is foooking hilarious !
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #10058
yzmaico
Slacker
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Seminole, Fla
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Dunno.

Doesn't really matter much... you can spot the hunters from a mile away... they're the ones shooting from the back of their trucks on the main forest roads.
Ummmm, got run off a narrow trail by a BIGTIME redneck in an old Willy's, didn't point a gun at me but he intended harm. Didn't stop for the mandatory hunting speech. Nothing really interesting ONF...not like wagon surfing in Richloam
yzmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #10059
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzmaico View Post
Ummmm, got run off a narrow trail by a BIGTIME redneck in an old Willy's, didn't point a gun at me but he intended harm. Didn't stop for the mandatory hunting speech. Nothing really interesting ONF
Meh! I remember on a ride with a few d00ds out in ONF during "hunting out of the back of your truck while chugging down a 12-pack season"... a "hunter" pointed out that we shouldn't go down a trail because we could be shot... one feller with our group replied... well, hopefully that won't happen because we have guns too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by yzmaico
...not like wagon surfing in Richloam
Good times!
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #10060
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Meh! I remember on a ride with a few d00ds out in ONF during "hunting out of the back of your truck while chugging down a 12-pack season"... a "hunter" pointed out that we shouldn't go down a trail because we could be shot... one feller with our group replied... well, hopefully that won't happen because we have guns too!




Good times!
Well, some of us hunters have a little class...not much mind you...but truth be known...it was the thought of sharing the same land with Eloy that motivated me to get my own hunting property. Somebody was gonna get hurt...

Of course, this also was inclusive of of staying clear of Publix and Sweetbay while he played the part of hunter for his brood of liberalamons.
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #10061
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Hi Bruce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by most righteous hunter d00d View Post
Well, some of us hunters have a little class...not much mind you...but truth be known
Well... you said it... not much respect when hunter d00d takes game from the back of his truck. I've only seen a few Nuge types actually hunting out in the middle of the woods. But then again, WTF do I know... maybe I should go for a ride with the Pasco crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting Bambi just because d00d
...it was the thought of sharing the same land with Eloy that motivated me to get my own hunting property. Somebody was gonna get hurt...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat at Doug's 'neck
Of course, this also was inclusive of of staying clear of Publix and Sweetbay while he played the part of hunter for his brood of liberalamons.
Of course, because anyone who shops at any of these establishments is a pussy and should hunt and cultivate his food from the land, no?
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #10062
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
liberalamons.



Izzat a bruceism?
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #10063
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Hi Bruce!



Well... you said it... not much respect when hunter d00d takes game from the back of his truck. I've only seen a few Nuge types actually hunting out in the middle of the woods. But then again, WTF do I know... maybe I should go for a ride with the Pasco crowd.







Of course, because anyone who shops at any of these establishments is a pussy and should hunt and cultivate his food from the land, no?
Hey man, have you seen my car keys? I love you brotha, BTW....
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #10064
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Hey man, have you seen my car keys? I love you brotha, BTW....
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #10065
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!
 
Sub Zero's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Oddometer: 806
im up for next weekend at the ONF. can anyone else join?
__________________
1994 WR250-Z | 1995 KX500 | 1998 KLX300 | 2004 CRF450R (Motard) | 2009 KX450F | 2001 XR650R | 1992 WR200R | 1992 WR500-Z | 1986 GPZ900 | 2005 RMZ450
"Great! What am I supposed to use now?! Harsh language?"
- Duke Nukem
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014