User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,380
AH is back at it again!!!

Glad I am in at the beginning on this one. Last time, you were done, and I had a few days of ignoring my kids and reading.... "Go watch TV, daddy's doing something"

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #32
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,312
Bring it.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,349
Great followup to the previous epic ride. I sense another book in the deal, take great photos so I can add this book to your first.

Btw, I used to live the in PNW and did a lot of riding there. You're going to love it up there.
Contevita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #34
Tallbastid
Let's get tropical

Oddometer: 1,226
In! Can't wait to read about this new trip.

Btw, my girlfriend is pissed at you (me). I Took your 'buy the bike you want' advice from your last ride literally. Broke but my garage is about to get real sexy.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #35
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Still using the same camera or have you changed to something else?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #36
///Monster
Does it have wheels?

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
With that said I climbed aboard, and immediately felt like a moron. I couldn't figure out how to fire the beast up (after confidently stating I didn't need a primer on any of the controls). Being keyless (electrics are activated when the key is 6’ from the bike) I, err, did need some instruction. Instead of a push of a starter, there’s a red trigger-switch like button on the right bar that is pushed downward, which felt remarkably like a weapons system had been activated. Simple, cool.

I was lucky enough to sit my butt on a Diavel this summer too. I too glossed over the part about how to start the Diavel and then when the small group ride was about to begin, guess who held up the pack because he couldn't figure out how to start his bike... The keyless part gets better, after I ride my Z1000 home and I'm searching for my house keys I pull out the Diavel key. Damn it! Despite the key issues I had, I loved the Diavel. I got the exact same feelings you did after riding it. Except the one I rode had termi's on it. Lots of burbling and popping!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico2072 View Post
Still using the same camera or have you changed to something else?
Yep. Only this time I brought a GoPro that was upgraded (today) to a Hero3. The Sony Rx-100 has (and has had) a fuzzball on the sensor since day 1...going to Sony this week to see what they'll do, but I can't wait a week or two for a repair.

Monster: Termis would change the Diavel completely.

Tallbastid: Keep doing what you're doin' and you'll live happily ever after. Seriously.

Contevita: Already love the riding. And the food, and the landscape. But first....gotta close out SF.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Took a few pics in SF and had a glorious time terrorizing tourists on the red devil. Enjoy...

DSC04849c

DSC04851c

DSC04847c

DSC04881c

DSC04863c

DSC05002c

DSC04863c

DSC04893c

DSC04885c
Old 09-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

DSC04895c

You might remember this guy from Austin. CAlexio. We met up for a ride and some grub in the Haight with one of his friends (the pic above is from his rooftop entertainment area).

DSC04901c

DSC04910

DSC04896c

DSC04952c

DSC04962c

Ha ha ha ha. Oh everyone in SF might pretend to be green, but a creek with an emergency shut off is about as environmentally restorative as a 3000 lb hunk of metal and plastic run off of electricity is environmentally conscious. Either no one is bright enough to spot the hypocrisy or no one is bold enough to challenge it. Next time I'm in SF I'm going to take pictures of denizens drinking $6.75 Grande Vanilla Soy Latte Mochas with "Feed the Hungry" bumper stickers climbing into their Hybrid Lexus sedans, NPR blaring.

DSC04988c

With that said, I'm guessing this grass is so green because of good karma:

DSC04998c

DSC05001

All this lake is missing is a rusty shopping cart and a Gap bag clogging up the algae filter:

DSC04996c

AntiHero screwed with this post 09-15-2013 at 10:59 PM
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #40
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post

All this lake is missing is a rusty shopping cart and a Gap bag clogging up the algae filter:

Parks and Rec pulled that stuff out of the water on Saturday morning.

Good to have you back.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #41
DMCaton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Had to catch up about 50 pages on the last thread before I was with you in real-time... Glad to only have 3 on the second go-round! Unfortunately that means my F5 key is going to get lots of work waiting for the next posts
DMCaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #42
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCaton View Post
Had to catch up about 50 pages on the last thread before I was with you in real-time... Glad to only have 3 on the second go-round! Unfortunately that means my F5 key is going to get lots of work waiting for the next posts
Subscribe to the thread and get e-mail notifications instead. :)
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #43
flyinturbo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Welcome back, Amigo!
flyinturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #44
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Great pictures, once again!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #45
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Can't say video is always that exciting. And this isn't. But if you're curious what riding from the Sunset district of SF to 19th through the park and onto the GG Bridge looks like, here goes:

I had intended to leave much earlier in the day, (I'm heading North and the setting sun is on my left) but my Gilles rearsets had seized up on me (at Sonoma Raceway during a trackday, no less). Some penetrating oil, a drill, tap, 4mm socket head screw and a lot of JB weld later things were mostly back to normal. I left wondering if I'd be able to do a few thousand miles without them locking again (or falling apart). Gilles customer service responded quickly, as did the distributor I bought them off of (Shift-Tech), but they said there's no way I'd get the updated parts (they had problems with the bearing design and supply new parts for those with issues), in a week. Now, two weeks later Shift-Tech has told me it's going to be another two weeks. If it locks up again I'm going to start a new "Fixie Motorbike" club in Portland I think. All I need is a pair of thick rimmed spectacles, some testicle-clamping jeans, an ironic mustache, tweed cap and "Gilles" T-shirt. Single speeds are where it's at, brothers!