Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #1741
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Yeah, I was 2 up that day as well. My passenger was completely soaked and muddy, but she was still smiling at the end of the day when we pulled into Murillo. There is one hotel in Murillo, the town that time forgot. Pulled in on the last day of Semana Santa to find literally everyone in town rip roaring piss drunk.
Cool, looking to stay there so that is handy to know, to be fair the weather has treated us pretty well, most times when it belts down with rain we have been under cover or manage to get to cover but no prolonged storms blowing bridges out yet touch wood

Rear tyre is slick now, new one in Bogota, can do what it likes then
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #1742
DerekO
n00b

Oddometer: 2
DerekO

Hi
You just went up the hill in Salento. Post if you want to have a beer tonight.
Derek
DerekO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #1743
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,604
Hi guys, still a regular groupie of this thread living vicariously through your adventures. I read on another thread that you were a QS back in NZ Andi..something else we have in common.

Keep safe TMK's
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #1744
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
Hi
You just went up the hill in Salento. Post if you want to have a beer tonight.
Derek
Heya DerekO, where are you?

We are in Salento, cnr Carrera 5 & Calle 3 at Luz A Salento, Fundacion, white and green building, will be here till Monday morning.

Our ph is 321 637 8744

Cheers Andi
Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #1745
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Hi guys, still a regular groupie of this thread living vicariously through your adventures. I read on another thread that you were a QS back in NZ Andi..something else we have in common.

Keep safe TMK's
.... little bit behind on reports as not much wifi, will get some more stuff up tomorrow or Sunday hopefully .... enjoying Salento too much

So you are a QS as well..... sorry to hear that .... you almost seem normal but now I know that

Yeap in my false life I have been working for myself for 13 years and been QSing total of 25 years, in my real life I just have a new job now and not gettin paid for it but I get to see and do cool stuff

Cheers and buenas tardes (good afternoon)
Old 09-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #1746
DerekO
n00b

Oddometer: 2
DerekO

TMK
I left Salento on the next day. I have been following your page since Alaska. Sorry we didn't meet up. I will be in Cali around the the 27th. Mike will know where I am if you are in the area. I will be storing my bike with him, if I still have one. The timing chain plug in the head of my bike fell out and pumped most or all of the oil overboard. Two Colombian kids on a small moto chased me and told me. The oil slow enough that it didn't burn my leg and the temperature was still good. I never noticed. I couple of guys in the town of Doradal fabricated a plug for me and did all the work for 45,000 COP. The bike is a KTM 640 so it's a lot of work just to get at the problem. They then sent for a machinist to make the part and they kept the store open and finished the job in spite of having to close late on a Saturday night. The company is MotoRally on the main drag, right hand side if you are coming from Honda. It is across the street from the only old style western movie brothel I have ever seen where girls hang out of windows and cat call the guys. Sorry, no idea on prices, no pictures.
I hope we can meet up later.
Stay well
DerekO
DerekO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #1747
milesofsmiles
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Looks like I have been knock off the perch with all the bling you have just brought sport. Come on Andi, fair suck of the sav cobber, Micheal Jacksons got nothing on you Disco Andi................. Bet you brought the jandals too, come on, spill. Money must be running out, get a freakin' job and stop making me jealous.
milesofsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #1748
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
TMK
I left Salento on the next day. I have been following your page since Alaska. Sorry we didn't meet up. I will be in Cali around the the 27th. Mike will know where I am if you are in the area. I will be storing my bike with him, if I still have one. The timing chain plug in the head of my bike fell out and pumped most or all of the oil overboard. Two Colombian kids on a small moto chased me and told me. The oil slow enough that it didn't burn my leg and the temperature was still good. I never noticed. I couple of guys in the town of Doradal fabricated a plug for me and did all the work for 45,000 COP. The bike is a KTM 640 so it's a lot of work just to get at the problem. They then sent for a machinist to make the part and they kept the store open and finished the job in spite of having to close late on a Saturday night. The company is MotoRally on the main drag, right hand side if you are coming from Honda. It is across the street from the only old style western movie brothel I have ever seen where girls hang out of windows and cat call the guys. Sorry, no idea on prices, no pictures.
I hope we can meet up later.
Stay well
DerekO
Heya DerekO, yeah sorry we didn't have wifi there at one stage so missed, never mind that is the way it is.

Sorry to hear about your bike, that is less than ideal for sure so best for getting that sorted, may catch up down the track.

Cheers Andi
Old 09-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #1749
BcDano
One Lucky Dude

Oddometer: 303
Maya will breath easy.

From Canada with a touch of ADV brotherly love. I'm sure Maya is very excited to hear she will be once again breathing freshly filtered air. Kenny at Alternate Cycle Kamloops, BC wishes you all the best.

DSC06902 by Worldwide Ride.ca, on Flickr
BcDano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #1750
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesofsmiles View Post
Looks like I have been knock off the perch with all the bling you have just brought sport. Come on Andi, fair suck of the sav cobber, Micheal Jacksons got nothing on you Disco Andi................. Bet you brought the jandals too, come on, spill. Money must be running out, get a freakin' job and stop making me jealous.
Mate I am flash as now ... slowly catching up to Captain bling of Christchurch

No jandals bro, no room on the moto for those, money is slowly running out for sure but we will make it, we do have a job ... we just don't get paid for it.

Now keeping the wheels of industry turning while we enjoy ourselves, don't want to come back and have to tidy up after you
Old 09-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #1751
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcDano View Post
From Canada with a touch of ADV brotherly love. I'm sure Maya is very excited to hear she will be once again breathing freshly filtered air. Kenny at Alternate Cycle Kamloops, BC wishes you all the best.
Heya Dano and Kenny, on ya guys, looking forward to gettin that.

They should have put it in a bigga box

We leave Salento tomorrow morning and head over the hill, will be in Bogota 24th, let ya know where we are at later on.

Cheers dudes
Old 09-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #1752
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Salamina to Riosucio

Being in the middle of nowhere and not having a big day setup we cruzed more backroads and gorges making an easy day of if, we dropped 1800 metres and the temperature difference was huge so we were back to sweating again ...ouwer.

On the way down to the main road a dog jumped out of the bushes on the left and ran across the road and straight into us, in a split second I didn’t even have enough time to the “t” out in shit and we hit it, the dog buffed our front wheel clean on the left hand side before heading under the bashplate and the rear wheel .

With a full tank on board and us, bike, house and contents I estimate the dog took a hit of 400kg weight coupled with about 40 - 50 km /hr impact, we were so bloody lucky not to get hiffed off Maya.

Turning around to go check it out it was apparent he wasn’t coming back from that, a couple of twitches of the lip and stone dead, by this time a small boy had appeared from the house but he didn’t know we ran it over, given the unfortunate rules here we hit the gas and left making as much ground as we could, only two minutes later a moto cop was coming up the road ... that was close.

Once back on the main road we were inundated by trucks and buses again and so appreciating why we get off the big black ribbon as they are laced with trucks and buses so you spend half your day overtaking.

Again our maps perfected another Houdini escape maneuver as far as roads go, having our trip set around getting off the main drag the plan was to ride into Supia from the back road .....nup all the maps lied again with Mrs.Garmin telling us to turn off through a rock wall ... we decided against that.

So Roisucio was a stopover night however there is a cool hill to climb and get a great vista of the valley so what is a man to do but make the most of it.

They have their crickets there that are very brightly coloured, here is a couple of them having a chat on a log.

The steep path up to the rocky climb to the lookout point

Riosucio from the top

Ellen had organised a couchsurf in Armenia so that was the destination for the day, another cruzy day other than lots of traffic, also being Sunday it seemed the Sunday drivers were out in mass.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #1753
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Riosucio To Armenia To Salento

Travelling through a few small towns netted some giggles, we pull up beside the local motofeds who where very interested in the Colombian crumpet on a scoota, we momentarily broke their stare with the rumbling orange alien, both of the feds giving us the big thumbs up before returning to their ogle.

Somehow we managed to take a short cut and find ourselves on top of a mountain top looking down on the clouds and wondering what happened, a quick map check and GPS check and we changed route to compensate for the wrong road, but we got to see another town and some cool backroads .

Armenia is a big city with about 300000 people so we didn’t get to meet all of them.

Town centro was only 2 km away from our couchsurf so we walked in for tea sampling the local empanadas which were fantastic.

Treating Armenia as a tourist stop after mucking around in the back yard we rode up to Buenavista to a cafe ... which was closed , next stop Cordoba, luckily it was open for lunch ,while there we took a small road up to the lookout but we failed on that too missing our turn and going well beyond and way higher up a skinny little road.

Leaving Armenia our destination was Salento, only 40 minutes up the road, at the servo a dude pulled up in a truck wanting to catch up with us for a local ride, we gave him our details but the ride didn’t eventuate.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #1754
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Sorry For All These At Once

... but wifi has been skinnier that a size double -00 supermodel so yeap we have wifi now, still not fat but adequate.

Complaints dept is just off the bottom of the page...
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #1755
shrek lone rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
... but wifi has been skinnier that a size double -00 supermodel so yeap we have wifi now, still not fat but adequate.

Complaints dept is just off the bottom of the page...
been awhile Mm the pic's on here are a dam site better than on the other site, caught up with little bro the last week & to pick up my new/2nd hand 3 phase welder, will be able to melt shit now we back on Skype now to we sent a vid msg not sure if it worked, any way hugs to Ellen from us catch up soon