ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #976
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Nope, just push it out of the way with a real rib. One made of beef!
It's all what you like....just never had a beef rib that beat a good pork rib
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #977
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
It's all what you like....just never had a beef rib that beat a good pork rib
The best beef rib I've had was at County Line in Albeqourque, NM. That was years ago.

The beef ribs at its affiliate, State Line, in El Paso weren't that great last I was there.

Since I already went out of state the best steak I've ever paid money to have cooked for me came from the Moose Lodge in Lake City, CO. The steak was good enough that we told the waitress to thank the cook for us. She did and he came out and chatted with us. It turns out he was a crusty old cowboy
(from Texas?) and a real nice dude to boot!

Sent from my HTC using magic.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #978
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
it's all what you like....just never had a beef rib that beat a good pork rib
+1
__________________
'09 WR250R, '14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin"

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #979
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
The best beef rib I've had was at County Line in Albeqourque, NM. That was years ago.

The beef ribs at its affiliate, State Line, in El Paso weren't that great last I was there.

Since I already went out of state the best steak I've ever paid money to have cooked for me came from the Moose Lodge in Lake City, CO. The steak was good enough that we told the waitress to thank the cook for us. She did and he came out and chatted with us. It turns out he was a crusty old cowboy
(from Texas?) and a real nice dude to boot!

Sent from my HTC using magic.
Where is the Moose Lodge? I had real good BBQ in Lake City..turns out the people that owned it were from Fredricksburg
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #980
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Where is the Moose Lodge? I had real good BBQ in Lake City..turns out the people that owned it were from Fredricksburg
Coming in from TX Moose Lodge is on the left in the middle of town. If it's still there. That was a long time ago.

Coming from the same direction are you talking about the little BBQ place on the right? With the deck outside? I had a great BBQ sandwhich with brisket and sausage there a couple of years ago. I was really shocked but if they're from TX that explains a lot.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #981
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
Coming in from TX Moose Lodge is on the left in the middle of town. If it's still there. That was a long time ago.

Coming from the same direction are you talking about the little BBQ place on the right? With the deck outside? I had a great BBQ sandwhich with brisket and sausage there a couple of years ago. I was really shocked but if they're from TX that explains a lot.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
No the BBQ place is right before the bridge in town on the left. Has a gas station/store/cabins/rv spots/pavilion
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #982
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 1,869
Oh cool. That's really good to know.

Looks like there's two BBQ places in town. I guess that's why they call it Little Texas.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #983
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
Oh cool. That's really good to know.

Looks like there's two BBQ places in town. I guess that's why they call it Little Texas.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
My place has the big trout out front by the gas pumps...I just looked on Google and your place is about 3 blocks further down by the square. It was busy but we never ate there. We had a cabin just down from the station. I honestly just thought it was gas station with a store and then walked in and saw and smell BBQ I found it was very good...I might have rated it back last year
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #984
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 1,869
Oh, I know where you're talking about now. I had no clue there was Q there.

I'll have to try it next year.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #985
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
Oh, I know where you're talking about now. I had no clue there was Q there.

I'll have to try it next year.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
Like I said, first glance...looks like old gas station/ store...had hand painted sign out front that said BBQ. Got about a dozen tables to eat there and a few outside.
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #986
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food
 
exoff-roadgoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: W.Meechigan
Oddometer: 3,986
All this BBQ talk makes me want to leave for Texas a few weeks early but I guess I can hang on until mid Oct. I'm flying into SA and am thinking about renting a bike for a week. The place in New Braunfels still rent? Anyone in SA rent anything? No Harleys for me unless its a XR.......IMO the best BBQ in Mich is at a place called Lockharts. Go figure.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #987
Boulder Ed
Bin Ridin
 
Boulder Ed's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: A toyhauler marooned on mars, TX
Oddometer: 765
bike rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
All this BBQ talk makes me want to leave for Texas a few weeks early but I guess I can hang on until mid Oct. I'm flying into SA and am thinking about renting a bike for a week. The place in New Braunfels still rent? Anyone in SA rent anything? No Harleys for me unless its a XR.......IMO the best BBQ in Mich is at a place called Lockharts. Go figure.
Boulder Ed from Lonestar BMW here...I see two rental companies have their flyers on our board: Austin Moto 512-740-9466, and Hill country Motorcycle Rentals 512-636-8024
__________________
Bin Ridin

"Terrorizing small animals on the road since 1971"
Boulder Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #988
TXjames
High Sider
 
TXjames's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Ed View Post
Boulder Ed from Lonestar BMW here...I see two rental companies have their flyers on our board: Austin Moto 512-740-9466, and Hill country Motorcycle Rentals 512-636-8024
Looks like Hill Country has the better of the DS options: Hill Country Motorcycle Rentals

But the other does have a Tiger 1050: Austin Moto Rentals
__________________
Roll The Bones V - No premature incinerations (Bill). Oct 24-26, 2014.
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
TXjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #989
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles
 
MotoTex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Tool Shed
Oddometer: 1,438
Thumb Brisket Boy's BBQ - Elgin, Texas

A few weeks back I posted in the TWT forum about some good BBQ in Elgin that wasn't from Meyers or Southside.

Give Brisket Boy's BBQ a whirl in Elgin next time the urge strikes you.

The guy is an Elgin local who became disheartened over the downward trend he felt the two classic places had taken as the next generation took the reins. So, he started making his own at home. Then, he took some to work and got orders for a dozen briskets. One thing led to another and now he's set up business on 290 a few doors East of Auto Zone.

Brisket, Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, and a couple of sausage flavors. Homemade sauce that is yummy. For dessert, there is a unique treat, Smoked Peach Cobbler. I think it is a tasty twist on a classic. Generous portions are served and fair prices for all. Meals are served from a BBQ trailer, but he has an air-conditioned space to dine in a couple of steps away.
__________________

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #990
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
A few weeks back I posted in the TWT forum about some good BBQ in Elgin that wasn't from Meyers or Southside.

Give Brisket Boy's BBQ a whirl in Elgin next time the urge strikes you.

The guy is an Elgin local who became disheartened over the downward trend he felt the two classic places had taken as the next generation took the reins. So, he started making his own at home. Then, he took some to work and got orders for a dozen briskets. One thing led to another and now he's set up business on 290 a few doors East of Auto Zone.

Brisket, Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, and a couple of sausage flavors. Homemade sauce that is yummy. For dessert, there is a unique treat, Smoked Peach Cobbler. I think it is a tasty twist on a classic. Generous portions are served and fair prices for all. Meals are served from a BBQ trailer, but he has an air-conditioned space to dine in a couple of steps away.
I will have to try this, Thanks
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014