Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer: 951
Cool2 Mapless in Madagascar

Madagascar - a place I've dreamt about visiting ever since camping on a Mozambique beach under a full moon and gazing out across the Indian Ocean. Although it's out of sight, knowing that there was this immense and slightly mysterious island out there.
However it's not on the way to anywhere and is expensive to get to, other ride projects have got in the way over the years but then I started to seriously think about it. Or about as serious as I get, I even did some research...
I did a search on ADV to get further info and came up with this great RR

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ght=madagascar

this ride was where a bloke from ADV and his wife headed to Madagascar for their honeymoon and the pictures look amazing. They could only afford two weeks, so I had a think about it and reckoned if I didn't bother with the wedding bit (because those are expensive) then WOW I could go for longer and hey, if I didn't take my man with me I could buy a motorbike out there AND stay for even longer

Sounds great to me, not everyone would agree but the ex-boyfriend isn't on ADV so he won't read this!!

The plan is to head over there, buy a bike and travel around exploring for three months- sounds good doesn't it

My Dad mis-read the name of this trip (every journey needs a title) and chuckled "Hapless, that about sums up all your trips" thanks for the vote of confidence Dad!
In fact it's Mapless, although I am taking a map, the reality is that many of the places that I'm hoping to visit are not actually on any maps, they're too small and too remote - just the type of places I like.
I've even got a sticker for the trip - very un-British of me

For those still unsure, Madagascar is the island to the right of the front wheel on the bike.

www.tiffanystravels.co.uk
Tiffany's youtube video
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote