Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #31
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleGra View Post
.......Hey there Bob..if I was to turn up at ya VMX event with something big red hot and throbbing between my legs...like this..

...would it get a start.....preferably in the geriatric class...
Not a problem Unc, 4 stroke class,as long as its pre 84 all good.
You would have to take the Barkbusters off(not allowed in VMX)plug the bar ends,remove or tape all the lights off, remove the sidestand, numbers each side and on the front, pad on the cross bar,and away you go
I was third last on the XT at Canberra last month,and my back is still recovering but its all about having fun with your mates
Have you got any mates? Oh, thats right ,Dobbo!
sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #32
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Oddometer: 2,811
Well I can take stuff off...thats easy...puttin it back...err not so.....
when's the next race...I'm keen...never done it before...so last is still up for grabs eh ?...what do I have to lose...dunno If there's any VMX around here....I'll just chuck it in the trailer and go..I'll sort some numbers tomorrow...whats the go with scrutineering...other than what you mentioned..?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

I would suggest you get in touch with this mob Unc
http://www.viper-mx.com/
Old 08-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,120
i'm not a vinduro rider but have ridden some of the sexy beasts in this thread a few decades back.

just wondering is there any guide to valuing vinduros here in oz? a mate bought a mint condition IT175 from a collector overseas years ago and asked me what it would be worth here. any valuation guides or similar around?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
Tony T
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
i'm not a vinduro rider but have ridden some of the sexy beasts in this thread a few decades back.

just wondering is there any guide to valuing vinduros here in oz? a mate bought a mint condition IT175 from a collector overseas years ago and asked me what it would be worth here. any valuation guides or similar around?
No official guides for any of this type of bike I'm afraid. It all depends on what it's worth to the buyer.
Prices are waaaay down at the moment and I wouldn't be selling anything unless you had to at the moment. e.g. a very nice '75 Husky 360CR GP struggled to get $2500.00 a little while ago and I recently bought a good one owner 250 for 600 bucks.
Being an IT and not being able to register it as it's an import won't help either. That said, if it's really mint, you wouldn't want to ride it anyway.
FWIW you could ask on ozvmx.com but I'm sure you'll get a similar answer.
Sorry to be Mr. doom and gloom. Just the way it is right now.
But on the upside, it's a great time to buy!
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #36
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
No official guides for any of this type of bike I'm afraid. It all depends on what it's worth to the buyer.
Prices are waaaay down at the moment and I wouldn't be selling anything unless you had to at the moment.....
thanks tony, i reckon it's a crap time to sell too. i've advised him to not bother forking out cash to advertise on bikesales and just go the freebie options. if he wants to get his money back it will have to be finding a collector who wants one as near to new as possible for a collection. it's probably not the right bike for someone just after an IT to ride.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #37
Simosez
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
i reckon the pre 80 market has eased right off because of the age of the demographic. most blokes in their 60's can't be stuffed getting on the old dunga's from the 70's anymore.
pre 90 stuff is where it's at right now. the average buyer is in their 40's to 50's and is cashed up and still fit enough to ride.
the big money is in anything 500cc and 2 stroke. wish i had a shed full of CR500's

Simosez screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 09:40 PM Reason: little farkup
Simosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
Tony T
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
You never know, though. There might be someone out there that is after exactly one of these and it sounds like you won't find many in better shape.
Even put it up on here. Lots of people look on here and someone might want it or know someone who does.
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

no worries, tony. he's just posted it in the fleabay here and put it up on gumtree as well. it's definitely and import and can't be registered without some paperwork done. although i heard pre-1986 bikes are fairly easy to get compliance on here?
Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #40
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

For anyone who hasnt heard, Classic Dirt 10 to be held at Walerawang in 2 weeks time has been cancelled!
May be rescheduled next year
Old 09-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #41
Caldy
Live your Dreams

Oddometer: 101
Classic Dirt 10 cancelled??

Any reason given why it was cancelled??

I'm in the process of giving a PE175T a good overhaul and would liked to have made it down, but wasn't going to be able to make it. So I was setting sights on next year...

Cheers
Caldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #42
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

Lack of entries meant the promoter was going to take a hit, which he wasnt prepared to do, so made a financial decision to bail out. Fair enough, it is a business.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #43
Oldfatbeerman
Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer: 3,581
I went out to do a bit of a ride today

Did some of this above .

Then on the way home I spotted some old dunga's racing around Lakes MX track so I stopped to have a look . Didn't spot Sidetrack about the place .

The racing continues tomorrow too , so I will probably wander over to have another perve on some old dunga's again tomorrow .
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

I'm supposed to be there Al the other Nowra guys are,but I got a few issues at the mo so had to pass. Hopefully next year I'll get a few meets in, PE is rebuilt,good to go, its my old bones that are the issue!

Thats my mate Al Spencer, ex Australian 250 enduro champ,won of course on a PE250T Hes hoping to ride it a bit too, he rode it at Broadford Bike Bonanza this year,just got to beef up the suspension a bit for him and me both!!!
When you coming down south again Al, lets organise a Bendethra ride
Old 11-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #45
Oldfatbeerman
Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer: 3,581
I hope to get down that way soonish Dave , too much happenin' and not enough time to do it all at the moment .

I am riding down South West to Woodstock in a fortnight , swagging it out the back of the Hotel with about 50 other Adventure riders , GPS Navigation ride with OBT forum members . . 30 / 11 . drop in if your in the area .