Reisemotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
Keep it coming, great RR.

Thank you, Ingo is the fotographer......

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 09-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #35
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Tucson, USA

Right, our last stop in Mexico is Chihuahua. We are not supposed to visit the city but my (Claudia) bike makes a strange noise during riding. Itīs a sort of a clack-clack-clack, really noisy and frighteningly persistent. It turns out that the front sprocket of my motorbike is really run down and the chain is not any better. Itīs all pretty much worn off. So, we get help from a guy in Mexico-City who sends us the parts via FedEx to Chihuahua and there we go, just arriving there, they are already waiting for us. Done a quick job, thank you Lance.

Arturo in Chihuahua is THE man with a broad mechanical knowledge about Beamers. He is a retired surgeon and itīs amazing how he works, just pretending being in his OR (operating room). The todayīs patient is my white X-Country. Ingo is promoted to the surgeon assistant and myself, yes, can you believe it, I am the nurse, the helping hand for everybody. I studied far more years of medicine than Ingo did. But there we go, itīs a manīs world.....

Time for a change....

Arturo, working hard on my bike

A copper mine on the way to Tucson

The Pima Air Museum in Tucson. Ingo went with a bloke from Australia, who we met the day before on a 1200 GS.

The boneyard of the Pima Air Museum

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 09-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #36
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,539
Nice!
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
Saralou
Worldwide Rider

Oddometer: 602
Hello

Great report! Your photos are really good! I'm so glad you have had luck with the weather. You are making us so excited to get back on the road next week in Colombia. Ride safe.

Sara

ADV RR Finding Freedom...World Wide Ride

Join the Adventure
Saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #38
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralou View Post
Great report! Your photos are really good! I'm so glad you have had luck with the weather. You are making us so excited to get back on the road next week in Colombia. Ride safe.

Sara

Sara, itīs close for you now!!! You must be very excided.... Have a safe trip and hopefully as little rain as we had. You will love South America.

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Moab, Utah, USA

After Mexico, where the food was like being in paradise with all the Tacos and Burritos, I was quite shocked about the fast food opportunities here in this country. To be honest, I am afraid of the size of an omelette at Dennyīs or a sandwich at Subway.

But the Nationalparks are fantastic and the following pictures show the famous Monument Valley and the National Parks north of it.

Monument Valley, home to unique sandstone formations

Monument Valley

Have you noticed my new helmet?

On the way to Moab, Utah

Balanced Rock, one of the most popular features of Arches National Park

Delicate Arch - it is the most widely recognized landmark in Arches National Park and is depicted on Utah license plates.

Canyonland National Park - a vast area with deep canyons, steep cliffs and breathtaking views

It was frightening standing up there waiting for the picture to be done....

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 09-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #40
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Dayville, Oregon

Salt Lake City is the capital and the most populous city of the US state Utah. The city is located in the northeast corner of the Salt Lake Valley, surrounded by the Great Salt Lake and the steep Wasatch mountain range.

In 1847, when Mormon pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake Valley, church president Bringham Young selected a plot of the desert ground and proclaimed: "Here we will build a temple to our God". When the city was surveyed, the block enclosing that location was designated for the temple and became known as Temple Square.

John Day Fossil Beds National Park is located within the John Day River basin in east-central Oregon. The park is known for its well-preserved layers of fossil plants and mammals that lived in the region about 44 million years ago. The Monument consists of different geographically units of semi-desert shrublands.

The mountains to the west are what make this region an arid desert today, but the layers of rock that formed the fossil beds were actually deposited from ancient volcanic eruptions to the east long ago.

The fossil beds are protected within the John Day National Monument, which is divided into three separate parks.

Averaging about 2.200 feet (670 m) in elevation, the monument has a dry climate with temperatures that vary from summer highs of about 32 degrees Celsius to winter lows below freezing.

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 09-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #41
ravinerat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Wow. Stunning photos and tales. I love reading these trip reports and live through the writings. I can' wait to read more of your adventure.
I bought my first Duel sport this weekend. One day to be as adventurous as you to.

RR
ravinerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #42
PDX Alamo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Great pics!

If you swing through Portland ya have a place to stay and garage to work on your bikes. Just send me a message
PDX Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #43
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinerat View Post
Wow. Stunning photos and tales. I love reading these trip reports and live through the writings. I can' wait to read more of your adventure.
I bought my first Duel sport this weekend. One day to be as adventurous as you to.

RR

Thank you for your feedback! For us itīs also great to share our experience....

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 10-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #44
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Alamo View Post
If you swing through Portland ya have a place to stay and garage to work on your bikes. Just send me a message

Hi there, yes we will let you know if we come down to Portland. Thanks for the invitation! Still in Vicoria, BC at the moment.

www.reisemotten.com:
Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #45
Reisemotten OP
On the road

Vancouver Island, Canada

After 35.000 km we finally got into Vancouver, Canada. Here I am leaving my bike for a few months. The crating company found me a little corner where I may sneak it in until spring next year.

Ingo is doing some preparation work to the BMW like disconnecting battery, removing wind shield and mirrors.

Beautiful and historic Victoria, BC is a fantastic place to see. Itīs know as the Garden City. Warm Pacific Ocean currents give Victoria one of the mildest climates in Canada. Falls are traditionally wet and wildly exciting - especially when watching the storms roll in with maestic fury from the open Pacific.

On the way to Smithers, halfway between Prince George and Prince Rupert.

Colour is not generally a reliable characteristic to use in identifying a bear to species. Grizzly bears and black bears show considerable variation in coat colour and marking.

The toe of Bear Glacier is visible from British Columbia Highway 37A. It is the nothernmost outlet glacier of the Cambria Icefield of northwest British Columbia.

Hyder has archieved fame as a point in Alaska accessible to automobile and motorbike travelers who want to say that they have been to Alaska. Hyder is also the easternmost town in Alaska.

Rainbow Lake

Rainbow Lake

www.reisemotten.com: