Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
kristof-lars OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Talking and things change...for the better!

well for the last 4 months i had been planning a trip to australia to see my woman start a new life and see another part of the world, i had been finishing up my reno and getting a little overwhelmed with how much i still had to do...

in a period of 4 days our relationship has taken a back seat to more pressing issues and long distance relationships are pretty much impossible to make work without both parties working on it..so long story short im now free of that responsibility which is alright we all have thing we have to do in life and sometime they have to be done on ones own.

the next day my house has a buyer as is, meaning i have to put no more money into it no more time and i can walk away all debt payed off and cash in the bank! oh and the guy offers me a job to finish it for him so now i have steady cash work for 2 months making a good wage with no debt at all no payments :)

the next day my sister lives in france in a town called ventron close to germany and switzerland. she heard about all this and says well you should come here all we ask is you pitch in for groceries free living! a home base for europe for aslong as i want!

next day i get hooked up with casua work there seems there friend bought a house to reno and will need alot of help so thats awesome cash in pocket there also my brother in laws cousin owns a construction company and i have work there too,

my brother in law also is an avid motorcyclist he has a buel and a ktm 660 smc and all his buddies are supermoto freaks and mechanics i may even have a job working in a motor cycle barn where a guy gets used bikes fixes them up and sells them or keeps them supposed to be a gear head legend in the parts, how freaking cool huh? also can buy a bike over there and tour around with my bother in law and his buddies, world juniors in sweden land of my ancestors and some pretty wicked concerts going on over there!

so this is the start of my big adventure ill be posting random things from the journey bikes, rides, family, pics of europe anything that happens :)

ill try to keep updating this on the regular from recieveing my passport getting my bike licence (no i dont have one yet) flights etc

so if you have any must sees or helpful info feel free to post ill have a pretty good setup when i get there with local riders bike shops and destinations but after i get comfortable i look to branch out and discover all of europe!
kristof-lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
kristof-lars OP
Adventurer

small update on the progression of this

i now have my motorcycle license of course being here in manitoba it has learners restrictions but thats not really an issue no night time riding for me pretty much, i took the 21 manitoba safety course and i was very impressed had a very small class 5 students in total and 3 instructors so had a very hands on experience, lots of riding time we were on the bike for 16 hours this for me was huge specially for me since i have had limited experience. They hammered you with low speed manuevers tonnes of clutch control visualization of where you wanted to go and i tell you bye the end of day 2 i was ready and confident to take the little honda cbr 125 pass 2nd gear lol

the course offered a 200$ rebate if you passed the additional test so it was cheaper than the one day if you passed the additional test, i cannot recommend enough to do the 21 hour course if your unfamiliar with bikes or just want a little extra instruction, it ran rain or shine we ended up riding in the rain day 2 which was high speed stopping maneuvering etc which was awesome it really hit home on what weather conditions do to your riding and the steps needed to adjust to them.

so step one done licence also have got my passport! woohoo and the biggest thing of all I SOLD MY HOUSE!!! yes i now have absolute freedom to move to europe for a year!!!

i plan to be leaving early november i have free room and board a job lined up and a couple motorcycles at my disposal when i get to france my brother in laws 660 ktm supermoto for sure and my brother in law has a buell that hes trying to sell (probably not going to be riding that one) only down side is that bye the time i get there it will be winter and no riding but that will give me time to work find a bike and get ready for a spring adventure :) which may include a trip to Le Mans for the motogp.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
castroses
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Go for it dude!
castroses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
kristof-lars OP
Adventurer

my house or was my house it was a long road renovated it fully went through a breakup with the girlfriend lotsa memories here cant say all them are the best lol glad to see it go and be off my mind and give me a fresh start!

my motorcycle safety course bike of course i picked the crotch rocket be it a 125cc honda cbr, awesome course btw
Old 09-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
kristof-lars OP
Adventurer

Ventron looks like a fun place to ride doesnt it! see you soon!

my god daughter and her first "moto" im surprised its not a ktm knowing her father! (he rides the 660 ktm supermoto)
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
doc4216
Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer: 377
Sounds like an awesome adventure ahead of you! Stay safe and take lots of pics!!