ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
Our DR650 Side Luggage Racks carry luggage weight low and more forward for better handling. http://www.moto-racks.com/DR650-buy-page.html
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #17
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
I've got two sets of Side Luggage Racks and one Rear Luggage Rack left in stock. I'll be making more over the next couple of weeks. Get 'em today!
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
I have a couple of sets of DR650 Side Luggage Racks in stock if anyone needs some.

Go here: http://www.moto-racks.com/DR650-buy-page.html

Thanks, Tom
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
I was thinking that some riders might like a narrower rack.

This is a prototype on that idea. This one is 12.5" wide (not including bungee rails) and 14" front to back. A 40 liter dry bag duffel fits easily front to back instead of cross wise. It has a bungee rail on each side that angles downward at 45 degrees. It also has a threaded mounting plate to attach a RotopaX Pack Mount. Like my other rack, there are holes in the rear flat bar bracket for mounting the OEM turn signals.

Any suggestions?

Should I offer this smaller size for the DR?





__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
simestd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
simestd's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
I agree 100% that adding a support in the center is something that needs to be done. All of my DR top racks will now have that feature. My R&D bike was taken home by the owner yesterday, so I'll have to see if he'll bring it back for me to use again.
Hi Tom,

Did the center support make it into your current DR rack designs? I don't see it in the pictures on your site or your recent small rack prototype which is why I'm asking.

I really like all other aspects of your original design, but want to avoid a repeat of this:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=81469

Thanks,
__________________
Tom

'82 XV750, '82 GL500, '02 DR650, '07 XT225
simestd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by simestd View Post
Hi Tom,

Did the center support make it into your current DR rack designs? I don't see it in the pictures on your site or your recent small rack prototype which is why I'm asking.

I really like all other aspects of your original design, but want to avoid a repeat of this:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=81469

Thanks,
Hi simestd,

That is certainly the weakest mount point. I welded and strengthened that one on a customers DR a couple of years ago at his request. While I haven't heard about any failures from any of my customers, I still want to add the extra mount as soon as possible.

I am patiently waiting for another DR650 to come by this way so I can add the 5th mounting point on top of the fender. Everyone's riding their bikes! The season will be drawing to a close and I may have to wait till that happens before I can get one in here for R&D. I do have a customer that might ride up here to pick up his racks on Oct. 12th as long as it's not raining. I'm praying for NO RAIN. If he brings it, I'll be able to do a mock up.

Keep an eye on this thread and I'll post up something when I'm able to add that mount point.

Thanks, Tom
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott

jackpiner57 screwed with this post 09-11-2013 at 05:26 PM
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
rjsurfer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Oddometer: 207
Tom,

Do you still have a set of side luggage racks with the Nelson Rigs bags for a 400 SM?

One question, how do you compare the Nelson Rigs with the Givi hard cases? As far as capacity and possibly low sliding on them?:-)

Thanks

Ron's W.
__________________
DRZ 400SM
DL-650 Gone but not forgotten
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsurfer View Post
Tom,

Do you still have a set of side luggage racks with the Nelson Rigs bags for a 400 SM?

One question, how do you compare the Nelson Rigs with the Givi hard cases? As far as capacity and possibly low sliding on them?:-)

Thanks

Ron's W.
Hi Ron, I have three sets of side racks in stock for the DR-Z400S or SM, and three sets of black Nelson-Rigg Adventure Dry Saddlbags - Survivor Edition, and three of the Nelson Rigg Adventure Dry Duffels 40 liter black

The NR bags hold a LOT more than the Givi E21's. I can fit all of my camping gear into one bag. I haven't tried sliding with them on pavement yet, but I don't think they or any other PVC Bags would hold up well to that. NR is supposed to have peel and stick patches that you can cut to size and apply. They are instantly waterproof and then cure completely in about 12 hrs. I'll give them a call and get some to have in stock.

Go here and put the side racks into the cart:
http://www.moto-racks.com/Blank.html

Then go here to add the bags:
http://www.moto-racks.com/Adventure-Packages.html

My E21N Givi cases have slid on pavement and gravel a few times and are all scraped up, but no perforations yet. They are very useful, but not big enough for me to carry everything I bring for camping trips. That's just me though and I probably take way too much stuff with me.

Thanks, Tom
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #24
rjsurfer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
Hi Ron, I have three sets of side racks in stock for the DR-Z400S or SM, and three sets of black Nelson-Rigg Adventure Dry Saddlbags - Survivor Edition, and three of the Nelson Rigg Adventure Dry Duffels 40 liter black

The NR bags hold a LOT more than the Givi E21's. I can fit all of my camping gear into one bag. I haven't tried sliding with them on pavement yet, but I don't think they or any other PVC Bags would hold up well to that. NR is supposed to have peel and stick patches that you can cut to size and apply. They are instantly waterproof and then cure completely in about 12 hrs. I'll give them a call and get some to have in stock.

Go here and put the side racks into the cart:
http://www.moto-racks.com/Blank.html

Then go here to add the bags:
http://www.moto-racks.com/Adventure-Packages.html



My E21N Givi cases have slid on pavement and gravel a few times and are all scraped up, but no perforations yet. They are very useful, but not big enough for me to carry everything I bring for camping trips. That's just me though and I probably take way too much stuff with me.

Thanks, Tom
Tom'

Order on the way for rack and bags...

Thanks

Ron
__________________
DRZ 400SM
DL-650 Gone but not forgotten
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #25
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsurfer View Post
Tom'

Order on the way for rack and bags...

Thanks

Ron
Thank you Ron! I sent you an email. -Tom
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #26
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
Taking orders for these racks. Please allow 2 weeks to ship. Thanks, Tom
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
NEW! Hard Case Attachment Kit


See it here: http://www.moto-racks.com/Hard-case-attachment-kit.html#top

__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott

jackpiner57 screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 10:05 AM
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
I've finally added the Small Rear Luggage Rack to the product line. This rack is in response to customers who thought the Large Luggage Rack was just too big.

Here's a link to my web page: http://www.moto-racks.com/DR650-buy-page.html

Thanks, Tom





__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #29
tencrore
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, CA
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
Hi simestd,

That is certainly the weakest mount point. I welded and strengthened that one on a customers DR a couple of years ago at his request. While I haven't heard about any failures from any of my customers, I still want to add the extra mount as soon as possible.

I am patiently waiting for another DR650 to come by this way so I can add the 5th mounting point on top of the fender. Everyone's riding their bikes! The season will be drawing to a close and I may have to wait till that happens before I can get one in here for R&D. I do have a customer that might ride up here to pick up his racks on Oct. 12th as long as it's not raining. I'm praying for NO RAIN. If he brings it, I'll be able to do a mock up.

Keep an eye on this thread and I'll post up something when I'm able to add that mount point.

Thanks, Tom

Just checking in to see if the center support has been added?

Looking forward to getting a rack on my new DR but would like the added support of the center bolt.

Thanks
__________________
2008 HD FLHR. Her name is Radha
2013 DR650. Her name is Meera
tencrore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #30
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrore View Post
Just checking in to see if the center support has been added?

Looking forward to getting a rack on my new DR but would like the added support of the center bolt.

Thanks
Tencore, thanks for inquiring about our DR650 Rear Luggage Racks. I'm sorry to say I still haven't had a chance to get a DR650 in here. I'm rebuilding a trailer and when I'm done I know someone with a DR that I can pick up and do some R&D. I'll post something on my website and on here as soon as it's done.

Thanks, Tom
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014