Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #6571
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Kolob Road

Doc:

ANy local intel on Kolob Road?
I am riding from Vegas to Zion on Saturday with a couple of friends from Holland on rented GS's (1200 & 850). Headed back to LV on Sunday.
Was planning on Kolob Road and maybe a bit more easy off road on the trip.

Be safe, enjoy.
Glad to hear Francine is getting her mojo back.
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #6572
Turbodog1000
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 13
Valley of the RR Gods

It looks like today's route is thru the Valley of the Gods, I hope they aren't choking on some big slow RV's dust.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #6573
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
Everything dirt is shut down between Page & Escalante. Ferry closed for the season. Roads are a MESS. Big fun. Heading to Monument Valley today, mostly paved :( to meet up with the Dingweeds :)

F riding fine. Slowly but surely getting her mojo back.
Oh--your going to have a ball at Dingweeds Utah ranch------I just left there---wish I could have stayed and seen you all but need to attend to some rides back home----one I've helped lay out.

Me and Dingweeds just did finished the Utah and Colorado Back Country Discovery routes and visited the ranch twice---once on the Utah route and then went back after the ride to just hang out and rest----what a great place to do that. No phone---no internet---no TV----no power lines visible anywhere----you are way off the grid with all kinds of critters pokin' about.
I didn't want to leave and asked how many days was my limit I could stay

Anyway--------thanks Scott and Julie---they tried to kill me with food and kindness---now the Mobius riders will get to visit. So glad you are getting you mojo back Francine.

While there------me and Dingweeds found this old pickup truck that hadn't been started in years----had a dead battery of course.
We put another battery in it---found a couple of old cowboy hats and went for a ride.

I was pokin' around in the glove box and found this old cassette tape of old Western songs. It was a moment me and Dingweeds will never forget---------it just happened.

KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #6574
bash3r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
haha!

That's classic BigDog/Dingweeds right there!!! I had a blast on our trip, thx to Dingweeds for all your help and hospitality.. and BigDog for the great trip out west!! Let's do it again boys!!

My ADV Website | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #6575
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,429
Sounded like Big Dog was singing some kind of movie songs or something?
I think I heard one of them on the Discovery Channel. What the heck is a Yuma Rebel?
Nice looking place Scott!
Hi to Dr. Rock and LDF.
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #6576
McDOPE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
M12 in Gear

Super to hear y'all are having such a fine time and that LDF is saddled up and riddin' high.
Best Wishes for a safe trip. Please give my best to Scott and Julie.
PS..lovin' my steering stabilizer...
Old 09-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #6577
Hoot Gibson
Banned

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
Oh--your going to have a ball at Dingweeds Utah ranch------I just left there---wish I could have stayed and seen you all but need to attend to some rides back home----one I've helped lay out.

Me and Dingweeds just did finished the Utah and Colorado Back Country Discovery routes and visited the ranch twice---once on the Utah route and then went back after the ride to just hang out and rest----what a great place to do that. No phone---no internet---no TV----no power lines visible anywhere----you are way off the grid with all kinds of critters pokin' about.
I didn't want to leave and asked how many days was my limit I could stay

Anyway--------thanks Scott and Julie---they tried to kill me with food and kindness---now the Mobius riders will get to visit. So glad you are getting you mojo back Francine.

While there------me and Dingweeds found this old pickup truck that hadn't been started in years----had a dead battery of course.
We put another battery in it---found a couple of old cowboy hats and went for a ride.

I was pokin' around in the glove box and found this old cassette tape of old Western songs. It was a moment me and Dingweeds will never forget---------it just happened.

Great Video Big Dog, but the only guy I know that has a worse singing voice than you and Dingweeds....would be ME!
Hoot Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #6578
Rhodester
still tickin'

Oddometer: 10
The first day after I leave you two alone and this is how you act unsupervised! About this singing...........don't quit your day jobs! Anyway, what a great 12 days of riding (weather not withstanding). Beautiful country, great company, no injuries or major mechanical issues and lots of laughs. I'd do it again tomorrow. All my best to Doc and LDF (she's my heroine).
Rhodester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #6579
dustyrider
dirt is just better

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Everything dirt is shut down between Page & Escalante. Ferry closed for the season. Roads are a MESS. Big fun. Heading to Monument Valley today, mostly paved :( to meet up with the Dingweeds :)

F riding fine. Slowly but surely getting her mojo back.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #6580
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 4,001
Big Dog...
See? Here's what happens when we let you out and stop paying attention...

Good to see you friend.

Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #6581
sflash868
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
LDF. Glad you got back on the bike. If you remember, I bumped into you at the gym on Mercer and recognized you from the Mobius thread (can't miss the hair).. We chatted about your injury and your recovery and I remember you telling me you were worried about making this next trip. Glad it all worked out.
sflash868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #6582
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Great to see you guys!

You made it out of here just in time. There was snow on The Blues and The La Sals, and lots of water coming down yesterday after you left. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Ride safe my friends!
Scott (and Julie)
DingWeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #6583
Eastbay Dirtbag
singletrack seeker

Oddometer: 200
Better late than never?

Quote:
The route we'd mapped followed the TID route out of town, up until this point where the TID route went left (doesn't look promising):

This is Garden Creek Road near Challis Idaho and IS open to ATVs and M/Cs. It splits at least 4 ways: 1) T1 (069) via Buster Lake and singletrack (according to their website), 2) Lombard ATV trail (4369) to Challis, 3) "direct" (052) to Bayhorse ghost town (note signpost in photo) and 4) "indirect" to Bayhorse. We did not take the T1 route because singletrack on a DRZ is not in my playbook. None of these routes are "easy".

We rode northbound and took the 4th "indirect" route, i.e. ATV trails from Bayhorse (worth a visit!) to your photo spot. The ATV trails were steep and rocky with switchbacks and a steep pitch to a 9400 ft summit. Not big bike friendly! The views were fantastic. BTW, I put 15,000 miles on this DRZ dualsporting all over the Western US and this trail (378/245) on the south side of the summit was the ONLY time I ever needed the throttle wide open on a climb!

For those wanting a challenge, but not singletrack, our route from Bayhorse (S to N) was FR390, 378, 245, (262?), 052 and Garden Crk.

I hope this post isn't overkill, but we met other T1 riders who turned back here because of the sign. You will see another road closed sign at the start of the rough two-track (052).

Eastbay Dirtbag screwed with this post 10-04-2013 at 09:57 AM Reason: Added clarification and map
Eastbay Dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #6584
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,325
WOW!

I lost my link to this "partay" several months ago right after Francine crashed on # ... 9? Don't know why I lost it and life has been too busy to get back on track with my internet stalking... er... following of Dr. Rock & LDF. Somebody give me the "quick and dirty" version!

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride

taco250 screwed with this post 11-10-2013 at 03:50 PM
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #6585
La Donna Fugata
You're not the boss of me

Oddometer: 153
Wrap up

Basically after 2 and a half months of rehab I returned to work in early July.

I did little riding locally here in NYC other then taking the bike around the block to restore my confidence on two wheels. I had a bigger goal in mind which was our planned return trip to Las Vegas Sept 13th. I wanted to get back on the horse without letting too much time passing by

Im happy to say we had a great ride with photos and details to follow as we (David) gets through the processing.

Stay tuned......

LDF
La Donna Fugata is offline   Reply With Quote