Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 447 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #12316
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post
I hope there is something just a little bit bad about the Japanese line...that way noobs won't play it.
There is a lot: bad hull armor, lower pen.

These are things that noobs like: bouncing shots while sitting in the open in a dumb spot and point-and-clicking red things instead of aiming.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #12317
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
Japanese tree wikipedia links:

An overview more detailed than mine.

Light Tanks:
Tier 1: Renault NC 27 Otsu-Gata
Tier 2: Type 97 Te-Ke (It's a tankette)
Tier 3: Type 95 Ha-Go
Tier 4: Type 98A Ke-Ni (And then the line becomes Medium)

Medium Tanks:
Tier 2: Type 97 Chi-Ni
Tier 3: Type 97 Chi-Ha
Tier 4: Type 1 Chi-He / Type 2 Ho-I (This a hint of when the hull-module addition to the tech trees will drop?)
Tier 5: Type 5 Ke-Ho (Essentially the tier 5 Light tank)
Tier 5: Type 3 Chi-Nu
Tier 6: Type 4 Chi-To
Tier 7: Type 5 Chi-Ri (Looks like it'll have a much bigger gun than the historical prototype because its initial gun will be on the tier 5 Premium. This is the highest tiered IJA tank until the O-I comes out.)
Tier 8: Type 61 (This is where the Self-Defense Force tanks begin)
Tier 9: STA-1 (A prototype of the Type 61? Weird...)
Tier 10: STB-1 (A prototype of the Type 74 MBT) FTR article

Premium Tanks:
Tier 5 Medium: Chi-Nu-Kai (Since it's a combination of three other tanks, I'll just link to my earlier write-up.)
Two more links to some great information:

Tier 5: Type 3 Chi-Nui by Soukoudragon
Tier 6: Type 4 Chi-To by Soukoudragon

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #12318
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,082
Quote:
There is a lot: bad hull armor, lower pen.

These are things that noobs like: bouncing shots while sitting in the open in a dumb spot and point-and-clicking red things instead of aiming.

Yea, but it sounds like they are going to be derpy.

Noobs like derpy.
Audaciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #12319
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
I'm getting pretty excited for the line. We'll see what the 8.9 premium tier 5 looks like first though.
Type 3 Chi-Nu (upcoming tier 5 medium tank)

Posted on by Silentstalker30 Comments ↓
Author: Soukoudragon

Type 3 Chi Nu Medium Tank 3式中戦車 チヌ
Desperate response to Shermans

Historical background

In 1942, Japan initiated a new medium tank program of 3 projects, each being a different class of medium tank: a 47mm medium tank, a 57mm medium tank, and a 75mm medium tank. These tanks were supposed to be a new breed of anti-tank capable medium tanks. In short time, the 47mm class was seen obsolete and was upgrading to a 57mm tank project. Where as the remaining two projects merged into a single 75mm tank project. This 57mm tank project and 75mm tank project were the Chi-To and Chi-Ri tanks respectively. In 1943, development was being hindered to resource issues, thus the Japanese feared it would take too much time until either the Chi-To or the Chi-Ri could be ready. Thus a quick solution was devised, a stop gap tank which would become the Chi-Nu.
Design
In 1944, The Chi Nu development started and was completed in the same year. The hull of the Chi-He was taking, the turret ring enlarged, and an early Chi-Ri turret design was taking and mounted on the hull. It retained the same engine from the Chi-He, 240 horsepower diesel engine. Top speed was 38.8kph. The Type 90 75mm field gun was modified and became the Type 3 75mm tank gun and mounted onto the tank. And thus production began in Japan in anticipation of an inevitable land invasion of Japan itself. Well over 100 units have been made out of meager resources. None have seen any action.
Armor
Turret front: 50
Turret side: 35
Turret rear: 25
Hull front: 50
Side hull: 25
Rear hull: 20

The Japanese had more plans with this tank. One adoption was the Chi Nu Kai which was formed by mounting a Chi-To turret onto the Chi-Nu hull giving it 75mm front turret armor and the powerful Type 5 75mm cannon. However only one was tested but results were successful. A planned production version would replace the Type 3 75mm cannon with the Type 5 75mm cannon in the turret that it already had.
Below, the top tank is the Chi Nu Kai. The bottom tank was the planned production version of the Chi-Nu. Both had the Type 5 75mm cannon.

Sources:
“Japanese Tanks” Hara 1978
Maru December 2012

edit: you said PREMIUM Tier 5... sorry.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #12320
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
you said PREMIUM Tier 5... sorry.
Yeah, premium tier 5 should come in .8.9, with the full tree later.

WG tested out the premiums in gift shop idea with the 112 and T-34-3. The 112 currently has a 54% winrate on the EU servers, so rumors are it'll get pulled but not nerfed -- it'll be the next Type 59. I am hoping the Japanese tier 5 is for sale where I can use gold to get it. It'll be depressing if they continue to devalue this in-game currency.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #12321
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,335
Related to Norm's post; here are all tank stats for the last month on the NA server:

http://www.noobmeter.com/tankStats/na
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #12322
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
The other could be since the nerf that the quality of arty players are high as well. You get less people playing arty because it got more challenging since the nerf. So you have a higher caliber of folks lobbing bombs, and the newer players driving tanks unaware.

I see it, especially in the Leffer, people just head across open areas and I'll lob shells at em and they just keep going.

In the M53, you can tell who's been playing a while. the newer ones don't play like there's arty targeting them. They sit still and give my aim circle plenty of time to shrink
Personally I just don't see it. I have said it for a very long time and can say it again now that I have a few battles in the first brit unit....it is so fricken easy. I use no add-on's, no mods...nothing, Two games and I have lead time down with a 50% crew. It just is not hard.

I started with that first brit unit, and unless I am wacked out of my mind on pain killers, I can't play it.....just zero challenge. And I can still kill tanks by watching for trees to fall in areas where there is no spotting....and that is kill them with that tier 2 tank with one shot....so wrong.

I also have not notices less people playing them....after the last update no one played arty....now it is in just about every game....they changed something, or people figured out it is still simple.

I will say what I have said for a very long time, take the gods eye view away from arty, make them less accurate....this is called world of tanks...seems the best games that I have are arty free...if I am lucky I get one once a night....make arty a support unit.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #12323
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,941
Quote:
After getting home from three days in the woods, I could go for a big bag of Dick's right now. So good.

I'll take a deluxe, some fries, and a chocolate shake.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #12324
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Personally I just don't see it. I have said it for a very long time and can say it again now that I have a few battles in the first brit unit....it is so fricken easy. I use no add-on's, no mods...nothing, Two games and I have lead time down with a 50% crew. It just is not hard.

I started with that first brit unit, and unless I am wacked out of my mind on pain killers, I can't play it.....just zero challenge. And I can still kill tanks by watching for trees to fall in areas where there is no spotting....and that is kill them with that tier 2 tank with one shot....so wrong.

I also have not notices less people playing them....after the last update no one played arty....now it is in just about every game....they changed something, or people figured out it is still simple.

I will say what I have said for a very long time, take the gods eye view away from arty, make them less accurate....this is called world of tanks...seems the best games that I have are arty free...if I am lucky I get one once a night....make arty a support unit.

How would arty fire without the gods eye view?

When you say the first Brit arty, do you mean tier 1?

I'll tell you, the challenge comes for the Brits at higher tiers. Yes, they have reasonable accuracy, but until tier 8 or so they do medium tank damage. Then they start to do serious damage but at the cost of accuracy, and absurd reloads.

The challenge of artillery is not the actual firing. It is the set up. Do you know where on the map the hot spots are likely to be? Do you know where you need to be to be the most effective? Are you watching the map so that you can support the weaker side? Can you prioritize targets? These are the things that most pubby arty aren't doing.

I know people hate on arty, and I sort of get it. Arty makes me the biggest hyprocrite in the world sometimes. When I get hit by arty in my normal tanks my first thought is "FUCK OFF", but then I chide myself for knowing it is out there, and not protecting myself. You aren't going to roll out in front of a TD and then get upset when it pens you right?

I maintain, and will continue to do so, that arty adds to the battle. If NOTHING else, it is a motivator. I can't count how many times I've seen people change their play styles when arty is present. I'm sure we all know of at least one map where we would position differently if arty wasn't in the map.

I know it is "World of Tanks" but I think arty adds another dimension. Maybe instead of nerfing it to hell they need a MM restriction that limits each game to 1 or 2 arty per team or something like that. A lot of the same arguments against arty could be applied to TDs. They sit behind the line, often camo'd all to hell, and just point and click...

Audaciter screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 12:59 PM
Audaciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #12325
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post

I think I've seen a max of two arty per side now, with one arty per side the most common - except in the lowest tier arty games.

Not sure what tier you're playing that you see otherwise.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #12326
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I think I've seen a max of two arty per side now, with one arty per side the most common - except in the lowest tier arty games.

Not sure what tier you're playing that you see otherwise.
Couple nights ago I was playing my T95 in a 10 match(which,BTW had 9 t 10s a side) with 4 arty per side.

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #12327
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Couple nights ago I was playing my T95 in a 10 match(which,BTW had 9 t 10s a side) with 4 arty per side.
did you go hide?
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #12328
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
How would arty fire without the gods eye view?
Ever play Navy Field? It is something of a relic...

Quote:
A lot of the same arguments against arty could be applied to TDs. They sit behind the line, often camo'd all to hell, and just point and click...
This is how most players drive the the Tiger II.

When I really get into the anti-artillery ranting, I turn the argument completely upside down. Why is it only artillery gets orbital-death-cannon mode?

If I could trade sniper-view for god-view on my Chaffee M4A2E4, the destruction I could rain...
Old 09-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #12329
we3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Man, it has been more than a few years since I last opened NavyField.
That was an addiction I had a hell of a time breaking.

Some of you may be familiar with RedSky in World of Tanks, I was RS in navy field and spent a little time playing with RS in WoT - but too much is asked of a RS clan member (at the time I was playing with them - when they were in the world finals of WoT a year or so ago)

I helped out as an aggressor in training rooms - basically someone to shoot at when they needed target drones.

I need to play for fun and did not want the stress of training.... in retrospect, winning $50,000 real dollars, (or some such outrageous amount) may have taken the edge off.... LOL

....I miss America
we3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #12330
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
did you go hide?
Naaahhh....you know me...."Ran" right into the fight.lol

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: