User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
Forrest6775 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Bianco blu rental question

So after leaving with an r1200 gs I noticed that night that it had been previously dropped on both sides. Scratches on the engine, panniers, and the ball at the end of the front brake lever was broken off, scratches on the hand guards. I should have looked it over and noted it before I left. Think this bike actually came from rent a dream it and not Bianco Blu's fleet. So my question is for anyone who has rented here. Do you think I'm gonna get scammed on this when I return it? How has your experience been upon returning rentals here? Thanks for any help. I can't even enjoy my trip I'm so worried about losing my deposit.
Forrest6775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,082
Take pics NOW and upload them to an online account - Smugmug, Flikr, whatever - this establishes date & time for an audit trail.

Yeah, you SHOULDA done this before you left - BTDT

That being said - I did drop one of his 1200GSs in 2006 and he was VERY helpful in keeping the repair costs down - it cost me about $500, IIRC.

But any good pics NOW that show the damage to be old (no bright metal showing, etc.) can help. Aluminum oxidizes quickly, so a dull scratched area will be old - if it's not shiny, it's not new. Email copies to Renato NOW and/or links to the online gallery.
Pictures, pictures and more pictures
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Forrest6775 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Drop off was seamless. Renato is a very pleasant man to deal with. I'll be using Bianco Blu again.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
exbee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest6775 View Post
Drop off was seamless. Renato is a very pleasant man to deal with. I'll be using Bianco Blu again.

That's encouraging news. My buddy and I are renting a couple of his cheaper models (KLE500/XTZ660) for a week in mid-October. Almost everything I've read about Bianco Blu is positive. I hope our experience is the same. So far Renato has been easy to correspond with through e-mail/Skype.

Now lets hope the mountain weather cooperates...if not we'll ride south instead...
exbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Forrest6775 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbee View Post
That's encouraging news. My buddy and I are renting a couple of his cheaper models (KLE500/XTZ660) for a week in mid-October. Almost everything I've read about Bianco Blu is positive. I hope our experience is the same. So far Renato has been easy to correspond with through e-mail/Skype.

Now lets hope the mountain weather cooperates...if not we'll ride south instead...
If you have to stay in milan at all the double tree hotel is pretty nice and within walking distance. I accidentally kept the bike a day too long and be didn't charge me since it wasn't booked and I was within 24 hours. That was pretty nice.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Eliana
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Pay attention to all this.

I had problems with Bianco Blu. We rented a BMW GS 1200R and a day before the trip, they sent us an email saying that this bike was broken and we would rent a GS800 instead. Besides this bike also be cracked, it broke in the Alps and we ran the bike six days ahead of schedule. The worst was that we pay a high rate to deliver the bike in Paris, but as the bike broke in Switzerland, who took the bike back to Milan was the assistance of bmw. Mr. Renato of Bianco Blu said they would return this value plus the daily unused, but are already more than 2 months and so far has not returned the money nor answer our emails or phone calls. We are still waiting....
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
exbee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience Eliana. My friend and I got back from a trip to the region three weeks ago and I can't say we had any issues with Bianco Blu. The bike my friend had reserved was also crashed before we got there and we got a free upgrade to a 2013 F700GS (lesson learned for next time - don't cheap out on the bike. The Beemer was soooo much better than the budget KLE500 I had rented). Renato was easy to deal with and didn't even charge us the weekend opening fees he originally said would apply to our pick up and drop off times. My only complaint was the four year old front tire on the Kawi...got a little dicey on wet roads. Other than that it was in good condition and appeared well maintained. All in all a good experience.
exbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
glitch_oz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I had problems with Bianco Blu. We rented a BMW GS 1200R and a day before the trip, they sent us an email saying that this bike was broken and we would rent a GS800 instead. Besides this bike also be cracked, it broke in the Alps and we ran the bike six days ahead of schedule. The worst was that we pay a high rate to deliver the bike in Paris, but as the bike broke in Switzerland, who took the bike back to Milan was the assistance of bmw. Mr. Renato of Bianco Blu said they would return this value plus the daily unused, but are already more than 2 months and so far has not returned the money nor answer our emails or phone calls. We are still waiting....

Yo, not really such a straight arrow, our Mr. BiancoBlue.
Once...never again.
Absolutely LOVED Milano, though...what a stunning place.

www.AusTouring.com
A Dozen Years Of Adventures
glitch_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #9
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Rented from them for 4 years with absolutely NO problems.

2002 - First rental was a 650GS single that the previous renter got a little overoptimistic with - I got a free upgrade to an 1150GS

2003 - 3 bikes (me and my sons) - no issues.

2004 - Solo - no issues

2006 - (skipped 2005) I had an "event" in traffic (front wheel locked while braking) - did not affect the rideability of the bike, but a bit ugly. Cost me much less than I thought for repairs. Unlike Moto Mader who charged me CHF 1,400+ in parts/labor for damage from a non-moving tip-over.

Experiences vary.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #10
dupreedh
ADDed

Oddometer: 68
Thumb great experience

I had zero problems with the F650GS i rented from them in 2005. I even returned the bike past the time he had requested and was not charged at all. Would use them again without question!

07 Buell Ulysses XB12X
dupreedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Forrest6775 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Think part of the problem is he shares some bikes with another company and things get shuffled around, which creates a bit of chaos. I had a great experience with them though.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
Forrest6775 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I'll add that having rentals especially the big goose with no engine guards is a little rediculous.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #13
Eliana
n00b

Good News

How nice to read all these good recommendations about Bianco Blu. This makes me believe that I will have my money refunded. After 60 days sending emails unanswered, a friend who lives in Milan was able to speak with Mr. Renato last friday by phone and he said he was having personal problems so he had not returned the emails, but he must deposit our money in our credit card within 10 days. With all these good recommendations I read now about the company, I am hoping that it will actually do what he said. I'll wait longer this time given by him.
I will return here to give the final result, if I get the money back, after all, I can not just tell when something is bad, but mostly when it was resolved!
Thanks!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #14
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I will return here to give the final result, if I get the money back, after all, I can not just tell when something is bad, but mostly when it was resolved!
Please do.

An important thing to remember is that ALL companies (and people, for that matter) will drop the ball at one time or another.

The way to sort the good ones from the bad ones is how they handle the dropped ball.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
REDRIDER2
n00b

I rented three bikes from them in Sept 2012. I got into Milan the day before and gave them a call. They told me they would not the bikes for two more days. I was out on street taking a ride over to their place when a got a phone call telling me they would have the bikes in the morning. When we got there they had three bikes but not what we rented eight months before. The one bike came from rent a dream and where charged a rate higher than my original emails. He is a very nice guy, but I felt like it was don't worry it is Italy.
REDRIDER2 is offline   Reply With Quote