Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
jayj93pgt OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
adv noob

looking to do get a bike to do longer trips and such on, maybe some solo camping or whatever gets me away from snoreville. Anyway my short ass is only 5'7" and i dont know how to measure an inseam but its probably not good. on a stock 2012 vstrom adventure i can have both feet touching, but just on the balls not flat. anyway enough of that. I am wondering before i continue looking at bikes and considering a bike that is borderline too tall for my comfort, is there a certain amount of ground clearance, front/rear suspension travel that i should maintain when considering lowering if im going to be taking it on dirt and gravel roads etc? i most likely wont be taking this bike out to do hardcore off roading but would like to be able to hit forest roads and maybe a little harsher i suppose but im sure it will see significant amounts of slab. I dont like the idea of lowering suspension but i would like to be flat foot or nearly flat the first time i take a bike out on dirt in my life.

if anyone here thinks i should just get a lightweight ds or dirt bike to learn on first please let me know before i get a 650cc'ish adv style bike and go beat the shit out of it and drop it everywhere lol. my experience riding is about 2 years, 2003 sv650s, 2005 gsxr 600, 2006 triumph sprint st 1050, 2009 ninja 250r, and my honda pcx 125 scooter (chick magnet)
jayj93pgt is offline   Reply With Quote