Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #3931
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygod View Post
Andrea re-did my KDX seat a few years ago. Replaced some foam and installed all new vinyl or whatever it is. Looks great but more importantly, feels great! Good pricing and quick turnaround times. As mentioned, she is in the SE. I recommend her.

Would like to try a Renazco at some point as I hear good things. What is the ballpark pricing for a 640 seat? (Probably differs according to model, etc...?)
Depends on whether or not you send them your seat pan. If not, then you're looking at a $500 seat minimum depending on material used. I love my 990 Renazco though...
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #3932
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
East Kootenays Ride

I'm planning my last overnight ride of the season this weekend and am looking at Koot. Nat. Park to cranbrook and back via invermere or Elkford/Fernie.

Does. Anyone have any intel on Settlers road and bull river to. Elkford to Hartley creek pass?

I'll be leaving early Sat morning if anyone wants to join me. The more the merrier.
ExpatADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #3933
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Limestone / McLean / KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie348 View Post
Still going tomorrow to limestone - anyone else interested? We can meet at the bear berry saloon unless you come from the south in which case we can meet at the turn off to limestone on the trunk road.
Let me know! I plan to head out around 9 or 10 am.
Doc you are a lucky guy... I will be working and jealous of your trip Monday! Post some pics if you can...

Did 5 hours in MacLean Creek late afternoon / evening. First real dirt bike ride there since 1992. Really didn't remember much. Ended up parking in Fish East, heading east and south, back to McLean Creek Road, crossed over to Fischer West, explored, got lost, ran out of daylight so booted it back to the vehicle as dusk set in. Lights went south; had to rely on some small LED lights and bicycle flashers on our packs. Fully dark by the time we loaded. Some great technical singletrack ups and downs interspersed with some puddle jumping and swamp navigating. Nice to ride some 'new to me' trails!

My old KDX sure runs well and is well suited to the tighter terrain! I love to bushwhack around the bogs and jump deadfall! Think I will tear her down this winter and give her the old once-over. Basically a new bike as I only rode it for maybe three years before storing it. Seems to be a lot of info out there about the KDX's, so I will tap into KDXTalk, Jeff Fredette, etc. for that.

A guy on a new KTM 250 XC said he still had a 1998 (?) 220 and it was bulletproof. He said he actually preferred it to his KTM as it never broke and wasn't finicky. Hmmm.

Overall, pretty happy with the bike and terrain. Good day in McLean!
Various mountain and road bikes

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is...
Hockeygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #3934
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
I should be down. How km's do you think? That rear tire of mine should be able to make but would like to double check. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatADV View Post
I'm planning my last overnight ride of the season this weekend and am looking at Koot. Nat. Park to cranbrook and back via invermere or Elkford/Fernie.

Does. Anyone have any intel on Settlers road and bull river to. Elkford to Hartley creek pass?

I'll be leaving early Sat morning if anyone wants to join me. The more the merrier.
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #3935
wylie348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Limestone

Thx Hockey - daughter was ill this am so have to stick around the pad but if better I plan to try to get out for a few hours today. Limestone might be too far now but I plan to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygod View Post
Doc you are a lucky guy... I will be working and jealous of your trip Monday! Post some pics if you can...

Did 5 hours in MacLean Creek late afternoon / evening. First real dirt bike ride there since 1992. Really didn't remember much. Ended up parking in Fish East, heading east and south, back to McLean Creek Road, crossed over to Fischer West, explored, got lost, ran out of daylight so booted it back to the vehicle as dusk set in. Lights went south; had to rely on some small LED lights and bicycle flashers on our packs. Fully dark by the time we loaded. Some great technical singletrack ups and downs interspersed with some puddle jumping and swamp navigating. Nice to ride some 'new to me' trails!

My old KDX sure runs well and is well suited to the tighter terrain! I love to bushwhack around the bogs and jump deadfall! Think I will tear her down this winter and give her the old once-over. Basically a new bike as I only rode it for maybe three years before storing it. Seems to be a lot of info out there about the KDX's, so I will tap into KDXTalk, Jeff Fredette, etc. for that.

A guy on a new KTM 250 XC said he still had a 1998 (?) 220 and it was bulletproof. He said he actually preferred it to his KTM as it never broke and wasn't finicky. Hmmm.

Overall, pretty happy with the bike and terrain. Good day in McLean!
wylie348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #3936
where2next?
Map guy

Oddometer: 188
Quote:

I hear that bull river is washed out. THE source for this information is the forest officers in the Area. They have the best knowledge about what's up out there. I've wanted to do this trip all year but I'll be off at work I think. It's only Monday though so things can easily change...

F
where2next? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #3937
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
I saw flossnfly today when I was heading out riding....
You should have caught up and came with us (XSOCAL and me). Went to part way to Margaret lake mainly screwing around on all the side trails. Was lots of fun not really expecting to get to the lake, just hooliganing around. Found some fun bumps to try to launch over, then go back and do it again. Was probably the most fun I had this year.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #3938
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
I should be down. How km's do you think? That rear tire of mine should be able to make but would like to double check. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by where2next? View Post
I hear that bull river is washed out. THE source for this information is the forest officers in the Area. They have the best knowledge about what's up out there. I've wanted to do this trip all year but I'll be off at work I think. It's only Monday though so things can easily change...

F
I'll check the Km's but it will depend on the route we eventually settle on. There's lots of great riding either side of the Columbia river so worst case scenario is we double back along the west side to invermere and paradise mine on the way back. Lots of options to discuss.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #3939
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
Estimate 1000k's 60%gravel/40%slab
Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #3940
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Estimate 1000k's 60%gravel/40%slab
Crap... don't think the rear tire is up for that. Going to have to try and get and new one AND a service on the 690. I'm a maybe at this point...
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #3941
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by flossandfly View Post
You should have caught up and came with us (XSOCAL and me). Went to part way to Margaret lake mainly screwing around on all the side trails. Was lots of fun not really expecting to get to the lake, just hooliganing around. Found some fun bumps to try to launch over, then go back and do it again. Was probably the most fun I had this year.

It was a beautiful day!

I was driving my 4runner with two wonder woman (white) KTM's on the trailer. I was going to blare the horn but didn't. You guys were at the Transalta Kiosk looking the other way.

We rode the 80km Dirty Moose race loop. One of the best rides of the year! Fall is always good for best rides.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #3942
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
It was a beautiful day!

I was driving my 4runner with two wonder woman (white) KTM's on the trailer. I was going to blare the horn but didn't. You guys were at the Transalta Kiosk looking the other way.

We rode the 80km Dirty Moose race loop. One of the best rides of the year! Fall is always good for best rides.
I think everyo ne who owns a bike was on that road on sunday. Was busy and dusty on the main road.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #3943
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 1,569
Not me

Quote:
I think everyo ne who owns a bike was on that road on sunday. Was busy and dusty on the main road.
The road I was on had no traffic and no dust.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #3944
wylie348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Bear Berry yesterday

Beautiful day! Found some old roads that turned out to be impassable, but lots of fun finding it out. Here is a pic from one such blocked road:

I will post a link to a youtube video of some fun washouts and cows....

wylie348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #3945
XSoCal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Best ride for sure; I'm working on the video from it, will post soon. Trying to keep up with the XR was a great challenge, best riding I've done on the 950 so far. I think I've finally figured out the right way to ride this thing - you have to just nut up and ride it like it's a (huge) dirt bike, just faster. The bike was probably finally being ridden as it was designed to be, and it not only performed great, it was a blast! And yeah the fall does seem to be the time for best rides, hopefully there will be a few more this year.
XSoCal is online now   Reply With Quote