Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #631
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj View Post
Just ordered one. I'm a little worried about stability but it never rains when you're bringing an umbrella so no worries!
Hi Wimj,

The use of the velcro strap to lock the front brake makes rear wheel lift and wheel removal very stable. Since all bikes are different front wheel lifts vary and it is up to you to decide if it will work and you are confident when lifting the front wheel.

Some tips are that the more upright the bike is the more down force on the Trail Stand the better the stability. This means that it might be a good ideas to put something under the kickstand so the bike is not leaned way over on the kickstand which takes weight off the wheel that you are not working on. Also when lifting the front wheel you can place something next to the right side of the rear wheel which will stop the bike from wanting to rotate around the kickstand. This can be a decent sized rock or a riding buddies foot if available.

Please let me know if you have any questions on use.

Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #632
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

I have let everyone with an order in that I am waiting for the next run of Trail Stands to arrive, I expect them in about 2 weeks. If you would like to order I will send your's as soon as the arrive.

Thanks for all the orders!
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #633
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,349
Placed order, thanks
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #634
Hunter-Douglas
rube

Oddometer: 337
Little later than I promised...

I got the stand a month or so ago. No occasion to use it yet, but I thought tonight i'd play around with some positioning.
First off, I learned that my GS 'Tao has a side stand that sits a bit further forward than a lot of other bikes on this thread. Provides a few extra challenges with getting the balance right as the bike sits a little back heavy if you use the usual spots. Also, disclaimer: I have a ghetto puck bolted to my side stand.

Getting the front off the ground is very easy indeed.

Given the side stand position, though, the back took a little more finagling to get off the ground. This spot would work if I weighted the front a bit more. It's hard to tell in the photo but the bike is balanced pretty much right down the middle (not stable or ideal for working on either end)-

My solution for the back- Maybe not traditional, but for this bike, it works just fine. Stable even when I gave the thing a good wobble!

As long as there's no issue stacking it under the linkage, then we are good to go. Pretty sure it's solid. My other option was under the passenger peg, but things got a bit interesting at that point (but it worked).

Thanks!! Nobody got time for those center stands.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #635
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

An Important point

Thanks for the pics Hunter-Douglas,
I new the Sertao was a little different with the positioning of the sidestand but I didn't realize it swung that far forward that you could lift the front wheel but placing the stand in the area normally where you would to lift the back wheel!

Heres the Important Point: In the last picture you show the Trail Stand under the linkage, this should not be a problem but you have the cradle in upside down, insert the other end, the one with the hole for the hitch pin in it into the rod of the Trail Stand this create a spot where the cradle can rest on itself and keep more of a "V" shape. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Always us the front brake strap when lifting the rear wheel.
Quite frankly I'm not sure I will recommend the Trail Stand for the BMW singles after seeing these pictures, since the balance points seem so different from other bikes on their kickstands and there is not the usual postions to place it for its use. It is up to you to decide if the stabiliy is good for your bike as with any motorcycle you use it on.

Thanks for the order Hunter Douglas send me a pm if you have concerns.
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #636
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Steve,

I placed order on 8/21. Curious if you're confident I should have it by 1st week of October?

Hoping to have it and play with it a few days before my trip across the country on a single cylinder thumper. Thanks
'08 ZZR600 minty
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #637
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Order shipping info

Just an update, I should be able to ship next week, a short run is at the platers with a larger run to follow. If you have recieved and email from me before this post about shipping when I get them then yours is good. A few orders I have gotten in the last couple of days will have to wait until the followup larger run.
Sorry for the delay folks, I'm a small part time business and so is my supplier, but I know I like to get things asap after I order so I really appreciate the patience of the advrider crowd! The vast majority of the time I have them to ship but I do hit a few spots when the orders come in bunches and are hard to keep up with.
And as always if you pefer not to wait I will gladly send you a refund, just drop me an email at endurostar@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #638
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
Hi Steve,

I placed order on 8/21. Curious if you're confident I should have it by 1st week of October?

Hoping to have it and play with it a few days before my trip across the country on a single cylinder thumper. Thanks
Yes that will be no problem! Yours should be on the way in about 1 week and it will get to you in 2-3 days after shipping.

You (and all orders for that matter) will get an email with the shipping and tracking info the day I ship.

Thanks again for the order and patience SteveWFL!
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #639
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 939
Thumb 800xc

Here are some pictures from when I did my last tire change

I use the non threaded hole by the rear brake mount

I use the stock crash bar for the front

I just like this picture Almost look like it's floating.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #640
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 479
Just placed an order,
lubing the chain by rolling the bike around, stopping, spraying, rolling it a bit further, stopping, spraying.......
gets kind of annoying after a couple of weeks on a trip
TobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #641
Hunter-Douglas
rube

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Thanks for the pics Hunter-Douglas,
I new the Sertao was a little different with the positioning of the sidestand but I didn't realize it swung that far forward that you could lift the front wheel but placing the stand in the area normally where you would to lift the back wheel!

Heres the Important Point: In the last picture you show the Trail Stand under the linkage, this should not be a problem but you have the cradle in upside down, insert the other end, the one with the hole for the hitch pin in it into the rod of the Trail Stand this create a spot where the cradle can rest on itself and keep more of a "V" shape. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Always us the front brake strap when lifting the rear wheel.
Quite frankly I'm not sure I will recommend the Trail Stand for the BMW singles after seeing these pictures, since the balance points seem so different from other bikes on their kickstands and there is not the usual postions to place it for its use. It is up to you to decide if the stabiliy is good for your bike as with any motorcycle you use it on.

Thanks for the order Hunter Douglas send me a pm if you have concerns.
Steve
ESP llc
Thanks for pointing out the bit about the top piece. Obviously, whatever you feel comfortable recommending from a business perspective is one thing, but I have no qualms using it. It might take a bit more creativity than with the other bikes, but once the good spots are found (for me, the linkage), it does the job just fine. Stable enough to work on the back for what I need and beyond stable enough to take the front off as well.

Still $200 cheaper and less bulky than a center stand and will get the job done when I need it to. That's what matters right?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #642
Hunter-Douglas
rube

Although

While catching up on Noah's RTW blog, I came across this photo. Looks like I need to give that a shot as well!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #643
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
Hi Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Yes that will be no problem! Yours should be on the way in about 1 week and it will get to you in 2-3 days after shipping.

You (and all orders for that matter) will get an email with the shipping and tracking info the day I ship.

Thanks again for the order and patience SteveWFL!
Steve
ESP llc
Thanks and thanks for the follow-up
'08 ZZR600 minty
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #644
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Question If it get's tight I can help out... You always help me out!!!

If for some reason You end up short a stand Steve and SteveWFL needs it before his cross country ride... I can ship him the one that I got from ya, for my friends Jessica's cross country ride. Might save ya some grief in a pinch!^)-

Her engine blew while crossing MT and so it still sits here in her goody box with some books, and a headlight for her DRZ.
Was getting ready to ship her stuff this week, but nooo hurry on the TrailStand for awhile...
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #645
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Talking Parts are In!

It took a little longer this time, but I have enough to cover all the backorders and I will be assembling, packing and creating the labels through today and this evening, I will ship as many as I can tonight and the rest should go out tomorrow. First orders in will be first out as you would expect.
Thanks very much for your patience on your order, we small U.S. businesses appreciate our customers!
Cagiva Gran Canyon