User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #3496
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,130
Barry. Didn't you just offer yours for sale? So WTF do you care? Seems to me you are just trying to stir up some shit. Leave it alone.
Just go pay 4 times as much. Never install it, and then go shit on that thread. lol

slowoldguy screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 05:08 PM
Old 09-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #3497
badbs101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Barry. Didn't you just offer yours for sale? So WTF do you care? Seems to me you are just trying to stir up some shit. Leave it alone.
Just go pay 4 times as much. Never install it, and then go shit on that thread. lol
Maybe my original question did come off that way, sorry. I only want to know the truth. Someone else, not me, has asserted that these devices don't work on the newer BMWs. I already have a resistor tuner installed on my bike (Accelerator Module) and purchased the IICE Air in anticipation of using it with the IICE Cool etc. Which have not materialized yet. Poolside seems to know what he is talking about and I trust he can reply. For what it's worth, I have asked the same question to the maker of the competing product too as I only want what works best.

Thanks,

Barry

badbs101 screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 08:32 PM
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #3498
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbs101 View Post

There's a thread here http://www.r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30416 where a poster is saying that the IICE Air (and other similar air temp dupers like the Booster Plug and Accelerator Module are of no effect on newer 2011?+ BMWs as the ECU learns and adapts to the new "falsified" air temp produced by air temp resistor tuners.

I am currently running an Accelerator Module on my 2012 R1200 and it seems to work but I have no way to measure a gradual "adapting out" of the effect by the ECU. And it may just be gradual enough to go unnoticed. What do you think Poolside?
Well, I think you should be careful what you read on the internet.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #3499
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Maybe my original question did come off that way, sorry. I only want to know the truth. Someone else, not me, has asserted that these devices don't work on the newer BMWs. I already have [an Intake Air Temperature Sensor] tuner installed on my bike (Accelerator Module) and purchased the IICE Air in anticipation of using it with the IICE Cool etc.

For what it's worth, I have asked the same question to the maker of the competing product too.
And here's his reply to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post

The BoosterPlug and IICE Air do just what they claim, namely shift the air temp reading of the ECU.

I've satisfied myself that the Motronic MA 2.4 (and likely the MA 2.2) and BMS-K have Adaptation Values. My reasons: you can see the effect in a few of the plots I've shown, the 1150 and 1200 manuals state that there are adaptation values, and most who reset their Motronic or BMS-K notice a degradation in performance until they've ridden a while.

So when a sensor not quite right, fuel pressure is low/high, ethanol mix changes, combustion chamber or intake system flow changes, the Motronic or BMS-k can find that out by comparing the fuel calculated from the sensors with the actual fuel determined by the very-accurate O2 sensor. It keeps track of those differences and uses them when calculating fuel based on the sensors.

How long does it take? That depends on how far off the corrections are and how much of the fueling map you cover with your riding style. Somewhere between a half tank and a few tanks of fuel.

Last thought, I use a BoosterPlug or fuel pressure increase to bias the stock fuel tables toward my final lambda value. The BP adds 6% to the fueling and since I usually run lambda 0.94 (6% richer than stock) my Motronic doesn't have to do as much work to reach its final adaptation values.

Complex topic, long answer.
Are you asking me to comment on that?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #3500
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Right now I smell the sweet smell of curing epoxy. This batch is in the first epoxy cure step. And while this one cures, I'll be back at the bench later today to continue assembly on the next batch.
Any time I wake up at 3:00, unable to sleep, I remember that Poolside is probably up, too, working on his projects.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #3501
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report

The final epoxy step for this batch of 30 is complete, and will be cured by tomorrow. Final test and other details on Sunday, then shipping on Monday.

The next batch is 60% complete, and the final batch is 25% done.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #3502
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Cool!
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #3503
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,130
"Final batch." Damn. I like the sound of that.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #3504
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly update

Jeez what a day. I had an appointment in Orange county that turned into a small job. I got back this afternoon and have been working on it since then. I have a couple of hours to finish up later this morning, and the small project gets delivered. What this means is these 30 IICE Airs will ship on Wednesday. Goodnight for now you night owls.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #3505
spartanman
regret minimizer

Oddometer: 944
Quote:
Jeez what a day. I had an appointment in Orange county that turned into a small job. I got back this afternoon and have been working on it since then. I have a couple of hours to finish up later this morning, and the small project gets delivered. What this means is these 30 IICE Airs will ship on Wednesday. Goodnight for now you night owls.

Any idea when the next batch of 30 will ship? Do you do the batches separately or bring multiple batches to some state of completion then pot?
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #3506
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanman View Post

Any idea when the next batch of 30 will ship? Do you do the batches separately or bring multiple batches to some state of completion then pot?
I am trying to get these done so we can move on the other IICE products. How does faster-than-normal sound? Regarding batch processing, yes I bring multiple batches to some state of completion. You could call it staggered, or semi-concurrent batch processing. The next batch after this one is about 60% complete.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #3507
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Hello Poolside. I read to page ten before posting here so this may have been covered already. I recently purchased a 01 R1150GS which is completely stock. While riding it slowly and needing to slip the clutch to navigate around a few obstacles i noticed that the engine needed to be revved a little higher than i thought should be necessary to get it past the low RPM lumpy feel and to get enough smooth torque and stall resistance to navigate safely. Is this what your IICE AIR device corrects?

Edit: I found some testimonials and they suggest that the IICE Air does correct these issues and more. I ordered one. Will you be making one for my 07 5.3L ford van anytime soon?

liviob screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 10:31 AM
Old 10-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #3508
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
http://www.pure-gas.org - App and Website A+
http://pure-gasoline.com/ - App
http://www.buyrealgas.com/ - Website

There's like 100 stations here in MN. I run it in my mower and snowblower too. Ethanol really clogs carbs on seasonally used small engines.
If you can't find pure gas try this it works. http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
Old 10-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #3509
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report

Hey there, folks. I just got back here a short while ago. I'm bagging up this batch, but I won't get to the post office before 5:30pm. These will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #3510
liviob
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey there, folks. I just got back here a short while ago. I'm bagging up this batch, but I won't get to the post office before 5:30pm. These will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Hello Poolside. I ordered a IICE AIR this morning will i get an email confirmation of my order being received and shipped?
Closed Thread