ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
PJDURAN OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Advice for foreigner in the LA Area

Hi. Sorry for the totally unrelated post. I'm going to be in the Los Angeles area for a few days next month and I want to go shopping for gear as stuff is priced much higher down here in south america. I have a KTM 1190 Adventure and will be looking for some parts/accessories for it as well as gear (helmet, jacket, etc.) I'd like to receive some advice from forum members on where to go shopping. Appreciate all help!!!
PJDURAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDURAN View Post
Hi. Sorry for the totally unrelated post. I'm going to be in the Los Angeles area for a few days next month and I want to go shopping for gear as stuff is priced much higher down here in south america. I have a KTM 1190 Adventure and will be looking for some parts/accessories for it as well as gear (helmet, jacket, etc.) I'd like to receive some advice from forum members on where to go shopping. Appreciate all help!!!
..for trying on and buying or just trying on..., Chaparrall Motorsports in San Bernardino has the widest selection of anywhere in SoCal that I know of.
They carry all the brands including Klim.
Street, dirt, ATV etal.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red
'06 950 ADV Orangeboom
91 R100GSPD Derelict

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDURAN View Post
bring lots of $$$ and you will fly home happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
..for trying on and buying or just trying on..., Chaparrall Motorsports in San Bernardino has the widest selection of anywhere in SoCal that I know of.
They carry all the brands including Klim.
Street, dirt, ATV etal.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/
+1

also try del amo motosports......i have a 10% discount coupon you can use. they have 2 stores, long beach and redondo beach (this one has KTMs and orange gear).
http://www.delamomotorsports.com/

and if you need some inexpensive and cheap tools....check out cycle gear. several locations, and they have good stuff too.

http://www.cyclegear.com/?utm_source...Bing-Trademark

some people don't like bert's (i dunno) but i don't mind going there
http://www.bertsmegamall.com/new_veh...sc=Motorcycles

have fun on your stay here. let us know when you're in town so we may be able to get together.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 45,620
Not a ride report post, moved to Regionals.

Will get more better answers here.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 3,923
LA area, gear and KTM parts

I think most of us shop online for gear, not wanting to pay full-boat retail when possible. That said, now and again the locals will put stuff on sale. Best local sources mentioned. Depending on whether you have target brands you're looking for, there are generally some good sources in the LA basin. For example, there's a nice Rev'It dealer in LA, and some of the local BMW shops have a good selection of Klim. Let us know if you have specifics.

Same for parts: Munn Racing, KTM World, online. Out in Riverside Malcolm Smiths has a pretty good selection of KTM parts and accessories. I can't say for LA proper. Generally the dealers don't stock much and have to order, so same deal, we can do the same thing from the online retailers that discount. Chip Munn was one of my favorites when I was riding orange.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,099
You can order anything from Chapparal web site and then pick it up in the store. They are pretty competitive and often have sales.
Chapparal is a BIG store, worth the visit.

Or you could order a ton of crap on Amazon and have it shipped to my house and then come get it.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

DMV paperwork/room rental/motorbike/vehicle buying/Travelers help
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote