User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #586
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Mad Cow Monster !!!

All coming to geather for winter project !!!

The candy from A-Vicous-Cycle Canada is in the shop, and I have the Schnitzracing 705cc big bore kit and stag #2 hot cams are on there way.

Next is the DJ cab kit, and a FMF pipe if the owner of MRD pipe can't fit me in.

Ha Ha. I couldn't wait for the snow to melt up here in Western Canada, and now I can't wait for it to come back.

Box one is Skid plate, crash bars, soft bag panners, wind screen, fork stuff, and a few other odds and ends.

Box two is jug and hot cams.

Box three will be jetting and pipe, seat, heated grips, bark-busters hand guards.

My winter project will be fun working on project Mad Cow Monster.
Bike $4500 B1 $1300. B2 $920, and B3 $700 = $7420 on a bike with only 4000 kms. Ha Ha. A new bike that will be new again.
From Don.

Jeathrow Bowdean screwed with this post 09-11-2013 at 10:37 AM
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #587
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer: 1,061
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
All coming to geather for winter project !!!

The candy from A-Vicous-Cycle Canada is in the shop, and I have the Schnitzracing 705cc big bore kit and stag #2 hot cams are on there way.

Next is the DJ cab kit, and a FMF pipe if the owner of MDR pipe can't fit me in.

Ha Ha. I couldn't wait for the snow to melt up here in Western Canada, and now I can't wait for it to come back.

Box one is Skid plate, crash bars, soft bag panners, wind screen, fork stuff, and a few other odds and ends.

Box two is jug and hot cams.

Box three will be jetting and pipe, seat, heated grips, bark-busters hand guards.

My winter project will be fun working on project Mad Cow Monster.
Bike $4500 B1 $1300. B2 $920, and B3 $700 = $7420 on a bike with only 4000 kms. Ha Ha. A new bike that will be new again.
From Don.
I'm excited to see how your bike turns out. I just ordered the 685 kit from Eagle Mike. He's a pretty cool cat! I'm prepping for a 20k+ mile trip next summer. I thought it was time to change to the 685 simply because I had to tear into the jug to re-tap and re-thread the two 6x85 bolts that hold down the chain guard for the cams. The bike is a 2008 KLR with almost 52K on it. I wanted to do the ride with the original piston, but oh well, I'm pretty excited for the 685. What trips do you have planned with the new 705 kit? Also where do you live? I live in Sitka, Alaska and I love the AK, Yukon and B.C. area. Some of my favorite places on earth and I'm lucky to have seen a large portion of it. But there is more out there to experience. Good luck with the upgrades, thats pretty sweet!!
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Nanuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #588
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,840
After welding the piece of plate steel to the bracket I measured and situated the box in the new location and clamped it with a pair of visegrips and set the angle also.The box is now ready to weld after cutting off the excess plate.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #589
DPelletier
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
good job. Lets see how they look all finished.

Dave
DPelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #590
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
good job. Lets see how they look all finished.

Dave

Hopefully soon I will get some more time to work on them.Progress is slow as I have alot going on with Trials this month.
IBA # 23,716
Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #591
DPelletier
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
no worries. :-)
Dave
DPelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #592
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Left side Bracket and Box welded up.

Notice the curved support piece I welded under the box for strength.
I had to cut off the stock cross piece for the BMW pegs to work so I added this to make up for it.
If you use a peg designed for the KLR you wont have to do this.

Here is the backside.

In this pic you can see the lower boss on the peg that would interfere with the stock box configuration,which is why I had to open up the front of the box and then reinforce the bottom to make up for it.
That lower boss on the peg is a nice feature though because it is a threaded hole with a adjustable bolt stop so you can adjust the peg angle.

I have to get started on the other side now so I can get them on the bike and try them out.

Not related,but here is a bonus picture of my OTHER baby.
GAS GAS 321 TRIALS bike.
IBA # 23,716
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #593
apexeric
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
I've been following this thread since you started it last September and I just figured out that Gas Guy rides a Gas Gas. Nice bike.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #594
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Canada Soon Under Way !!!

The candy for my Mad Cow Monster is piling up, and the big bore 705 and hot cams from Schnitzracing should be in very soon.

My tech dude in the Sylvan Lk Alberta area is on page for this project, and all the peaces are fitting togther now that I have a plan.

Part 1 is power up the unit.
Part 2 is the candy add-ons
Part 3 is the Black and Orange paint format
Part 4 is suspention.

I'll be the first dude in our Alberta Dual Sport to of added the full project of all, and I can't wait to see this get under way.

I need some more info from my pal to get me started on the picture posting, so it will be one wild ride for a winter time project here in Western Canada.

From Don. PS: How does life get any better then this. Ha Ha. "Very lucky I am !!!"
Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #595
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

All is Good

The Schnitz 705cc big bore kit and hot cams are in, and my tech dude is ready to get things under way at the end of Oct.

Full wire up job for gadgets, painting skeem of Black and Orange, then all the candy to go with this build that is sitting in boxes in the main fab shop of fun toys.

I really like it when things come together.

From Don in Western Canada.

PS: This is going to be one fun build !!!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #596
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Western Canada KLR 705cc Project !!!

Mon Strad 18'' adjustablewind screen is in place, and what a diffrence in riding the bike now at hwy speed, and it clips off in under a minute, and I can strap it on the back on hot days, or stuff it in the bush when I'm hanging out at my area for the day.

I had extra time to put the 60mm Pivot Pegz on, and the stand-up thing is way easier for the 5' 10'' dude now.

Big bore kit, Hot Cams 2, and bike are get droped off this week, and it shouldn't take me tool head to long to getter done.

Some of the Alberta Dual Sport dudes were woundering what the hp and torque is, so I went looking and I didn't find much on the ratings. Ha Ha.
All I know is that it puts thump in thumper, and I guess that's all that matters.

From Don in Western Canada.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #597
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Footpegs are installed

After putting 3 coats of gray engine enamel that I had laying around on the pegs I finally got around to installing them.

I rotated the shifter on the splines 1 notch and after a short test ride I feel this will work fine.My size 13 boot helps also.

The rear brake lever will have to be modified just a bit.I will have to lower the pedal from the lever.

Standing is now VERY good, and feels much more natural and more leg room while sitting also.

While standing I have always noticed the side panels of the Gen 2 pushing against my calves.I may try to heat them and work them inwards in that location.

IBA # 23,716
Old 10-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #598
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Under this cover is a top secret project that is rapping up in the next few weeks !!!

It comes with a wet noise, one frost biten ear, binder-twine on one hoof, with a KLR brand on the good side. Ha Ha.

From Don. PS: Jeathrow Bowdean will have his rocket ship !!!

Let the good time roll.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #599
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,258
Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #600
astrolump
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
Under this cover is a top secret project that is rapping up in the next few weeks !!!

It comes with a wet noise, one frost biten ear, binder-twine on one hoof, with a KLR brand on the good side. Ha Ha.

From Don. PS: Jeathrow Bowdean will have his rocket ship !!!

Let the good time roll.
is it 2 hamsters on a wheel? that should about double the klr's power

"They see me coming on my KLR......They hide their daughters and their PBR......
I'll take the beer,no time for girls......Got a date in the Forest, chasing squirrels. "
astrolump is offline   Reply With Quote