Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #31
pdxmotorhead
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
You can buy gneric oil pressure senders that have both a switch-to-ground and the standard resistive terminal on them.. Oo if you found a hot with on ignition point and ran from there to an LED and piggybacked it on the switch it should light and not require cutting anything in.. And it would leave the original system functioning giving you redundant tell tales..

If you put a LED in series you drop the voltage , could screw with the logic in the speedo because they likely did something silly ,, near as I can tell KTM hires BMW Auto division to do their electrics... 950 has too many fuses.. My BMW 330xi has 85 fuses.. LOL

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
You can buy gneric oil pressure senders that have both a switch-to-ground and the standard resistive terminal on them.. Oo if you found a hot with on ignition point and ran from there to an LED and piggybacked it on the switch it should light and not require cutting anything in.. And it would leave the original system functioning giving you redundant tell tales..

If you put a LED in series you drop the voltage , could screw with the logic in the speedo because they likely did something silly ,, near as I can tell KTM hires BMW Auto division to do their electrics... 950 has too many fuses.. My BMW 330xi has 85 fuses.. LOL

Dave
Oh I like that! Not cutting in is better. Yes that would be the ACC2 which is switched. Through the LED and piggy back onto the oil pressure switch as you suggest and you have 2 seperate warning lights! Being an LED it will only take a tiny wire all the way to the switch so no big deal.
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Oh I like that! Not cutting in is better. Yes that would be the ACC2 which is switched. Through the LED and piggy back onto the oil pressure switch as you suggest and you have 2 seperate warning lights! Being an LED it will only take a tiny wire all the way to the switch so no big deal.
Well, I did eventually get around to doing the Oil pressure warning light repeater on my Erzberg.

I got a nice bright LED red light from Ebay and popped it into the centre water drain hole on the SE mask. Found a switched feed so I put one wire there. Ran the other tiny single wire down to the Oil Pressure Switch connector on the LH side and crimped into that.

So I have effectively connected the LED in parallel with the OEM Oil Pressure Warning Light with no ill-effects to the warning panel.

It's not an exact repeat because it isn't switched by the RH handlebar engine on/off switch. This switch powers the OEM light wheras my LED comes on with the key, but the light does what the OEM does regarding pressure.

Here it is in bright sunlight.

ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote