Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #316
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,900
I thought the stock pumps had a valve in them to prevent flow or did you put an early model faucet that doesn't have a fuel stop? Those older faucets I heard would allow the fuel on a full tank over ride the floats or push past a leaky float and fill the cylinders with gas

With the hose off, squeeze the tank and see if you can hear any airflow from the cap. If it is, try to disassemble the valve and use the moose valve. I know it's irrelevant but the 950's stock caps used to need a flapendectomy to prevent just such an issue.

Speaking of 950's, I filled mine up today with 11.99 gallons after riding for nearly an hour while the light was flashing

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #317
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I thought the stock pumps had a valve in them to prevent flow or did you put an early model faucet that doesn't have a fuel stop? Those older faucets I heard would allow the fuel on a full tank over ride the floats or push past a leaky float and fill the cylinders with gas

With the hose off, squeeze the tank and see if you can hear any airflow from the cap. If it is, try to disassemble the valve and use the moose valve. I know it's irrelevant but the 950's stock caps used to need a flapendectomy to prevent just such an issue.

Speaking of 950's, I filled mine up today with 11.99 gallons after riding for nearly an hour while the light was flashing

Show Off! My SE holds around 3.5 gallons (My aux is reserve reserve). But when I get my 30 ltr Safari, plus my aux, plus 5ltr in each Wolman bag....

Interesting thread though because I don't want this to happen to me. Hope you get it sorted.
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote