Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Rottweiler Performance Intake Planning Full System Adventure Exhaust

Rottweiler Performance Intake Planning "Full System" Adventure Exhaust
www.rottweilerperformance.com

Due in large part to the outstanding success of our original Rottweiler Intake Systems, the first and only trusted dual layer foam element system yielding an incredible 8 - 10 HP for all KTM "Big Twins", CPR Fabrications in Costa Mesa, California is gearing up to add a full exhaust system to our ever growing line of high quality motorcycle products.

Starting with the Adventure 990 models, we will be producing full "X-Pipe" systems that will either bolt directly to your existing slip on aftermarket or stock exhausts, as well as our own line of slip on ultra lightweight 304 stainless silencers in either 1 3/4 or 2" core sizes.

Configurations planned will be:

• Full System "X-Pipe" with Rottweiler 304 SST dual silencers
  • Full System "X-Pipe" with Aftermarket / Stock silencer bolt patterns (this is so you don't have to discard your current slip on set up
  • Full System "Y-Pipe" / Single side out Rottweiler slip on (Proper 2 into 1 final sizing)
  • Full System "Y-Pipe" / Single side out (Aftermarket slip on)
  • Mid "X-Pipe" stock header to aftermarket slip on or stock (Think less Harly and more Nascar sound)

CPR Fabrications has an extensive history in custom high end exhaust manufacturing. Partnering with Burns Stainless (www.burnsstainless.com) with many of our projects, a world renown leader in exhaust systems technology, CPR Fabrications has for many years established itself as a major player in the automotive racing industry fabricating exhaust systems for teams and companies such as Singer Vehicle Design, Rod Millen Motorsports, Brad Anderson Industries, Jennings Racing, Panella, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Daytona Coupe, Evo Sport, BMW, Mariani, Mercedes and has been a valued part of multiple championships and world records in Pike’s Peak, Bonneville, SCORE off road, Top Fuel Drag and countless others.

The culmination of the latter has now led us into our personal passion, KTM Motorcycles. It only had to make sense that after building the most trusted name in high horsepower intake systems that we back it up with the other side of the engine. "We’ve made them breath better than anyone, now let’s let them exhale!”.

CPR Fabrications and its successful brand, “Rottweiler Performance” has been secretly testing current systems for approximately 9 months now with valued input from our top dealers such as KTM Twins and CJ Designs, and is very excited about the current results. One recent GS1200 owner who had a chance to test ride our current 2012 Adventure R with full exhaust and intake from Rottweiler exclaimed upon return, “Oh yeah,… the GS is going on EBay next week”

Pricing is currently TBA and just like any other high quality creation, all systems will be hand crafted by one of two fabrication artists, owner Chris Parker, or our own skilled Javier Gardeazabal.

CPR Fabrications continues to lead the way in sheer horsepower numbers with its Rottweiler Intake Systems brand for all KTM big twin motorcycles and has worked hard to make sure our customers get the best parts and customer service we can possibly provide and promise to continue to do so with our 'Rottweiler Exhaust Systems' brand as well. Our systems will have the look and feel of a custom "Hand Made" header meticulously fabricated by the same artists behind many record breaking / championship holding racing teams. All systems will be TIG (Heli Arc) hand welded with a pure argon purge for strength and reliability, (Most outfits will not take the time to do this), completely American made 304 / 321 - 18/20 gauge Stainless steel construction and only the highest quality materials used throughout.

We certainly value your input on our project and what we see here may guide our focus depending on what the true ADV rider wants from a complete or partial system.

CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Easy first question. What did the dyno say?
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Boredsurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
I'll bite......:

1) Is there a "COMBO" Price for the header, (does it include that fancy mid-pipe "x" part?) exhaust and air filter?

2) Install service rates for local riders?

3) Release date?

Thanx
Boredsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredsurfer View Post
I'll bite......:

1) Is there a "COMBO" Price for the header, (does it include that fancy mid-pipe "x" part?) exhaust and air filter?

2) Install service rates for local riders?

3) Release date?

Thanx
1) Although we do not have any final pricing yet we certainly will have a complete "Power UP" kit price for the entire system, intake and exhaust. They will be designed to compliment each other and offer the end user the ability to have one source product manufacturer for the horsepower end of building up your KTM Adventure.

2) Install rates and flag hours for dealers will be provided as well with free mapping install provided we have an accurate map file on hand for that customer. (In The People's Republic Of Californistan bikes will have to be trailer-ed in with no plates) We will be building a map data base of different maps at different air fuel ratios for power, mileage or a combination of both with the "cruising" range and "power" range tailored accordingly using Auto Tune. These maps will be available for Power Commander V and Tune ECU.

3) We are shooting for a couple months. Tooling has been finished and our current system has been in very successful use for 9 months now with zero issues. We are just working on tweaks and mapping currently.

4) Horsepower is currently in the teens (rear wheel STD) and a final Dyno chart will be released when we are satisfied that we just can't get any more out of it.

5) Our full system with Rottweiler Intake drops 17.6 lbs over stock. Single side out drops 20+. Canisterectomy drops 2.5 more.

CPRFAB screwed with this post 05-16-2013 at 10:17 AM
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
Easy first question. What did the dyno say?
See #4 above.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
See #4 above.
The only other thing I would mention is noise and legality (spark arrestors). With FMF Q's fitted (kritzman type spark arrestors), my bike is already on the edge of being too loud. For responsible Adventure owners that ride off road, I would figure this to be a major consideration. Straight through open mufflers are not an option for me. If I had a RC8 or a LC8 street only, I wouldn't care as much.

Looks like you will have lots of options. I'd be interested in seeing a dyno run with aftermarket mufflers and your new header system--basically wanting to see what your header design adds to a legal muffler system. Also what the weight difference is just between the stock header and your header (no mufflers).

Thanks
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
The only other thing I would mention is noise and legality (spark arrestors). With FMF Q's fitted (kritzman type spark arrestors), my bike is already on the edge of being too loud. For responsible Adventure owners that ride off road, I would figure this to be a major consideration. Straight through open mufflers are not an option for me. If I had a RC8 or a LC8 street only, I wouldn't care as much.

Looks like you will have lots of options. I'd be interested in seeing a dyno run with aftermarket mufflers and your new header system--basically wanting to see what your header design adds to a legal muffler system. Also what the weight difference is just between the stock header and your header (no mufflers).

Thanks
In the exhaust world, unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want power, to be honest, it's going to get noisy. "Quiet cores" kill horsepower and 2 into 1's without proper final core sizing kill horsepower, but they are quiet. This will be up to the customer as to what they want from a system and what they feel is responsible in their area. We will although have quiet cores available as well as spark arrestors in the very near future. Again, unfortunately these will cost HP, on anything really. Ours although will muffle better than other aftermarket open systems of the same final core sizing.

This is one of the reasons we are making a header that will work with aftermarket slip on's and whoever has legal spark arresting cans already that they are happy with. Our cans are just of a less "stamped" and more high end fabricated quality from durable stainless. These mufflers have been proven on literally thousands of race cars and we are implementing them to the KTM platform with the proper size and shape.

Our cans core tube utilizes a smaller hole / larger muffling design that has proven to be more efficient in HP and sound. You cannot buy this particular perf core in tube form, so it is custom rolled and seam welded just for us.

The difference in header weight alone is negligible so we will make no claims there. The LC8 Adventure engine is fairly generic, and the port is designed for 1.75 header tube sizing in a .049 wall thickness. We can only assume that in a cheaper way to achieve a more low end powerband, seeing that it is a giant dirt bike, KTM uses 1.625 right off of a port designed for the latter. This is a huge no no in the exhaust technology world, but (we assume) achieved what KTM wanted. Our philosophy is to bring the tube sizing up and utilize "X-pipe" scavenging at the mid pipe to get the power back out of the engine. The byproduct is and amazing sound that you have never heard on a KTM. All of our test riders jokingly claim that alone is worth the price once they hear it in person.

We also may utilize a resonator on the rear cylinder as an option. Properly sized this "fools" that cylinder into thinking the header is longer as that is a problem in packaging on the Adventure. Not so much on the street versions using the LC8 as they can go underneath the crankcase. The X-pipe helps as well to equalize the pulses.

CPRFAB screwed with this post 05-17-2013 at 02:44 PM
Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
I gained 12 rear wheel HP from a header Chris built for me. That was with a small diameter first stage. Can't wait til I get the bigger diameter to the dyno. His craftsmanship is excellent.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,700
CARB (California Air Resorces Board) legal/approved??? CARB is going after mfgr's and hitting them with big fines right now for selling "Not for Highway Use" products that can be used on the street.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
CARB (California Air Resorces Board) legal/approved??? CARB is going after mfgr's and hitting them with big fines right now for selling "Not for Highway Use" products that can be used on the street.
We know this all too well. It's kind of a "mafioso" mentality. Pay us up front for our ridiculously expensive testing and certification, or we will fine you on the backside. Akropovich and FMF replacement cans are sold in California on a regular basis and they are of high profile. They are currently shipping to Cali residents under "offroad use only" and have no CARB certification. One can only guess as to how they are doing this, in addition, the whole shops getting busted thing seems to be more of a vicious rumor than fact and it seems to be doing it's job.

It is really the replacement of catalytic converters that they are concerned about. At least that's the general understanding. There is much "grey" area purposefully written into it and one can only theorize as to why. Many dealers have found legal ways to sell and install in the People's Republic of Californistan. Namely by taking pictures of the bike or car being brought in on a trailer with no license plate. Shipping them can be dicey as well. They tend to try and nail higher profile shops in order to scare the little guys because it's hard to impossible to really track who is shipping what.

We plan to approach this carefully.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,342
Header

I would defintely be interested in the header portion of this if it will fit my 2004 950S. ??

I have the Akras so will not want to loose those. The stock header has the crack factor eventually and having a SS header system would eliminate that issue.

Also I am already running your intake.
Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
superhak31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
+1 on the 950 adv header pipes. 2006.
superhak31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
JRod152
will work for tires

Oddometer: 210
This is very intriguing to me. Love my filter setup. I can only speculate that the "package" will be a must have!

Any plans to / benefits to internal ceramic coating? More efficient scavenging, cooler, etc?
Old 09-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
We can only assume that in a cheaper way to achieve a more low end powerband, seeing that it is a giant dirt bike, KTM uses 1.625 right off of a port designed for the latter. This is a huge no no in the exhaust technology world, but (we assume) achieved what KTM wanted. Our philosophy is to bring the tube sizing up and utilize "X-pipe" scavenging at the mid pipe to get the power back out of the engine.
Someone more knowledgeable would be able to connect the dots here - but I cant ... are you saying that the X-pipe will recover some of the low-end that is lost by going with a larger tube sizing? Im not really looking for more peak hp - but some added torque at the low-end would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod152 View Post
Any plans to / benefits to internal ceramic coating? More efficient scavenging, cooler, etc?
+1? Does it make much difference in radiant temps? (I had my SE header/mid pipes ceramic coated - didnt seem to make much difference - but then again, I wasn't exactly impressed with the quality of the ceramic coating work...)

Would I be correct in assuming these SS headers would be a whole lot more durable than the stock headers? (The front adv header is quite exposed to stones thrown by the front wheel... and they love a bit of salt on the roads here in the UK which is horrible for most of the bike parts - but the headers especially)
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #15
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,619
How's progress on these systems?

Thinking a nice 2-1 to start 2014....

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote