User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #481
old2wheeler
Former nb

Oddometer: 720
Thumb Thanks for the ride.

As someone closer in age to Papa than to you, I'll just say "I can "see" his smile every time you ride this amazing tribute!

Maybe someone more skilled in making smilies than I could make one with a glorious smile and tears of joy rolling down the face? It would be called simply "Papa."
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
old2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #482
mattsz
moto-gurdyist

Oddometer: 131
Ben - It's fantastic! Very beautiful and very well done! I rode my friend's /5 a couple of weeks ago - it's almost as nice as yours... Enjoy!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #483
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,046
Speaking as someone who just found this thread today, I've been glued to my monitor for the last 2 hours reading every twist and turn of your project. I'm thrilled that you've finally completed it, and thankful that I was able to read all about it.

In addition to the already strong emotional connection you have to the bike, add in the thousands of people who have read and will read this restoration story over the years. You'll inspire them to do what you've done with your words, your pictures, and all of your hard work.

Stuff like this is what transforms motorcycles from appliances to loved ones - for a toaster to your toaster. You should be very, very proud.

I actually found this thread while stumbling around looking for information on airheads. My father passed away in May, and as a result I sold the business that he retired and ran for me. With the proceeds, I have an opportunity (hopefully!) to purchase an R90/6 -- a bike nearly identical to the first motorcycle i ever rode -- and I was on the fence until I came across your thread. Needless to say, I'm not anymore...

Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #484
backdrifter OP
Wannabe rider

Oddometer: 1,363
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen! It's been a fun ride, and again, I really couldn't have done it without everyone's help.

F800 Rob: I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I hope you can find a way to move forward and if that requires the purchase and restoration of an R90/6, well then by God, you gotta do what you gotta do!

I wish you all the best with your endeavor, and while I'm certainly no airhead expert, I'd be happy to help pass on some of the invaluable knowledge that I learned from the inmates here if you should ever need some assistance.

Now go get that bike!

1973 BMW R60/5:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608166
backdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote