Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #46
scada
Here we go

Oddometer: 47
Ride with gps website

Is anyone using the ridewithgps.com website? I went ahead and signed up for a premium account and have been playing with it creating short routes.

I have been looking for an iPad solution to create routes and GPX files. So far this option looks pretty good.
scada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #47
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,299
I never really have any luck with this mapping program...maybe I am just kinda inept with this program
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #48
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,465
I uploaded a track and the program renamed it to "unnamed" and I could not find a way to change the name back to something meaningfull....

Back to Dualsportmaps.com....
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #49
Stumblebike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Thumb Ridewithgps quick review seems really easy to use

I have been planning some rides on Gearth and maps and it is a right pain in the bum. But then i found this and i have found it really easy to import tracks from Trans Australia Tracks and just modify portions or get Ridewith GPS to make the plot more detailed and follow the exact trail. It becomes a little more difficult when the trail you want to follow is off a marked track but it is dooable just a little more difficult.
Some great features are
The Revers direction feature so the turn by turn direction for printing and sticking in the Tank bag go the right way(will not work if not following a road guess the algorithum links point to point and does not reverse the line as a path no biggie and understandable)
The route plot distance and elevation a GoogleMaps route won't even tell you how ling it is. ( now i know fuel range )
The export feature works really well i just mail the GPX to my account and open it in MOTIONX GPS on the Iphone (I am not on Garmin)
The turn by turn printouts a great backup plan.
the MY tracks is heaps easier to use than Gmaps or Earth and i can access them form anywhere.
My favorite is stick a start and finish point and the grab the middle of the line and take it through the forestry hey presto a fun route is made.

I have done some work were I import the file into Google earth to check if the road it has selected actual exists but that is relatively easy.

I havn't yet but i hope to then upload these tracks to TAT as it is a great site that seems to get good usage. I havnt shared my trails on RWGPS yet so can't comment

Seems to be a great Site so far. Thanks to the team who developed and shared it.

"Time flies when having fun" I think this day will never end.
Stumblebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #50
TroyWolf
Safety 3rd

Oddometer: 443
Thumb AdvRider support RideWithGPS iframe embedding

I love RideWithGPS.com and wish AdvRider forum would allow their iframe embed method. It would be a very slick way to share tracks visually with folks. I like to share a visual of the proposed ride track as well as the GPX file.
Arkansas OHV Conservation Assoc.RideForum.NETAMA #1009541 ■ BlueRibbon #42185 ■ 11 BMW F800GS ■ 09 Honda CRF 50 ■ 07 KTM 450 EXC ■ 99 KTM 300 EXC
TroyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #51
20Fingers
MCarrera GS-Giants

Oddometer: 134
RideWithGPS Program Here

I began using RideWithGPS this summer, excellent program in my opinion! It takes a bit of learning but once I found the right buttons and switches, life became MUCH easier for mapping and loading. Those who not familiar with the product, it's an online mapping program. Some of the special features is the ability to create, save, promote, and send out your maps to ride buddies or groups. They can access and load the tour into their GPS prior to riding!

Although RWGPS is pretty intuitive to use, I thought we could use this thread to share tips and tricks to make it more user friendly. Also, we can post links to specific rides we would like to promote in our areas.

What say you, fellow GPS geeks!

MODS: if this needs to be moved, please PM me and move it, I did a search and found little on RWGPS.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #52
20Fingers
MCarrera GS-Giants

Oddometer: 134
1st Tip for RWGPS

Once a map has been saved and the user wants to download it to their GPS, the RWGPS defaults to "Tracks" which causes some conflict with some GPS's, my Garmin 350L does not like to load Tracks, specifically. Using the drop down menu, under the file type selection window, check the other default format (not tracks) and the file will be loved by Garmin.