User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
treepawpaw OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Inmates in arusha?

Hi, I am looking at moving to a place just outside Arusha TZ next year. Just wanted to see if there are any fellow advriders in the area. I will be looking for a new bike as well and at this point I am trying to figure out if I need to ship a bike in or if I could find something locally. Looking for a KTM, preferably a 690 or EXC. If anyone has any info, please contact me. Thanks

DRZ400S
WR250F
G650X

10 Days in Ethiopia
3 Days in Ethiopia
Elye Springs trip
treepawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
udevu
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I'll be moving to Muheza in the next couple weeks, waiting on permits. It's a good 4 hour drive from Arusha. In Nairobi now, moving from Northeastern Uganda.
udevu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Osadabwa
Don't be Surprised

Oddometer: 201
Cool2 Dar Bikers

Hey mate,

There are a number of us riding routinely out of Dar. Often we make trips to Arusha/Moshi area and have tracks and experience we can share if you're interested. I can put you on our informal Google Group if you want so you can quiz the guys about bikes etc. At least one guy on the list is in Arusha currently.

There's a KTM dealer in Dar. Sells new bikes for a small fortune, but that's just like everything else new and shiny in Dar.

See my profile for some of our Tanzania rides. Here's one we did around Kilimanjaro.

Karibu
I used to have a link to my African rides in my signature line, but every time I check it doesn't work. So, if you want to see Kilimanjaro, the Kilombero Valley, a bunch of short trips around Dar and another long one to Mozambique: go to my profile.
Osadabwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
treepawpaw OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Yes I would love to be on your google group. I was actually in Dar last year and went to the KTM Dealer there. It is a neat shop but a bit pricey. They quoted me 19,000 USD for a new 690. There is no way i can come close that.
Looks like some fantastic riding in northern TZ. I look forward to riding together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osadabwa View Post
Hey mate,

There are a number of us riding routinely out of Dar. Often we make trips to Arusha/Moshi area and have tracks and experience we can share if you're interested. I can put you on our informal Google Group if you want so you can quiz the guys about bikes etc. At least one guy on the list is in Arusha currently.

There's a KTM dealer in Dar. Sells new bikes for a small fortune, but that's just like everything else new and shiny in Dar.

See my profile for some of our Tanzania rides. Here's one we did around Kilimanjaro.

Karibu

DRZ400S
WR250F
G650X

10 Days in Ethiopia
3 Days in Ethiopia
Elye Springs trip
treepawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote