Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #46
njd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
This is why I don't ride with any of you morons.

Seriously though. If you ride with people willing to brake check an SUV, stop traffic on a the Henry Hudson Pkwy, chase down Range Rover at high speeds (whilst running red lights)....all while recording everything on camera, then you're a fucking moron.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #47
ET-VT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
That would have been the best option. Also I wonder if anyone in the SUV had called 911? Seems like it went on, an awfully long time with no PO PO's present. I also wonder why they singled him out? Did something happen before the camera started rolling?
This article makes it sound like he'd already called 911 before the video starts. Maybe he gestured to them that he was calling the police? It also says that someone slashed his tires at the beginning of the video and he was forced to exit due to the deflating tire.
ET-VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
JDK111
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Such negativity shown here ....... let's look at the bright side of this incident.
With all the publicity these assholes are receiving --- the next time one of these rolling gangs starts to fuck with a 4 wheeler, the driver getting fucked with is going to be A LOT less likely to put up with their bullshit and just keep going
JDK111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #49
Ayedoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
There have been threads on this forum regarding the police in New York harassing motorcyclists with roadblocks, roadside safety checks, etc. If this is how motorcyclists behave in NYC, then such practices are a little more understandable.
Ayedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #50
Robert OK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK111 View Post
Such negativity shown here ....... let's look at the bright side of this incident.
With all the publicity these assholes are receiving --- the next time one of these rolling gangs starts to fuck with a 4 wheeler, the driver getting fucked with is going to be A LOT less likely to put up with their bullshit and just keep going
As long as they can distinguish between "rolling gangs" and the innocent solo rider (me).

I drive that stretch at least twice a week and all I need is more arrogant SUV drivers. Judging by the present state of affairs (level of driving competence in NYC) I'm not optimistic about them bothering to make that distinction.
Robert OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #51
njd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
As long as they can distinguish between "rolling gangs" and the innocent solo rider (me).

I drive that stretch at least twice a week and all I need is more arrogant SUV drivers. Judging by the present state of affairs (level of driving competence in NYC) I'm not optimistic about them bothering to make that distinction.
I'm surprised he saw the 250 bikers. Usually takes 251 before they notice.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #52
Robert OK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
FWIW, one of the victims.

http://instagram.com/p/e5uuWsCSx3/
Robert OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #53
walkergreenlabel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
my vote

is the mob of d-bag bikers. its people riding like that that has cagers targeting 2 wheels.
walkergreenlabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #54
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
FWIW, one of the victims.

http://instagram.com/p/e5uuWsCSx3/
He shouldn't have picked a fight with 4000 lbs of rolling steel.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #55
Vulfy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedoc View Post
There have been threads on this forum regarding the police in New York harassing motorcyclists with roadblocks, roadside safety checks, etc. If this is how motorcyclists behave in NYC, then such practices are a little more understandable.
Thats NOT how motorcyclists in NYC behave. This is just a hooligan meeting that can happen anywhere and there are plenty of YouTube videos of similar behavior in other states and cities. This is exactly the reason why I hate when something like this happens. People are instantly drawn to the negative and start to generalize.

THIS IS NOT A REPRESENTATION OF NYC MOTORCYCLISTS.
Vulfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #56
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,618
except they will pass a bunch of unneeded laws a criminalize sensible things like standing on the pegs, stretching, etc, with unintended consequences.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #57
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
sounds to me like Lien and family need some motorcycles

might keep dad off the cell phone while he is driving
Old 09-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #58
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 3,098
There's a large chat in jo mama going on right now. Seems like the more info coming out is not going well for the ryderz....

This was not a charity ride, just hundreds of hooligans planning to run the streets of NY city for fun.

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #59
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,879
I wonder how the gang is going to try and justify the way they surrounded the SUV? From what we could see the SUV driver was the victim.

I'm sure the driver was scared as shit. He had to have thought at least some of the bikers were armed. It would have been a terrifying experience for him.
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #60
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedoc View Post

Maybe they were retaliating! Much in the same way that a terrorist picks out innocent women and children. They can't take the police (enemy) head on any more than a group of jihadist's can take on the U.S. Airforce so maybe this is their answer. Just thinking out loud here! I think M/C's are harassed quite a bit in NYC, and I can see it's fixing to get a lot worse, and unfortunately it is the innocent M/C's who will suffer the most., because of these hooligans

khager screwed with this post 09-30-2013 at 05:14 PM
khager is offline   Reply With Quote