ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
Lennys OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738 View Post
The 908 will break-in within a few hundred miles. The weaving will calm way down. It's unsettling but it's not going to throw you off. If it bothers you that much I'll take it off your hands. I went from the standard suspension to the Superplush "S" spec. It's worlds better. If you stand up in the rough sections where you are likely to step off, the extra height is really not that noticable. But the extra ground clearence is very welcome. I actually noticed the height more in town doing slow manuvers then I do I techincal terrain where I need to dab a foot. Trying to reach the ground seated is harder, but since I'm standing in the tuff-stuff, it's easy to get a foot down. Remember, it's a 500 lbs bike, you are not going to catch it!

As someone said, you can always have the stock stuff resprung and revalved. Ride it like that, if you want more height, you can add it later. You will lose some savings versus doing it all at the same time, but since you are spreading the cost out over time it's kinda a wash.
Talked to Super Plush today and they said they can stretch it 1' or 2' or just change the ft springs and revalve, Going to Baja on the 530 for the Baja rally fri so I got time to think about it, im thinking meet in the middle and stretch it 1' since im short