ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Should we stay at MRA for WARPED X?
YES 34 85.00%
NO 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
DaFoole
WARPED Idjit

Oddometer: 3,728
I am somewhat ambivalent at this point. I DO sway towards keeping it at MRA for all the reasons previously noted. AND, it's the BIG NUMBER 10 (!!!) so's I'd like to hold onto the tradition for one more year (which is why I voted yes).

OTOH, I do see Gilla's point. BTDT.... a lot of times. Gettin' a bit stale. What keeps me going down there is seeing all the folks/friends I rarely get to see otherwise. As far as the motorhome, trailer crowd, I couldn't care less one way or another as long as you show. Some come for the hard core trails (dirt bikes) and some of us are gettin' older and like our comfort. I will still be tenting and riding down but appreciate all the beer/equipment hauling that occurs with all our truckin' friends. And a hot shower is much, much appreciated after a few days....as well as a nice crapper.....

Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillaFunk View Post
Um.

I volunteered to run WARPED given the expectation that its my show.

I am not planning on having it at WRA.

The intent will be, at least for WARPED X, will be to shift back towards ADVENTURE riding. i.e. load up your bike, ride somewhere, set up camp, ride around for the weekend, have a good time.

We have been riding that area for 9 years. Time to change it up.

I don't have interest in organizing the same thing we have been doing for 9 years unless all other options have been exhausted.

Yes, I am throwing this
All fine and good but what you want to do isn't WARPED. With your absence when you were anointed with the task of running it makes it hard to gauge the interest in moving it. Mater o fact, you missed the last TWO years.
Your comment "The intent will be, at least for WARPED X, will be to shift back towards ADVENTURE riding. i.e. load up your bike, ride somewhere, set up camp, ride around for the weekend, have a good time." When was Warped anything but what it is? Back to? It never was!

So I raise your Gauntlet and see you... You have until mid November to find a place that has the trails and amenities, along with the somewhat central location for both the nor and socal folks. Until then we'll see where the majority want to go. If you find a place we'll revisit the poll.

This isn't Fall Colors where nobody knows where it's going to be and it's supposed to happen THIS MONTH. This is about ~100 folks making plans for a vacation day or two and PLANNING rides.

And last, you really need to get over the trailer RV thing. The RV at Warped 8 provided much needed coffee ALL day. It and some others who trailer hauled the EZ-ups that kept folks dry. Those same vehicles have hauled the KEGS of beer to the event as well as gone after MORE beer when we ran out. Not all of us drink old crumpledick. They have also provided LOTS of firewood.

Let the poll continue.

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 45,606
What are we, lemmings?

I've been to all of them and to be frank, I think a new venue deserves serious consideration.
I'd like some new scenery and so forth.

I mean, it's not like we are married to MRA is it?

Edit: I like the site, I like the riding, I like the local restaurants and stores, but I would also like to see if there are other campgrounds that offer a different blend of the same amenities. I mean, there's only so many roads and trails to explore there and on the way to and from...
Old 10-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
All fine and good but what you want to do isn't WARPED. With your absence when you were anointed with the task of running it makes it hard to gauge the interest in moving it. Mater o fact, you missed the last TWO years.

So I raise your Gauntlet and see you... You have until mid November to find a place that has the trails and amenities, along with the somewhat central location for both the nor and socal folks. Until then we'll see where the majority want to go. If you find a place we'll revisit the poll.

This isn't Fall Colors where nobody knows where it's going to be and it's supposed to happen THIS MONTH. This is about ~100 folks making plans for a vacation day or two and PLANNING rides.

And last, you really need to get over the trailer RV thing. The RV at Warped 8 provided much needed coffee ALL day. It and some others who trailer hauled the EZ-ups that kept folks dry. Those same vehicles have hauled the KEGS of beer to the event as well as gone after MORE beer when we ran out. Not all of us drink old crumpledick. They have also provided LOTS of firewood.

Let the poll continue.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
What are we, lemmings?

I've been to all of them and to be frank, I think a new venue deserves serious consideration.
I'd like some new scenery and so forth.

I mean, it's not like we are married to MRA is it?
Like I said, if someone comes up with a new venue that gives us what MRA does . . .

IF
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #21
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 45,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Like I said, if someone comes up with a new venue that gives us what MRA does . . .

IF
Gotcha. I edited my post.

I didn't think we were going to move it to the Fresno Walmart parking lot.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,307
keep it in Kernville.
great area.
great for both the pussies that truck in their small bikes to ride black diamond singletrack trails and great for the hardcore riders that ride the grueling pavement in on their 1200cc espresso machines.

MRA has been great! we've even used it for our own rides.

but there's other camping in the area...
this past weekend we stayed at the KOA in Weldon south of the "lake". ice cream social and pancake breakfast. it was a nice campground with cool cabins.

or there's Cedar Creek Campground up by Alta Sierra Ski Area off Hwy 155 above Wofford Heights http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sequo...79673&actid=29
that's an adventure up there!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 9,973
ooooh, perfect venue (at least in SOME ways) was Songdog Ranch. too bad it closed :(

(the genesis of WARPED Trip was a april campout held at Song Dog a couple months before it was closed... I think we called this the Song Dog Howl... I originally was setting this up, but then couldn't attend so passed the buck to Mully to run).
Old 10-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
DaFoole
WARPED Idjit

Oddometer: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
keep it in Kernville.
great area.
great for both the pussies that truck in their small bikes to ride black diamond singletrack trails and great for the hardcore riders that ride the grueling pavement in on their 1200cc espresso machines.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #25
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,335
If its NOT @ MRA, count me out.

RIDE ON!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,073
It isn't that I wouldn't go if it was moved, but I must say the convenient amenities, catered meal in the covered area, the little amphitheater area, brewpub right down the street, multiple fire pits, camp spots close enough for inmates to carry you back to when stumble drunk-that's some pretty good shit!

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
Old 10-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #27
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,134
Yo CA Stu, dump cesspool of a thread into jomomma where we can get real and be completely honest.

If Funk started this thread that would be one thing, but THIS BULLSHIT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #28
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
Yo CA Stu, dump cesspool of a thread into jomomma where we can get real and be completely honest.

If Funk started this thread that would be one thing, but THIS BULLSHIT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!
You can be honest here Treadless. What's bullshit about it?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,300
reserved for pointless comment, but on the first page bitches!

Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #30
805gregg
Just Stroming along

Oddometer: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Limits View Post
If you want it to be a true adventure ride event, it has to be in a different place every night. And also a place a truck or motor home can't get into.
I like this, the first Warped events were almost all ride in, now the whimpy bikes or riders can't seem to get there on their bikes, but its going to be hard to find a place to ride and camp without truck and RV access, or just ban non ride in campers
Closed Thread