User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Ian The Pain OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Does Zumo 660LM have an internal speaker?

Apologies for such a noob question...........

I'm flying into Newark on Friday (from Ireland) and travelling up to Canada by car and I need a GPS unit. The last time I was over I got raped for the rental of a GPS unit from the car hire company so this time I figured I would buy one that I could use on the bike when I get back home.
I always fancied a Zumo 660 as it comes with the necessary accessories for use on the bike or in the car. The only thing I'm not sure about (and can't find an answer to) is, does the unit have an internal speaker so that you can hear the voiced instructions when using it in the car? The little gremlin in my head is telling me that because the unit is waterproof it mustn't have any speaker holes and therefore no speaker.....

I don't want to drive to Canada with a GPS that has no sound. I would sooner by a cheaper Nuvi and sell it when the trip is over.

Again, apologies for the noob question, but this trip has only been organised at the last minute and I haven't had the time to research this. I have searched this site, and other forums and can't find an answer. The car rental company is going to charge me 100 (approx. $155) for the hire of a GPS, and I would much rather spend the cash on a unit of my own.

Cheers

Ian
Ian The Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
bearbuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
yes it does. it can be muted when you are tired of listening to her tell you that you're lost.

bb.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/154297.png
bearbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Ian The Pain OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbuck View Post
yes it does. it can be muted when you are tired of listening to her tell you that you're lost.

bb.

Cheers bb

I couldn't get an answer in time and didn't want to take the plunge on the zumo unit without knowing if it had audible voice prompts, so I got a cheap magellan unit that was on offer in Best Buy for $99. It did the job and I can now stick it on fleabay.

I'll get the zumo unit now that I know I can use it in the car as well as on the bike.

Ian
Ian The Pain is offline   Reply With Quote